Management Interim GM and POHO Staios/Front Office Thread - Part XI

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Now that Staios my Greek brotha from another motha is also in charge of the team's DTD, how short has DJ's leash finally become?

Staios gave the coaching staff a public vote of confidence today, although we all know he didn't really have a choice to do so from a human relations/media image pov.

By end of November, if the team is below .500 or just around that mark, you have to think the coaching staff is erased. I think any kind of 3-4 game losing slump will be all the incentive Staios needs to move on from this staff, similar to this Daddy penalty being a perfect excuse to fire Dorion even though there were 1000 more reasons.

I really hope Julien is our guy. Hopefully he can emulate the effect Martin had on those early 2000s Sens teams. Hoping he's healthy as well and still willing to coach.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Serevelli says the names to look out for are Chiarelli, Darche and.....Spezza.

Half this place will blow a gasket with Chia or Spezza

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Serevelli says the names to look out for are Chiarelli, Darche and.....Spezza.

Half this place will blow a gasket with Chia or Spezza
Wow, I think Spezza will eventually get a gig as a GM somewhere, but it seems a bit early yet.

Reactions: DrEasy

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Why? The next GM would benefit from a properly structured and funded front office, a reasonable and wealthy owner, a team on the rise with still relatively low expectations given recent performance, and an extremely low bar set by the predecessor. A dream job actually.
No matter who gets hired, half of this forum will be pissed off that “their” guy wasn’t hired. The bashing will continue until the new guy gets fired… and the cycle repeats itself.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I like Darche or anyone else that is new, but we need someone with experience in the mix as well.

Whether that's Chiarelli as a VP of Hockey Ops, or someone else, we really can't have a brand new GM without guard rails.

Reactions: Icelevel

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I like Darche or anyone else that is new, but we need someone with experience in the mix as well.

Whether that's Chiarelli as a VP of Hockey Ops, or someone else, we really can't have a brand new GM without guard rails.
As opposed to what we have now, which is a guy with no GM or POHO experience at the NHL level serving both roles?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wow, I think Spezza will eventually get a gig as a GM somewhere, but it seems a bit early yet.
Spezza will be the next GM of the Penguins. Dubas will do the unpopular work if they continue to suck and give Spezza a blank slate to rebuild.

I’m all in on Darche

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
A lot of touchy nerve endings as we roll into a new chapter in the front office. I wish Staios the best wearing this new hat. I hope he does a deep dive into the availability of quality candidates and makes the right choice to work with him and guide the Sens towards success in the future.
We know more changes and improvements to the front office are coming.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
south-park-skiing.gif

(hopefully)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad