Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Reality is that I doubt anyone is being called up. Talk this week was about who would get demoted when Caggs and Rieder are ready to return. With 7 remaining D and 13 remaining forwards it makes most sense to use Klefbom's spot to defer the decision on which forward(s) leave town when the roster is healthy until a little later.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
If they don't call up Ethan Bear, you can pretty much forget about the Oilers scoring power play goals for the next 4-8 weeks. He looked pretty decent in his stint last year, and he has some offensive instincts, whereas the rest of the blueliners do not.
Didn't Nurse just score a pp goal last night from the point?

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Yes, he got a shot through.

Are you suggesting he looked 'good' last night? Compared to other NHL power play quarterbacks?
I thought Mcdavid and RNH are the quarter backs?

Nurse was there to hold the line and shoot and he fired a rocket and scored. Prior to that the team was 0-17 on the pp with Klefbom as the main dman.

He has pretty much had the first full minute of power play time all season to himself and has 3 goals and 3 assists on the powerplay in 31 games. I wouldnt exactly say he is a power play quarterback.

Dont think it is that outrageous for Nurse gets a shot in Klefbom's spot. Certainly not "If they don't call up Ethan Bear, you can pretty much forget about the Oilers scoring power play goals for the next 4-8 weeks."

Last edited:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Well to be fair he has the same amount of PP goals as klef.

I apologize if I left the impression that I thought Klefbom is a decent defenseman on the power play. Yes, he has more vision than Nurse, but that's a low bar.

One of these years, the Oilers are bound to get a D-man who can play that role. It may not be until Bouchard develops, but when that day comes, everyone here will finally understand what they've been missing, and McDavid's rather pedestrian performance with the extra man (relative to his ability) will suddenly make sense for all.

EDIT: If it's true that Wideman will be moved into that role, then that is good news. I'd still like to see Bear given another look, but Wideman should be a significant improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I expect Hitch to slide up Gravel onto the second pairing with Russel to start and see how it goes with Klef out. He plays a simplified and rather mistake free game which is what you need when giving somebody a bigger workload than they probably should have

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I wonder if Klef will get more respect once people see how the defence look s without him. Shitty news :/

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I don’t know how to post tweets but Gregor just updated on twitter . Same stuff he said last night .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad