Injury Report: Injury Thread '22-‘23 (Post 1 has current injury status)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If it's concussion related, I hope that they give him time to heal up and not rush him back. Someone should've crushed one of Buffalo's stars or fed Lybushkin after those hard hits against Drai and Holloway.
Why is it, that in todays game, every time you hit someone legally, there has to be a fight because of it?

Keep that package of band-aids ready and available for Broberg this season, again.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why is it, that in todays game, every time you hit someone legally, there has to be a fight because of it?

Don’t need to fight, just smoke Dahlen a few times with equally clean but devastating hits. Lubyushkin ran Drai and took advantage of a raw rookie who granted had his head turned. But I don’t like how Lubyshkin plays the game. Last year he drove McDavid into the post and ran I think it was RNH. He’s a cheap shot artist who is barely an NHL player.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Don’t need to fight, just smoke Dahlen a few times with equally clean but devastating hits. Lubyushkin ran Drai and took advantage of a raw rookie who granted had his head turned. But I don’t like how Lubyshkin plays the game. Last year he drove McDavid into the post and ran I think it was RNH. He’s a cheap shot artist who is barely an NHL player.
I bet if he was on our team, people would be loving him for doing that stuff. I agree with returning fire with same means. My post though, was about always having to fight whenever a clean hit is made.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I bet if he was on our team, people would be loving him for doing that stuff. I agree with returning fire with same means. My post though, was about always having to fight whenever a clean hit is made.

For sure, the home team always loves their own goons. If Ratboy played for the Oilers we’d all love him to death lol. (Dear lord I need to wash my mouth out with soap now).

I am advocating for a firm but legal response to his play. And in fact IMO we should have a much harder forecheck in regular season just as we did in the playoffs.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Keep that package of band-aids ready and available for Broberg this season, again.
Because if you are trying to take the head off of the 2nd or 3rd best player in the game then you should be ready to have a response. How often do you see defenders trying to smoke guys on the PK? Meanwhile Niemelainen barely played and we had no response. As 5 said, they should've taken healthy runs at Dahlin or Power in retaliation if they'd rather not drop the mitts. Lybushkin knows that we will only play them 1 more game this season so it's not the same as having 4 or 5 meetings when someone likely returns the favor when you've forgotten what has happened or think that "it's over". Having no response basically shows that it's open season on our stars game in and out.

Reactions: LaGu and oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For sure, the home team always loves their own goons. If Ratboy played for the Oilers we’d all love him to death lol. (Dear lord I need to wash my mouth out with soap now).

I am advocating for a firm but legal response to his play. And in fact IMO we should have a much harder forecheck in regular season just as we did in the playoffs.
f*** that, cheap pieces of crap need not apply.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Because if you are trying to take the head off of the 2nd or 3rd best player in the game then you should be ready to have a response. How often do you see defenders trying to smoke guys on the PK? Meanwhile Niemelainen barely played and we had no response. As 5 said, they should've taken healthy runs at Dahlin or Power in retaliation if they'd rather not drop the mitts. Lybushkin knows that we will only play them 1 more game this season so it's not the same as having 4 or 5 meetings when someone likely returns the favor when you've forgotten what has happened or think that "it's over". Having no response basically shows that it's open season on our stars game in and out.
I agree with the taking runs at their guys. That's been my point, as with others. Again, it's the fighting to solve the issue, that I'm questioning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad