Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If he's out 3 weeks, he's missing 9-10 games. Our bad luck for him to go down when we have such a condensed schedule. The first part of the season, he could have missed 4 weeks and only be out 4-5 games. If he's out 4 weeks or so, he could miss 15 games.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If he's out 3 weeks, he's missing 9-10 games. Our bad luck for him to go down when we have such a condensed schedule. The first part of the season, he could have missed 4 weeks and only be out 4-5 games. If he's out 4 weeks or so, he could miss 15 games.

I think the Isles just need to go .500 and they’ll make it in. Nobody is easy in the East this year so I could care less what seed that get. Anyone could beat any team in the first round this year. I wouldn’t be shocked if Boston Tampa and Washington all are gone come April 22nd. If we can get Columbus to just get out of the way too it helps because I don’t see 4 teams in the Atlantic having more points than the top 5 here.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Could be worse, but highlights the void at C. Now Brassard is going to be overused, that’s not a good thing.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Had to check his stats after this....yeesh
We're not bringing him up to be in a top 6 role. If Nelson got hurt, I'm guessing we'd see Koivula promoted. He's going to be a #4C. In what little we saw of him in the Fall, he seems suited for that role. At least for the short term.

Its slim pickings down there, unfortunately.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
We're not bringing him up to be in a top 6 role. If Nelson got hurt, I'm guessing we'd see Koivula promoted. He's going to be a #4C. In what little we saw of him in the Fall, he seems suited for that role. At least for the short term.

One of the difference between Bardeau and Cizikas is that Bardeau will really be used as a 4C! It's Brassard who has just climbed a step!

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
A lot going on in this one, I did my best with the title.

Bellows returned to BST. Clutterbuck on a conditioning stint with BST. Koivula and Ladd recalled to the Isles.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Bellows returned to BST. Clutterbuck on a conditioning stint with BST. Koivula and Ladd recalled to the Isles.

I really like Koivula. He’s the most physically developed of Bellows, Wahlstrom and Dobson. He skates very well, better than Bellows. Decent faceoff man too. But man, did he have a brutal game in Bridgeport on Wednesday, in spite of his 1G, 1A. I guess we’re running out of internal moves.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Glad to see Cal going on a conditioning stint. Maybe we'll have him back for StL or Boston games? While I'd really like Casey back, losing Cal was a big hit to our team. Getting both those guys back will likely be our big late season acquisition.

Reactions: Lek

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bellows gave is a boost but he needs more seasoning. Ladd may be able to give us a boost. He’s the equivalent to a TDL bottom 6 rental. Koivula lets hope he does what Bellows did when he first came up.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Best way to showcase Ladd would be to put him in a glass box and drive him around on the zamboni between periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad