Prince-Zeeker-clutter
Martin-Strome-Bernier

Leddy-boy
Dehaan-pulock
Hickey-pelech

Greiss
Jf

Book it

There is no way they break up the 4th line for the playoffs.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
hammer rang the NYSE bell today.....if he was that hobbled, i dont think he would be in public like this

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Time for Martin to take up a bigger role. He got the size and as if he does well will raise up his value as an UFA so he may be quite keen for this. He also has been picking up his production lately.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
With Lee gone, I believe whoever the first one of Dal Colle, Ho Sang or Barzal is eliminated, they will probably jump into lineup.

Bernier is honestly thrash. Haven't been a fan of his game at all. He plays hard and goes to net buy beyond that, nothing.

I can't see this team going deep with Bernier getting 10+ min a night.

And I don't want to break up the 4th line. They have produced such clutch goals this season and can really create momentum change. I'd rather see the Caps switch Nielsen for Nelson to balance out 2/3 than switch lines

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Bernier is honestly thrash.

Totally disagree. His tempo is more reflective of post-hardcore, and his early work is closer to speed than thrash.

I'm glad we're finally slotting players into metal genres, but you're way off IMO.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I'm ok with giving martin a shot on the PP. Sometimes playoff runs are made of surprising performances like that.

Bernier isn't the worst emergency forward... He's been the cup, he's a capable double digit goal scorer, and he can play with grit. We could be in a lot worse shape than Bernier.

Wasn't grabo hurt during the first round last year too? Or am I losing my mind? How many concussions has he had as an Islander?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
what is the task inside joke?

"Taek", a deliberate misspelling of "take". Think of it as a ESPN personality who says outlandish things that they know will stir up controversy. "Peyton Manning shouldn't enter the Hall of Fame", "Steph Curry is already the best 3 point shooter to ever play basketball", etc.

It's primarily used to mock the non-Isles fans on this site who talk about how much we suck. "Travis Hamonic is a #3 no more" - hot taek. "Tavares will be in Toronto because that's where winners play" - hot taek. You're so anxious to type and get them out that you can't even spell "take" properly.

If you really want them to sizzle, throw them in bold red Comic Sans. Don't want to overuse that though, several posters have already lost their phones from the heat of the taeks.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
"Taek", a deliberate misspelling of "take". Think of it as a ESPN personality who says outlandish things that they know will stir up controversy. "Peyton Manning shouldn't enter the Hall of Fame", "Steph Curry is already the best 3 point shooter to ever play basketball", etc.

It's primarily used to mock the non-Isles fans on this site who talk about how much we suck. "Travis Hamonic is a #3 no more" - hot taek. "Tavares will be in Toronto because that's where winners play" - hot taek. You're so anxious to type and get them out that you can't even spell "take" properly.

If you really want them to sizzle, throw them in bold red Comic Sans. Don't want to overuse that though, several posters have already lost their phones from the heat of the taeks.

hahaha! thank you and love the explanation.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
what is the task inside joke?

Here you go

It's a purposeful misspelling of the word "take" that implies the crappy writer pumping out controversial nonsense is typing so fast he can't even spell simple words correctly.

"Hot take" is a term denoting controversial (and usually silly) opinions. Think Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, etc. They are "hot taek" artists. Our board specializes in hot Josh Bailey taeks.

A take: Josh Bailey is an effective 3rd line player who can slide up when necessary."

Hot take: Josh Bailey is an ineffective floater who scores slightly under a PPG but is a liability in other ways.

HOT TAEK: JOSH BARELY SHOULD BE TRADED TOMORROW; HE SUCKS AND THERE'S NOTHING THAT WILL EVER CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE. THIS GUY IS THE WORST PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

SECOND EDIT: My take is that we're going to lose to the Rangers on Sunday. My hot taek is that the loss will impact our playoff positioning and maybe even the rest of the season significantly.

BroadwayJay*

what the **** man

now I have this taek burned into the pixels on my screen also

cool it down you jerk

BroadwayJay*

im typing with oven mitts on going forward

not worth it to take the risk with the heat coming off of these taeks

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

I feel like you found my hot taek explanation on Wikipedia and paraphrased it just enough to turn it in as your term paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad