Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Knew Klef should have just got robotic arms instead of wasting time with shoulder surgery. Missed opportunity.
Oscar Klefbom circa 2027

fired.jpg

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Even if Sekera become available, i wouldnt want him coming in and losing games for us, he was really bad when he came back from injury last season. Send him on a 6-8 game conditional stint to the minors!
We have a much better coach now though who’s getting the best out of his players.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
17 games till beginning of Feb. If we go 7-7-3, we are still in the hunt. Of the 17 games, 10 of them are vs teams who are not currently in a playoff position. This is pretty much the easiest part of our schedule this year.

The injury is bad news but the timing of it is as good as we could have hoped.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The 9 game barrier only exists for players with junior eligibility. Jones' magic number is 25 for the Calder.
That is only partially correct, euros can play in the AHL and have their ELC slide until they’re 20 I believe

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I don't understand. The Calder?
If he plays 25 games this is his rookie year. Not that it really matters but that's the only important number for Jones. His ELC already started and he won't earn UFA status before he turns 27.

That is only partially correct, euros can play in the AHL and have their ELC slide until they’re 20 I believe
Neither Capfriendly nor the part of the CBA that mentions ELC slides says anything about this as far as I can tell.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If he plays 25 games this is his rookie year. Not that it really matters but that's the only important number for Jones. His ELC already started and he won't earn UFA status before he turns 27.

Neither Capfriendly nor the part of the CBA that mentions ELC slides says anything about this as far as I can tell.
I’m on my phone so I can’t look right now, but I know players drafted out of Europe can play in the AHL and have contracts slide, just unsure of the cutoff

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why all the surprised reactions? We knew this would be roughly a 6 week injury. Just have to move forward now.

I'm a little more concerned about the Russell injury simply because of the unknown. If it's a 3-4 week type injury, Chia might need to make a trade. They can't go a month with Garrison or Wideman in the lineup full time and Gravel or Benning (as fine as they've been) playing top 4 minutes.

Reactions: LaGu and Mav3rick07

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............

That might be the season right there. 7 weeks from today (and right after the all-start break) would mean 17 more games missed. This team is NOT good enough to play without its best dman for 17 games and be able to tread water.

You’ll have to explain why a team that’s 9-7-2 the last two years without Klefbom is done.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You’ll have to explain why a team that’s 9-7-2 the last two years without Klefbom is done.

Look no further than his post history.
There are precious few reasons to be optimistic but plenty of reasons to be pessimistic for some posters.

I mean it is a blow BUT it is also an opportunity to see which players can step up. Sekera is scheduled to come back in January as well and if he is 80% of normal self then the team should be just fine until Klefbom returns.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I’m on my phone so I can’t look right now, but I know players drafted out of Europe can play in the AHL and have contracts slide, just unsure of the cutoff
There is no distinction between Euro or not. The slide rule is age dependant. That said Euros can play in the NHl at a younger age so they are more likely to be eligible.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Breaking any fingers sucks, tbh. Went through it a few years ago and took around 2 months to heal, even without surgery. Hand is still messed up.
Was it only one broken finger? Or was it just the surgery on the broken one? I had heard multiple broken fingers which makes sense for the timeline versus one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad