Interesting Info: Part XVII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No issue with the players. The team shouldn't be showing fun on the golf course during the first round of the playoffs. Salt in the wounds.

Why? Who cares? It's their free time. The team isn't going to tweet nothing. Some fans care about what the players are up to in the offseason, so they show them.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
There's plenty enough other stuff to get mad about regarding this franchise. Save your vitriol for something that actually matters. It's a long summer.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Their season is over, why shouldn't they be playing golf?

I have no problem with Cam putting out this video, hope he has a great summer. If all our players produced this season like Boone, Saad, and Cam , we would probably be in the playoffs . However I better not see Foligno put out a similar video this summer:naughty:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I have no problem with Cam putting out this video, hope he has a great summer. If all our players produced this season like Boone, Saad, and Cam , we would probably be in the playoffs . However I better not see Foligno put out a similar video this summer:naughty:

He'd fan the shot. :laugh:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Again, I have no issue with Cam or any of the players. My issue is with the front office - acting like a disastrous season (when the fans were led to believe this team would be playing in the playoffs, not golfing during them) is just business as usual for the franchise.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Again, I have no issue with Cam or any of the players. My issue is with the front office - acting like a disastrous season (when the fans were led to believe this team would be playing in the playoffs, not golfing during them) is just business as usual for the franchise.
I disagree. Don't sense that the front office is treating this past season's failure as "business as usual". I think they're disappointed and upset, but I think they've got patience and believe in their process. I mean.. if they don't, then who does?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I disagree. Don't sense that the front office is treating this past season's failure as "business as usual". I think they're disappointed and upset, but I think they've got patience and believe in their process. I mean.. if they don't, then who does?

Agree with this. I think there's also value in at least occasionally keeping the fans reminded of/engaged in CBJ stuff over the summer (even if it's not hockey related).

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Read an article where Umberger said he sucked the past 2 seasons with Philly because of "injuries that weren't taken care of" when he played for the CBJ. Can't tell if this is sour grapes or if our suspicions that our conditioning/medical staff is completely incompetent continue to be confirmed.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I didn't really see where his quote blamed the Blue Jackets. He said he felt good this year, he just wasn't scoring. He has fallen off a cliff because of his game and his age.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Read an article where Umberger said he sucked the past 2 seasons with Philly because of "injuries that weren't taken care of" when he played for the CBJ. Can't tell if this is sour grapes or if our suspicions that our conditioning/medical staff is completely incompetent continue to be confirmed.

Maybe both. Wouldn't be the first time someone complained about our staff. Stralman, and Calvert are others that come to mind.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Interesting. The original article has been edited to remove the quote in question. Very strange. I won't post the link since it seems the Philly reporter is moving the goalposts.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Re: RJ - he needed hip surgery following the playoffs in the summer of 2014. I forget the entire list, but he had multiple injuries he was playing through in the Pens series. Probably just took him several months to recover and wasn't ready to go at the start of '14-'15. Unless there's a direct quote about the CBJ training/medical staff, I don't think it's worth noting.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Re: RJ - he needed hip surgery following the playoffs in the summer of 2014. I forget the entire list, but he had multiple injuries he was playing through in the Pens series. Probably just took him several months to recover and wasn't ready to go at the start of '14-'15. Unless there's a direct quote about the CBJ training/medical staff, I don't think it's worth noting.

There was a direct quote. The Philly reporter removed it and reposted the edited story. So I will give us a pass for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad