Interesting Info: Part XVII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jesus, the team probably couldn't even donate to a charity without being ridiculed by fans in here. I thought it was pretty funny.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jesus, the team probably couldn't even donate to a charity without being ridiculed by fans in here. I thought it was pretty funny.

I got a lot of flack years ago when I criticized Tyler Wright for spending the week of prospect camp in Canada running in a charity marathon.

Most people were like "what a great move!"

I was like "he's in charge of player development, what the hell is he doing in Canada right now??"

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I didn't have any problems with this prank video like I did with the golf video. I still can't believe that someone in that organization posted that golf video.

If it was a video of the guys playing golf after a good playoff run sometime in late May or early June, I would have no problem. But instead we are treated to the "good teams are early first round of the playoffs" but we're playing golf and screwing around video. For guys that are supposed to be disappointed with how the season went, they seemed to get over it pretty quick. What a nightmare?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I didn't have any problems with this prank video like I did with the golf video. I still can't believe that someone in that organization posted that golf video.

If it was a video of the guys playing golf after a good playoff run sometime in late May or early June, I would have no problem. But instead we are treated to the "good teams are early first round of the playoffs" but we're playing golf and screwing around video. For guys that are supposed to be disappointed with how the season went, they seemed to get over it pretty quick. What a nightmare?
Would you prefer they sit around and mope, and let it really sink in that they're hopeless and doomed?

The time for using the prior year as motivation for a non-playoff team is September, not April.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Would you prefer they sit around and mope, and let it really sink in that they're hopeless and doomed?

The time for using the prior year as motivation for a non-playoff team is September, not April.

There is bunch of talk about this club planning Tee times in Feb and March. Come the first round of playoffs, they post a video of Cam golfing. While its not really a big deal, it clearly is in poor taste for some.

Go ahead and golf, but posting video highlights of it is not funny to some.

I thought the prank video was funny, that's why I posted it. I made a sarcastic comment which I hope no one took as a serious indictment of the team (although ST sales have to be down... right?).

The golf thing is just... It's like the most derogatory statement that can be made about a club limping along to finish the season, and there is the team's social media posting a golf video. It's like playing the other team's entrance song in your own arena during a pp timeout, just bad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There is bunch of talk about this club planning Tee times in Feb and March. Come the first round of playoffs, they post a video of Cam golfing. While its not really a big deal, it clearly is in poor taste for some.

Go ahead and golf, but posting video highlights of it is not funny to some.

I thought the prank video was funny, that's why I posted it. I made a sarcastic comment which I hope no one took as a serious indictment of the team (although ST sales have to be down... right?).

The golf thing is just... It's like the most derogatory statement that can be made about a club limping along to finish the season, and there is the team's social media posting a golf video. It's like playing the other team's entrance song in your own arena during a pp timeout, just bad.
So let me see if I've got this straight here.

100% perfectly okay, and don't you dare speak against it:
Hoping for the team to lose more and getting angry when they win.

Absolutely 100% not okay, and don't you dare speak in support of it:
The team acknowledging that they've had a losing season and making light of it with golf highlights.

5wWf7Hi5aXu3JiXXwli.gif

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So let me see if I've got this straight here.

100% perfectly okay, and don't you dare speak against it:
Hoping for the team to lose more and getting angry when they win.

Absolutely 100% not okay, and don't you dare speak in support of it:
The team acknowledging that they've had a losing season and making light of it with golf highlights.

5wWf7Hi5aXu3JiXXwli.gif

Well to be fair, the fans aren't employed by the team so there's a noteworthy difference there. Mostly just playing devil's advocate though..

We all know they're golfing, likely having fun while doing it, and there's nothing wrong with sharing that with the fans in my opinion. Also understandable that it would draw some ire.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Yeah, but then we could have fallen out of the top five completely. Can't hold results constant while changing prior outcomes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sooooo, what you're telling me is that crazy comeback win against Philly is infinitely more awesome because it landed us Laine/Pulju? :D
Realistically, we can't be sure. But if you want to go by the same standards of evidence used to justify "we should be losing more" arguments, you're damned right it is. :D

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Realistically, we can't be sure. But if you want to go by the same standards of evidence used to justify "we should be losing more" arguments, you're damned right it is. :D

Could you not just say a different game where we had the lead then blew it and lost the game, allowed us to pick 3rd Bc if we hadn't we would have had more points?

Regardless what you think the lower you are in standings, the higher percentage of winning lottery/getting an elite player. That is why some people thought it was in the best interest of the club to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad