Injury Report: Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Plekanec is one of the most, if not the most under-appreciated player on our team. We works his ass off every single game and is constantly tasked with shutting the opponent's best line/players. People don't realize how important he is to our team.

With Galchenyuk and Eller maturing, Plekanec will be the main piece of a contender team. People don't understand how he's one of the most versatile player in the NHL. We'll have a great 1 - 2 - 3 punch at center. Future looks bright.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The only problem I had with Plekanec is his overuse of his slap shot. Other than I totally agree with the people defending plek.

Its always interesting to see who was injured. I'm getting the feeling gio is going to retire. A recurring Injury like that at his age is hard to overcome.

Also I'm so happy Markov was healthy all year. I think he'll be better next year after adjusting to his slower speed this year.

I also agree that pacioretty should have sat. I'm glad that he wanted to show his toughness, but he couldn't be effective in his role.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The only problem I had with Plekanec is his overuse of his slap shot. Other than I totally agree with the people defending plek.

Its always interesting to see who was injured. I'm getting the feeling gio is going to retire. A recurring Injury like that at his age is hard to overcome.

Also I'm so happy Markov was healthy all year. I think he'll be better next year after adjusting to his slower speed this year.

I also agree that pacioretty should have sat. I'm glad that he wanted to show his toughness, but he couldn't be effective in his role.

It wasn't a reoccurring injury though. He tore both his bicep tendons once I believe

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Pleks had two typical moves: his one handed move around the D and his slapshot move that he used to beat Theo in '10.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He has a number of good tools, including a good Wrister. I just wish he would use it more

Agreed. I wish he would cut a bit in the middle at the circles and use that wrister more, especially since he often enters the zone with a lot of speed.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Plekanec is one of the most, if not the most under-appreciated player on our team. We works his ass off every single game and is constantly tasked with shutting the opponent's best line/players. People don't realize how important he is to our team.

That can't be ever more true. Some people complain that he doesn't score a lot but he puts up some pretty good numbers and he plays really well defensively

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 2m

#Habs Brandon Prust had a rib separate from its cartilage during Game 4. Left OT in extreme pain, pushed rib back in himself. Story coming

Ouch..

void

Jan 5, 2006

#Habs Brandon Prust had a rib separate from its cartilage during Game 4. Left OT in extreme pain, pushed rib back in himself. Story coming

Ouch..

What a warrior. Wow.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Ouch..

I knew it was his ribs. Didn't look like he went down favoring his shoulder. Looked awful, though. Love this guy.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Seeing what Prust, Pacioretty and Gionta went through makes Desharnais' and Ryder's efforts in the playoffs look even more pathetic.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I can't even believe this.

@RenLavoieRDS:
Ryan White suffered a punctured lung in game #3. Problem was resolved and it was possible for him to return in the playoffs. #RDS

HabsUK

Jun 19, 2012

@RenLavoieRDS:
Ryan White suffered a punctured lung in game #3. Problem was resolved and it was possible for him to return in the playoffs. #RDS

Tough SOB, hope he gets another shot next season.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

@RenLavoieRDS:

Yikes. This team really was falling apart. Hopefully these injuries don't affect their long-term performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad