Injury Report: Injury Thread II (Pulock to IR; Wright Recalled)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yes it does. It goes into an algorithm to determine how much relief we get.

It depends, Grabovski being injured this season makes 0 difference now, but if he is injured for the entire season next year we could get somebody to cover his caphit(ie we can basically say 5M of Tavares or Boychuk's salary covers his loss). Now if Grabovski misses 41 games we could only claim 50% of his salary(2.5M)

I don't want to be a butthole but if Grabovski got another concussion he should seriously think about retiring(or he could make a backdoor agreement to basically not play the next 2 years)

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
If none of the injured players are ready to play and Bridgeport lose out fast, bring up MDC to sit and watch will benefit him (as long as his expansion protection status does not change). He can learn from watching two good teams play and learn something from it. likely will not get in unless more plays go down. Also it will be good for him to get some practice time with the team as well. Both Seattle and Niagara are doing extremely well in the playoff so likely neither Barzal nor JHS will be available soon. I kind of think MDC can surprise even without being a great skater. His puck skills/vision will help but I definitely will not play him until he gets some practice time in with the team and learn the team system from watching.

I do not see other current forward at Bridgeport that may be higher in the depth chart but if the team prefers to carry an extra D with the team, then they should bring up Mayfield.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think he's been healthy. The coaching staff knows he's not good, and I doubt we'll see him play before Pelech/Pulock/Zid.

Agreed. Capuano could get away with it during the regular season and all, the playoffs is a different animal. He's not good enough or have a needed skill set (besides suckage) to warrant being in the lineup.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just throwing this out there:

If Lee hadn't been injured, Quine very possibly would not have been in the lineup. And of the 4 game-winning goals versus FLA, Quine scored one and assisted on 2 others.

Obviously we'd rather have both now, and perhaps Quine would've been in for Bailey or Strome at some point anyway, but maybe there was a silver lining to Lee's injury.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
What was the report on what happened to Bailey?

No official report; his last shift was on PP, it ended when he fell down at the near boards so the camera couldn't pick up what exactly he fell on. My guess is he just pulled something. Earlier Staple made it sound like he'd be back for this round.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
No official report; his last shift was on PP, it ended when he fell down at the near boards so the camera couldn't pick up what exactly he fell on. My guess is he just pulled something. Earlier Staple made it sound like he'd be back for this round.

For a guy who craps on Bailey incessantly, you sure are concerned about him. Withdrawal from not having your whipping boy available to spew all your venom at? Take a hit from your Pax thing, it'll calm you down. :)

Just don't remember seeing anything nor recall hearing what exactly happened.

Believe me, I'm not going to miss him on the ice, just thought it bizarre that nothing was obvious or reported. I'm quite ok with not having a whipping boy anymore..

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
I thought Pulock would be back by now. I know they put him on IR but is he not expected back now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad