International Coyotes fan thread.

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Hei,

I'm finnish, greetings from Tampere

Edit: Fun fact, there is many great current or former NHL players from Tampere
Barkov, Laine, Hintz, Jyrki Lumme and our former captain Teppo Numminen just to name few
I was a big fan of Teppo Numminen and Jyrki Lumme. I remember when the Coyotes had 5 Finns on the team and gave out posters commemorating that. I think I still have that poster around here somewhere.

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
Do y'all support local hockey in the country you live? What team(s) do you support?
Local hockey is not a spectator sport here. I play in the local league (not top tier). I imagine that if I had lived in Finland or Sweden, I'd be very much into the local league.

In fact, the first hockey game I've been to, a few years before Coyotes\ Bruins in Prague, was in Finland. Jokerit vs. HIFK. It was exciting, but what I remember most was the arena music. I mean, Nightwish at one time, or Iron Maiden with the two little boys sitting next to us singing along.

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
Did you attend the WJC? I was there for the semis and finals, we had a big Sweden flag with 'Linköping' written on it. I had planned on wearing my Kachina if Sweden didn't make it to the finals but obviously that didn't happen.
Sounds awesome. No I wasn't there but did watch the games and it seemed like a fantastic atmosphere. I was looking at getting tickets but not too many of my mates enjoy watching hockey as much as myself. And to tell you the truth, I can barely skate!

Sadly Thelin only got one game. But that wouldn't have made a difference. The US were just too damn good.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Norwegian, from Oslo. The avatar is Ludvig (I can see he is named Lambert in the English version) from Pinchliffe Grand Prix, and it's how the typical Norwegian look.

I only picked a team, and didn't want to pick the same team as everybody else following NHL. So Arizona came with some positive connotations for me, I don't know why- it just did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad