Injury Report: Injury Thread '22-‘23 (Post 1 has current injury status)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Rishaug speculates McDavid is hurt from that check a couple games ago where he was in obvious discomfort and went to the bench. Didn’t seem to have that extra turbo boost mode he said. Have to agree.

Also figured Ceci playing hurt.

This rest will do us some good.

While I agree that rest will help, 2 days of rest, or maybe 3 for those who are really hurt, and won't do practices (like Kane I would think), isn't going to make them all better. These are very likely things they will have to play through for however long we are in the playoffs. There isn't a 10 day long break anywhere in the playoffs, so these injuries aren't going away one would assume. Sucks, but its the reality.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
While I agree that rest will help, 2 days of rest, or maybe 3 for those who are really hurt, and won't do practices (like Kane I would think), isn't going to make them all better. These are very likely things they will have to play through for however long we are in the playoffs. There isn't a 10 day long break anywhere in the playoffs, so these injuries aren't going away one would assume. Sucks, but its the reality.
If we sweep someone there could be a 10 day break ;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From Kurt Leavins today; “Mattias Janmark is ready to jump back into the lineup. And he is a valuable enough cog in this club that they will find a spot for him. But it will not be easy. If the Oilers continue to go 11 & 7, then which forward from the Game 6 win over L.A. comes out? Suddenly it is not so easy to find a candidate. Nice problem to have.”

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Brogerg should come out for Janmark. Or VD, but I think they need VD more. Go back to 12-6 for at least the first 2 games and see how that goes. Gotta cut McDrai's minutes down from ~27/game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Brogerg should come out for Janmark. Or VD, but I think they need VD more. Go back to 12-6 for at least the first 2 games and see how that goes. Gotta cut McDrai's minutes down from ~27/game.
Agreed, need to run 12 and 6 to keep from the top 6 getting burned out especially since out of the group only Drai seems to be at or close to 100%.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He's only let in 2 goals since April 1st lol.

Granted only played just under three games :laugh:
And 2 of those games were against junk competition and the other was only a portion of a game. We really need a much larger sample size before declaring another equipment malfunction.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad