Injury Report: Injury Thread '22-‘23 (Post 1 has current injury status)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Still remember Bryan Burke saying at the time of the draft that Morgan Reilly (wound up being drafted #8) would turn out to be the best of the bunch.

That was the problem I had with the signing. Getting an aging guy with a bad history of injuries almost from the get go, and struggling with his back, These type of signings need to be for players that can stay healthy, because if they can't, they become useless if you can't even plug them in when injuries come up.
Morgan Reilly was drafted 5th.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I thought they said he hurt his hand on that play. He also finished the game after it, so hopefully he's fine and just resting.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought they said he hurt his hand on that play. He also finished the game after it, so hopefully he's fine and just resting.
Foot swelling takes time sometimes. Trust me, trust me, I know.. sigh

If I had to play soccer or something like that tonight I would die in pain. My foot hurts like a bugger and its everything I can do not to bang it against any object in sight. Which is of course what always happens when you hurt a foot, you bang it accidentally on anything. f*** me.

Foot? Hand? These playoff injury descriptions get vague on purpose. Never gonna say which foot or hand either. Its actually mine. I'll take the bullet, I'll take Janmarks pain, so that he can play...I may as well have two sore swollen feet..

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They were icing his hand on the bench and it was shaking. Not sure how much of that was the pain and how much of it was being pumped for the game?

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
What’s your opinion on Kane and Hyman. When I read some comments, people think they are badly banged up…

I know it‘s the playoffs and if you can, you play through it. Do you think they could miss time going forward? How impacted are they? I mean in some sequences they looked pretty good and also scoring on good wristers.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
What’s your opinion on Kane and Hyman. When I read some comments, people think they are badly banged up…

I know it‘s the playoffs and if you can, you play through it. Do you think they could miss time going forward? How impacted are they? I mean in some sequences they looked pretty good and also scoring on good wristers.

With the break after game 5, some of the players smaller injuries will be healed but anything larger will not go away.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Kane for sure is wrestling with what appears to be a leg or knee injury, not sure about Hyman who has been off. Doubt anyone misses time, Kane would have to have an amputation to miss a game. But injuries can flare up after a game so who knows the deal for Game 5. Thankfully there is some time off between games 5 and 6.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wonder if Nuge has a nagging injury. Because if he isn't, then very disappointed in his play so far.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
With the break after game 5, some of the players smaller injuries will be healed but anything larger will not go away.

I know this is exceptionally unlikely, but this is why winning the series in 6 would be wonderful. It would give the players another few days to heal (although as you say, it likely doesn't help for the bigger issues). I personally will be very surprised if the series doesn't go to 7, but I guess you never know.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Kane had a maintenance day and then a few times was in obvious pain last game, but he was able to fight through and get a goal.

Kane for sure is wrestling with what appears to be a leg or knee injury, not sure about Hyman who has been off. Doubt anyone misses time, Kane would have to have an amputation to miss a game. But injuries can flare up after a game so who knows the deal for Game 5. Thankfully there is some time off between games 5 and 6.
Always tough to tell as mentioned above Kane clearly hurt, but looks fine at times. But it seemed like Hyman was getting some chances yesterday and was engaged so not sure if hurt or what.

Maybe these guys are banged up as both Kane and Hyman have had times where they were off during the regular season like this too. With Kane, one has to wonder at times about his wrist still too.

Like Kane is a weird one and I often just wonder if the medication is running out on him at times, as he is out there hitting guys and being physical. Then he is also out there in pain trying to get off ice.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kane had a maintenance day and then a few times was in obvious pain last game, but he was able to fight through and get a goal.

Always tough to tell as mentioned above Kane clearly hurt, but looks fine at times. But it seemed like Hyman was getting some chances yesterday and was engaged so not sure if hurt or what.

Maybe these guys are banged up as both Kane and Hyman have had times where they were off during the regular season like this too. With Kane, one has to wonder at times about his wrist still too.

Like Kane is a weird one and I often just wonder if the medication is running out on him at times, as he is out there hitting guys and being physical. Then he is also out there in pain trying to get off ice.

yeah hard to tell with Kane as he is clearly in some pain at times and grabbing that leg yesterday certainly indicated something was up, but as you say who knows. Hyman is harder to tell, I think he has just been struggling along with RNH to break through.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
yeah hard to tell with Kane as he is clearly in some pain at times and grabbing that leg yesterday certainly indicated something was up, but as you say who knows. Hyman is harder to tell, I think he has just been struggling along with RNH to break through.
Him on the bench looking at the Ipad stretching his leg you could tell something was bothering him. Could be a charley horse or cramps, I don't know.

I was like Bieksa yesterday I thought Hyman was going to get one yesterday. He seemed to have some chances

But it's playoffs and like every other year us as fans really don't know which guys might be banged up and which guys are just playing at a lower level than they should be.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

From the looks of the 2 snipes Kane has had in the last couple games, I'd wager there is very little wrong with his wrist.

Nuge is now the one I'm most concerned about. If he isn't playing hurt, then count me as disappointed with his weak play so far,

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Rishaug speculates McDavid is hurt from that check a couple games ago where he was in obvious discomfort and went to the bench. Didn’t seem to have that extra turbo boost mode he said. Have to agree.

Also figured Ceci playing hurt.

This rest will do us some good.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rishaug speculates McDavid is hurt from that check a couple games ago where he was in obvious discomfort and went to the bench. Didn’t seem to have that extra turbo boost mode he said. Have to agree.

Also figured Ceci playing hurt.

This rest will do us some good.
That was a crosscheck and he was also hurt from McNabb from a crosscheck in the regular season. Could be ribs or back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad