Management Interim GM and POHO Staios/Front Office Thread - Part XI

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well it seemed to me ( in you quoted post below) that you were advocating for Peter Chiarelli, or someone like him, who “has experience “, and I assumed experience as a GM.

GMs in the NHL are the ones “making trades”, and it appears that you don’t want a new GM (Peter Chiarelli or someone like him) with experience, to be making trades….. this makes no sense to me.

View attachment 763869

Also, I would be interested in knowing which NHL teams Have a POHO who handles trades, and the GM, is really an assistant to the POHO…. I can’t think of one….. perhaps there are, but after watching many Entry Drafts, I can’t recall any POHOs making trades, or being in charge of the Draft.
It's hard to say cause we arent on the inside. I think there were already rumours that Shanahan axed some of the trade that Dubas wanted to make. Dubas was also ready to change the core 4 in Toronto and was let go by Shanny who then brought in a GM who was willing to keep the core 4 and just add toughness.

There are definitly a lot of power to POHO who might not be directly talking to GMs but have to agree on trades before they occur. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the dynamic in Vancouver with Rutherford too which was rumoured until this year where he said he will take more of a back seat

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's hard to say cause we arent on the inside. I think there were already rumours that Shanahan axed some of the trade that Dubas wanted to make. Dubas was also ready to change the core 4 in Toronto and was let go by Shanny who then brought in a GM who was willing to keep the core 4 and just add toughness.

There are definitly a lot of power to POHO who might not be directly talking to GMs but have to agree on trades before they occur. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the dynamic in Vancouver with Rutherford too which was rumoured until this year where he said he will take more of a back seat
Well we all agree that a GM should always clear moves/trades/signings with his immediate supervisor. Never once did anyone think the previous GM ran things on his own without the approval of his immediate supervisor ……

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Ray Ferraro describes ex-team-mate Staios as "methodical". Does this mean he's thorough, plodding, or both? Analysis paralysis?!

Hopefully Sens brass will listen to paying fans, who are sick and tired of DJ's sad sack coaching. No patience for 1 more lost season at game 15.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I love overpaying 30+ year olds for 8 more years.
Well that was at the very end when he chose to go for it instead of tear it down. That isn’t really possible with how our team is currently structured. Not saying he’s good or bad

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
First of all Doug Wilson would be a fine GM in Ottawa. Probably so would Darche and Spezza tbh. I'm honestly fine with whoever as long as they're forward thinking about how to build teams.

In terms of the specific hate for Spezza from some. All the 'insiders' say he'll be a great GM someday. Everyone who played with him says he treated people the right way. We all saw first hand he could speak well to the media.

I would prefer other options, sure. But I think Spezza on day 1 post-retirement was probably a better GM than we've been dealing with in Dorion.

It's nice to even have the option to fix our biggest most glaring issue. All positive from me on this.
My problem with Spezza is who his mentor has been: Kyle Dubas.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ray Ferraro describes ex-team-mate Staios as "methodical". Does this mean he's thorough, plodding, or both? Analysis paralysis?!

Hopefully Sens brass will listen to paying fans, who are sick and tired of DJ's sad sack coaching. No patience for 1 more lost season at game 15.

Once a GM starts listening to the fans, they’ll soon be sitting with the fans.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Staios interview this morning

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Staois played for Jack Capuano in NYI.

They can keep going with DJ or at least give another HC a shot. Can’t get any more inconsistent then the team already is

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Dont make any changes and keep on laughing at the fans come on

Cuz thats what this franchise is doing rn

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
in the last 6 years
1) Andre Tourigny (coaching the 67s, tremendous success) not considered, he surfaces in Arizona
2) Bruce Cassidy.. Ottawa guy. becomes available,, tremendous success in Boston, wins cup in Vegas
3) Rick Bownes.. Huge Ottawa ties, becomes available.. tremendous success in other stops
4) Jim Montgomery. Montrealer Becomes available.. success in Boston, success before that (YES, PERSONAL ISSUES..I get it)

4 guys, all with excellent coaching records. All with ties to the city. All became available and no move..

1) James Boyd... Ottawa 67's GM.. Team Canada GM.. Older man, I get it.. But say as an AGM

missed opportunity

Thank you Eugene. Thank you Pierre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad