Post-Game Talk: <insert whiny comment about officiating>

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
We just did beat Tampa when we had somewhat healthy roster and guys were pumped up. Now, wheels dropped off losing also Richards (who is a key element currently replacing Datsyuk) and Green who started looking phenomenally good alongside with Kronwall and Quincey who has been a Top3 defenceman at season start.

Very very tough position to build a new structure for Blashill. But I strongly believe we will get over it, just takes more time we planned, because of injuries.

Have to wait guys back, and start again. Frustrating as hell.

Richards is a nobody on this roster. He probably won't even hit 30 points this season, and back is already hurting after six games.

Another worthless vet signing.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
How many UFA signings from the lockout has worked for Holland? Under 5, right?

Yeah that sounds about right.

Rafalski
Hossa
Alfie (Wings don't get to lose in the first round without him)
DD

Of course after 09, almost every FA brought in by Detroit has been a washed up veteran, so a high failure rate is to be expected.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah that sounds about right.

Rafalski
Hossa
Alfie (Wings don't get to lose in the first round without him)
DD

Of course after 09, almost every FA brought in by Detroit has been a washed up veteran, so a high failure rate is to be expected.

Other than injuries Green looks hopeful.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
They can't do any worse? Are you sure about that? The Griff's are playing worse than the Wings right now. Which kid do you want to bring in? Which one has earned it?

As I remember correctly the Griff's started out bad last year as well and still made the playoffs. The only one I might consider bringing up now might be Athanasiou or possibly Jensen.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Nyquist-Z-AA
Tatar-Larkin- Sheahan (Tell Sheahan to drive the net every time or he sits)
Miller-Helm-Abby (Miller seems like the only guy bringing it every night)
Jurco- Glenny- Ferraro

Bench Pulu, Richards, Anderson

I want the bottom two lines to just go out there and hit things. Abby & Helm look like they need to get back to their roots. AA gives the Wings another dynamic speed option with Z, which seems to help him a lot. Plus he is a fairly big guy. Sheahan I tell to do something offensively along the boards or in front of the net or he can sit. He has done nothing this season. Tatar & Nyquist just need to figure their stuff out, and stop trying to do everything themselves.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Helm is a shell of himself right now. Chasing the puck, always just a second late on every play- it's hard to watch. It's not the fact of missing Pavel, he looks lost out there with a dazed expression on the bench. If his shoulder is injured or head not right he might as well sit.

Abdelkader gets a hat-trick his first game but has grown more quiet every game. Damn is he injured too? No giant checks, no furious hustle that he's capable of. Coach should leave a grand piano at the entrance to the rink to remind him of what put him in a top 6 role.

I was blaming the "kids" but it's 2 near-vets like Helm and Abbie should be able to step up and lead the Wings while we're dealing with injuries but it's not happening.

Helm missed all of camp. I don't know why you would expect him to be in top form after five games. I agree though that Abby should be playing much, much better.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Other than injuries Green looks hopeful.

I expect Green to end up being a good signing.

Agreed with both. Way too early to tell if Green's a washout, he hasn't PLAYED enough yet. And don't forget, he's one of, what, TWO people on this roster who actually have NEVER played under Blashill before (Richards being the other)?

Yeah, and he's got what? 2 points in 7 games or something? He's consistently been a much more prolific producer. Which likely means we ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to Green. Was just settling in to a new team at first, then was injured by a dirty hit.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
Yeah, and he's got what? 2 points in 7 games or something? He's consistently been a much more prolific producer. Which likely means we ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to Green. Was just settling in to a new team at first, then was injured by a dirty hit.

Which was precisely my point. He hasn't PLAYED enough yet to judge whether he's a great addition or not. Given his history with Washington, I have high hopes, but no one can judge one way or the other yet. There's no evidence.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Richards being hurt is a total freak thing. Only other major "injury" he's had his entire career I can remember is getting mononucleosis. Actually, like the Modano freak wrist injury. Both guys really healthy for over a decade then the Wings happen...

Aug 6, 2012
Richards being hurt is a total freak thing. Only other major "injury" he's had his entire career I can remember is getting mononucleosis. Actually, like the Modano freak wrist injury. Both guys really healthy for over a decade then the Wings happen...

Richards being bad isn't though. It was expected by some of us.

Hope he turns it around when he comes back.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

concussion on his final year in dallas.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Richards being bad isn't though. It was expected by some of us.

Hope he turns it around when he comes back.

Absolutely a rough start. Hard to be too critical when the whole team is out of sorts. Not like they've done any better with him out.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Nyquist-Z-AA
Tatar-Larkin- Sheahan (Tell Sheahan to drive the net every time or he sits)
Miller-Helm-Abby (Miller seems like the only guy bringing it every night)
Jurco- Glenny- Ferraro

Bench Pulu, Richards, Anderson

I want the bottom two lines to just go out there and hit things. Abby & Helm look like they need to get back to their roots. AA gives the Wings another dynamic speed option with Z, which seems to help him a lot. Plus he is a fairly big guy. Sheahan I tell to do something offensively along the boards or in front of the net or he can sit. He has done nothing this season. Tatar & Nyquist just need to figure their stuff out, and stop trying to do everything themselves.

And then when these lines predictably fail, let's bring up Callahan and Nosek and Hoggan. Miele for 2nd PP.

I have never seen such a willfully ignorant fan base as what ours has been putting out the last couple weeks.

There is no defensible train of thought statistically to support anything that is being said. Or rather, no statistically significiant train of thought. Things find their level in professional sports.

Brennan Boesch and Chris Shelton weren't core pieces for the Tigers even though their early returns were spectacular in their debut seasons. Water found its level and they found their way out of Detroit and in Shelton's case out of baseball.

Guys like Tatar and Nyquist haven't forgotten how to play hockey. They're just not playing with a ton of confidence in a system that they're not as familiar with.

People are supporting patience for judgement on Blashill because it is insane to make a decision based on two weeks of hockey in which several key players have been injured.

You can hate that Blashill is the coach and Babcock isn't, but it is embarrassing the amount of mental gymnastics that are being done to accept a two week sample size as being significant enough to say this team sucks. Particularly one that they went 4-4-1 in.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...zs-video-sessions-last-season-could-cut-deep/

Saw this on 30 thoughts the other day, its Orpik talking about how they started when Trotz took over and adjusting to a new coach early in the season. I wonder if this is some of what the wings are going through right now, thinking too much. I'm not really going to worry for another 10 games if they dont pull it together, they are still .500 early in the year and have had some injuries to some of their best players

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
And then when these lines predictably fail, let's bring up Callahan and Nosek and Hoggan. Miele for 2nd PP.

I have never seen such a willfully ignorant fan base as what ours has been putting out the last couple weeks.

There is no defensible train of thought statistically to support anything that is being said. Or rather, no statistically significiant train of thought. Things find their level in professional sports.

Brennan Boesch and Chris Shelton weren't core pieces for the Tigers even though their early returns were spectacular in their debut seasons. Water found its level and they found their way out of Detroit and in Shelton's case out of baseball.

Guys like Tatar and Nyquist haven't forgotten how to play hockey. They're just not playing with a ton of confidence in a system that they're not as familiar with.

People are supporting patience for judgement on Blashill because it is insane to make a decision based on two weeks of hockey in which several key players have been injured.

You can hate that Blashill is the coach and Babcock isn't, but it is embarrassing the amount of mental gymnastics that are being done to accept a two week sample size as being significant enough to say this team sucks. Particularly one that they went 4-4-1 in.

I don't see what is so crazy or ignorant about my lineup. I basically said Tats and Gus just need some time to get their stuff in gear. Sheahan needs to use his size, and I've created two energy lines as this team is lacking in energy at the moment. Helm and abby have made a solid unit in the past and Abby been pretty blah outside the first game or two. The craziest thing about my lineup is inserting AA for Pulu who I think adds and element of size and speed that we are lacking. Pulu is a good player but we already have our small offensive wingers. I'm hoping he gets moved to shore up the D.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007

Well, sad truth is, there are those out there who feel that for the price that's paid to field the team, both internally by the organization and externally by the fans, performance excellence is not only to be expected, but can be justifiably demanded, from start to finish. If that benchmark is not met, the only logical option is to throw the baby out with the bathwater and start fresh, because "the whole f***ing thing just went to s**t," and blame for that spreads like peanut butter (but doesn't taste as good :D).

No, I'm not one of those people. I think things will turn around once the gang clears the cobwebs, gets over the injuries, and (in some instances) remembers that they were selected to play for the Red Wings at the NHL level for a damn good reason.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I don't see what is so crazy or ignorant about my lineup. I basically said Tats and Gus just need some time to get their stuff in gear. Sheahan needs to use his size, and I've created two energy lines as this team is lacking in energy at the moment. Helm and abby have made a solid unit in the past and Abby been pretty blah outside the first game or two. The craziest thing about my lineup is inserting AA for Pulu who I think adds and element of size and speed that we are lacking. Pulu is a good player but we already have our small offensive wingers. I'm hoping he gets moved to shore up the D.

My post was less your post and more the growing number of ridiculous pessimists on this board.

I'm not really a fan of just plugging in a guy like AA to plug him in though. The Wings need to improve with the roster they already have. Have Zetterberg or Kronner go red ass on them to say they're embarrassing the rest of the team by playing the way they are.

Bringing up a guy like AA always sounds like a better idea than it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad