Pre-Game Talk: Into the Crucible: Lightning must not strike twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Shed no tears. Sharpen thy blades, and gird thy loins. Tampa, like Troy,is capable of being taken.
Look for victory when defeat seems imminent. Even if Desharnais and the likes of pylons as Markov be our Scyllla, and Therrien and our regressive leaders be our Charybdis, all that is left is to summon the strength and sinew of an Odysseus, and perhaps our Ithaca will be reached. Expect no succour or deliverance from on high, for such aid is undeserved lest reparation be made. So you band of brothers, o ye hapless joyous few, tomorrow brings forth a new challenge to the blue blanc rouge. When the buzzer sounds its toll, shall the tricoloure score greater than one goal?

(This poetic thespianic interlude is brought to you by Montreal Smoked Meat on rye and a bottle of Maudite.) :):nod:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They can't score, and Bishop is really good. Not a great recipe for success. Butthead won't ask his players to create havoc in front of Bishop, so I don't see how they intend on beating the bolts with this system. The dump and chase is just hilarious at this point.

I mean, the last game could have went either way so all is not lost... but I hope Bishop isn't in their heads.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Habs are gonna win this. This collective whining has to stop. Last game was a good start. Puck will go in tomorrow. Price is gonna be Price. Then we're gonna be great on the road. Don't panic.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
2 posts, a goal line, an early whistle, multiple scrambles 2 feet in front of bishop...

Last game was our's to lose, and we did.

We just need some finish.. and I mean let's also look at TB there, for everyone talking about our terrible offense, we took the best offensive team in the league to double OT.

Next game we win by 2 or more IMO

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs are gonna win this. This collective whining has to stop. Last game was a good start. Puck will go in tomorrow. Price is gonna be Price. Then we're gonna be great on the road. Don't panic.

Thats right we are whining for stating Habs can't score :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Almost a must win. It will be the Lightning's 7th game in 12 days, and by the end of game 4 they'll have played 9 in 16. Win tomorrow and the split is very doable in Tampa even if they have an excellent home record. Lose tomorrow... Not good.

Dec 2, 2010
Fact is: if they play the same way they did last night, chances are they win the series. For the most part, outchanced and boxed them out and Carey was solid.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Thats right we are whining for stating Habs can't score :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Go ahead man if you think stating the obvious for the 1000th time is gonna bring a miracle solution.

What I saw last night makes me think goals will come and this series is very well in reach.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Go ahead man if you think stating the obvious for the 1000th time is gonna bring a miracle solution.

What I saw last night makes me think goals will come and this series is very well in reach.

Why have a dialogue then? Why have this forum? We are discussing the Habs, good or bad. It is not up to any of us to whine about what we discuss or bring up.
My solution- play Gonchar, at least the PP gets a different look. Maybe insert Hudon instead of PAP who is bringing nothing.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Shed no tears. Sharpen thy blades, and gird thy loins. Tampa, like Troy,is capable of being taken.
Look for victory when defeat seems imminent. Even if Desharnais and the likes of pylons as Markov be our Scyllla, and Therrien and our regressive leaders be our Charybdis, all that is left is to summon the strength and sinew of an Odysseus, and perhaps our Ithaca will be reached. Expect no succour or deliverance from on high, for such aid is undeserved lest reparation be made. So you band of brothers, o ye hapless joyous few, tomorrow brings forth a new challenge to the blue blanc rouge. When the buzzer sounds its toll, shall the tricoloure score greater than one goal?

(This poetic thespianic interlude is brought to you by Montreal Smoked Meat on rye and a bottle of Maudite.) :):nod:

I just had to say that this one made me laugh quite hard! Good work on the allusions, sir.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
With 6 more games to play, before it's over Hab fans will run the gamut on emotional outbursts of every ilk imaginable. I will wisely avoid the nonsense, thank you very much!:nod:

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
I just had to say that this one made me laugh quite hard! Good work on the allusions, sir.

Thank you most kindly. I tend wax poetic a lot better when my ailments are at their worst.
It is pleasing too when others get the allusions. Musnt let all that education go down to the oubliette.:)

To live or die at the Bell,
Be it a prelude to the heavens or to the hells.

PS If I was younger I might do what your user name proclaims....maybe even a bit of carpe puellae...wink wink nudge nudge

Last edited:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

60103498.jpg

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta

An age ago....a friend who was into trying all kinds of beers showed me a bottle of this one day. I proceeded to tell him the story of the Chasse gallerie, pictured on the bottle. I, my curiousity tweaked, found a beer store that carried the Unibroue line, and bought a few bottles. Had the first bottle with bbq steak and baked potatoes (done over a wood fire) and it complemented the meal in a devilish delicious way. Subsequently I tried all the other Unibroue beers after that.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Beat them everywhere except the scoreboard, unfortunately that's the only place that counts

Not unhappy with the effort, hoping MT tries the EGG line next game

Pacs Pleks DSP
EGG
Prust DD PAP
DLR Mitchell Weise

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
An age ago....a friend who was into trying all kinds of beers showed me a bottle of this one day. I proceeded to tell him the story of the Chasse gallerie, pictured on the bottle. I, my curiousity tweaked, found a beer store that carried the Unibroue line, and bought a few bottles. Had the first bottle with bbq steak and baked potatoes (done over a wood fire) and it complemented the meal in a devilish delicious way. Subsequently I tried all the other Unibroue beers after that.

Try Sainte Ambroises beer. So delicious

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

lol! love it!

Go habs go, the habs can win this for us! Our modern gladiater, give us a win! (and 12 others before summers come!)

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
We have zero choice...
I wouldn't want to go into that back to back jack 0-2.

I think Bishop is hurt. He was getting up slow towards the end of the game and looked a little rattled after the puck to the head. Prust needs to get on him and we are off to the races.
We are taking this!

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
2 posts, a goal line, an early whistle, multiple scrambles 2 feet in front of bishop...

We just need some finish.. and I mean let's also look at TB there, for everyone talking about our terrible offense, we took the best offensive team in the league to double OT.

People should listen to this man.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

That the spirit!

Go habs go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad