Injury Report: Injury Update Jan. 18 (Mod Warning #45)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'm pretty sure than even if he isn't 100% healthy, he doesn't skip this once-in-a-lifetime Olympics in his home country. He has earned every rights to be there.

We as Red Wings fans and Red Wings as an organization owe this chance for Pavel and we should be cheering with 100% support for him to have success. We have enjoyed maybe the greatest Russian moments in NHL history, and Pavel is the final product of those Glory Russian 5 days. I have loved these guys from that Great Hockey country and I really can't think that selfishly about this phenomenal player.

same here, 100% agreed.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If Datsyuk doesn't play another game before the Olympics but is on the ice for the first Russia game in Sochi, nobody can deny there will be a stench to it.

It's difficult given the doubtless contributions made by Datsyuk to the Red Wings over the years but the reality is that it's not like he made those contributions for free as a favor and the Red Wings aren't paying him top dollar so he can follow his dreams in Russia.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If Datsyuk doesn't play another game before the Olympics but is on the ice for the first Russia game in Sochi, nobody can deny there will be a stench to it.

It's difficult given the doubtless contributions made by Datsyuk to the Red Wings over the years but the reality is that it's not like he made those contributions for free as a favor and the Red Wings aren't paying him top dollar so he can follow his dreams in Russia.

From his point of view, an Olympic gold medal is the last accomplishment he can obtain in his career. The Red Wings aren't Cup contenders this year. Put 2 and 2 together.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
From his point of view, an Olympic gold medal is the last accomplishment he can obtain in his career. The Red Wings aren't Cup contenders this year. Put 2 and 2 together.

I can see the motivation, sure. But he's also a pro. I can also imagine things more suitable to my personal aspirations than showing up to work at 8 am on a Monday morning but that's what we get paid to do. It's not a good look.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Haha, yeah. :) jinx jinx.

I'm pretty sure than even if he isn't 100% healthy, he doesn't skip this once-in-a-lifetime Olympics in his home country. He has earned every rights to be there.

We as Red Wings fans and Red Wings as an organization owe this chance for Pavel and we should be cheering with 100% support for him to have success. We have enjoyed maybe the greatest Russian moments in NHL history, and Pavel is the final product of those Glory Russian 5 days. I have loved these guys from that Great Hockey country and I really can't think that selfishly about this phenomenal player.

The guy just got a new 22 million dollar contract. They didn't pay him to play in the Olympics.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
The guy just got a new 22 million dollar contract. They didn't pay him to play in the Olympics.

If he gets healthy in time for the Olympics though, thats another thing. I don't think Pavel is faking this at all, but he is close to returning. So if he is fully healed, he should play in Sochi. The thing I worry about is if he comes back for Sochi, and then gets hurt there because he wasn't 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad