Injury Report: Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

BarbaraAlphanse

Give me a break. That is not why people dislike Boyle.

Boyle is not only useless in the offensive zone, but he also isn't physical (despite being 6'7) and I think is overrated defensively. He's a good PKer and can block shots, but I don't see any extreme defensive instincts (like a Stepan) or physical abilities that may be able to make up for lack of instincts (like a Hagelin) in Boyle. He's a soft, big guy that takes up space and can block shots. He's also good at FOs.

Most people who "hate" Boyle love him for what he should be used for- a fourth line center and PKer who could be bumped up in case of injury, Not a consistent top-9 winger who ruins all chemistry on whatever line he's on.

I stopped reading after "he isn't physical". Just cause he doesn't fight often doesn't mean he's not physical.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
Fine. You got me. Pick Boyle's best two game stretch of his career over a time when Gaborik had a torn shoudler. Boyle wins.

The end of the season & beginning of the playoffs last year it seemed like Boyle was the only one on the team that was scoring.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

Boyle is not only useless in the offensive zone, but he also isn't physical (despite being 6'7) and I think is overrated defensively. He's a good PKer and can block shots, but I don't see any extreme defensive instincts (like a Stepan) or physical abilities that may be able to make up for lack of instincts (like a Hagelin) in Boyle. He's a soft, big guy that takes up space and can block shots. He's also good at FOs.

Most people who "hate" Boyle love him for what he should be used for- a fourth line center and PKer who could be bumped up in case of injury, Not a consistent top-9 winger who ruins all chemistry on whatever line he's on.

He's very physical, people just seem to think that just because he's big it means he should level everyone every shift like you're playing a video game.

Punxrocknyc19*

Boyle should watch Callahan... I bet if Boyle played like Callahan even without the offense he wouldn't be hated as much... if Boyle worked on his skating again it might help. Imagine if Boyle hit like Callahan.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
...endless Boyle derangement syndrome, blah, blah, Boyle sucks, blah, blah.

He's not a great player. Not even close. It just always makes me wonder how he could even be in the NHL as bad as people here make him out to be. He should not be and yet he is. Do any of you even consider that you might be wrong?

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Boyle should watch Callahan... I bet if Boyle played like Callahan even without the offense he wouldn't be hated as much... if Boyle worked on his skating again it might help. Imagine if Boyle hit like Callahan.

There's only so fast a 6'7", 245 lb. guy can skate.....

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

He's not a great player. Not even close. It just always makes me wonder how he could even be in the NHL as bad as people here make him out to be. He should not be and yet he is. Do any of you even consider that you might be wrong?

Doesn't that question usually go both ways? ;)

16 To Stanley*

He's very physical, people just seem to think that just because he's big it means he should level everyone every shift like you're playing a video game.

People don't seem to understand that a guy as big as Boyle hitting them at ANY speed hurts.

Boyle is a very physical player. Anyone who thinks this team is better without him is clueless. Especially in the playoffs where he matters most.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
People don't seem to understand that a guy as big as Boyle hitting them at ANY speed hurts.

Boyle is a very physical player. Anyone who thinks this team is better without him is clueless. Especially in the playoffs where he matters most.

This is what I'm saying. He's a valuable big body and defensive. He's better than most of us make him out to be...

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
Provided he's playing 4th line center and PK. Anywhere else and we're wasting our offense, but in the proper role Brian Boyle is a big time player that we could really use in the playoffs.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I don't know.. I hated the idea of it before but after tonight I think I put him on the PP just so he can win faceoffs. How many faceoffs did we lose in the offensive zone on the PP tonight? Too many! I hope that is something Stepan focuses on and improves upon next season, he's got all of the other tools to be a great two way 1C except he is meh on faceoffs.

Our defense has pretty much been a hot mess without Staal, though it was still a hot mess with him but I'm certain McD and G are both still nursing injuries since that Montreal game.

Staal and Boyle (despite what most of you think) are musts if we're going to go far.

Seriously what the **** is up with this site? Every time after I post or edit I get a 503 error page or a blank page. It's really annoying, is anyone else experiencing this consistently?

BarbaraAlphanse

Boyle, Dorsett, Staal, and Clowe need to come back ASAP. We were BULLIED tonight. Need some grit inserted into this lineup.

I think Kreider will be a great player for us at some point, but he's just not given the correct opportunity right now. Brassard, Clowe, Dorsett would be an amazing 3rd line. Boyle, Asham, Powe an amazing 4th line.

These guys need to come back, change the ball game a little bit. Washington won't know what to do with themselves.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Boyle, Dorsett, Staal, and Clowe need to come back ASAP. We were BULLIED tonight. Need some grit inserted into this lineup.

I think Kreider will be a great player for us at some point, but he's just not given the correct opportunity right now. Brassard, Clowe, Dorsett would be an amazing 3rd line. Boyle, Asham, Powe an amazing 4th line.

These guys need to come back, change the ball game a little bit. Washington won't know what to do with themselves.

We're really lacking big bodies against the boards on the forecheck. Washington is a bigger team than the Rangers.

BarbaraAlphanse

We're really lacking big bodies against the boards on the forecheck. Washington is a bigger team than the Rangers.

Yup. Unfortunately, earliest I see anyone other than Boyle coming back is game 3, and that's Dorsett. Earliest I see anyone other than Boyle or Dorsett coming back is a hypothetical game 6.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007

And at trade deadline the same people wanna trade him for a 2nd...#fail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad