Murray (LB) and Alexander Wennberg
(infected hand) will not play vs #Ducks ,
coach Todd Richards said.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Murray

Xbh_PNhe_jpg_4.jpg

projected franchise D why his health makes me crazy:help:?

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Portzline tw. Told #CBJ D Ryan Murray's current injury is NOT the knee that has been scoped twice in last year.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure I've decided but he does appear to suffer a lot of injuries. It is worrisome.

It's not really "a lot" of injuries, rather a few significant ones. Shoulder in junior, knee, ankle. that's really it. As far as I know, he had no significant injury history in the WHL until the shoulder.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
He has now a significant injury history in the NHL. I'm not terribly worried about it but I'm definitely concerned, and I won't not call it what it is.

Regardless of what I "already decided", I didn't realize he's had the same knee scoped twice.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
About Murray.
Good-if he's healthy, he's a good def. He's RFA after next season, not UFA. He has not four years for arbitration rights. We still have both buyout.
Bad-megainjured player.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) Told #CBJ D Ryan Murray has an ankle injury. Not sure if it's related to previous high-ankle sprain. But not a knee injury. :shakehead knee- knee- knee- ankle - ankle -...?

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) Told #CBJ D Ryan Murray has an ankle injury. Not sure if it's related to previous high-ankle sprain. But not a knee injury. :shakehead knee- knee- knee- ankle - ankle -...?

"ankle bone connected to the foot bone, foot bone connected to the toe bone..."

Edit: Sorry, that was just lame - still punchy from NCAA weekend.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Ryan Murray has been very injury prone over the past 4 years. Why is that so hard for some to admit? It's not your fault:laugh:

He's missed over 50% of his games over the past 4 years. Should he miss the remainder of CBJ games this season, he'll have dressed for 76 out of a possible 212 NHL regular season games (35.8%). Nathan Horton has dressed for 78 regular season games in 2012-15, 2 more than Murray.

Ouch.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Ryan Murray has been very injury prone over the past 4 years. Why is that so hard for some to admit? It's not your fault:laugh:

Four years?

It's difficult for me to "admit" because I think you're oversimplifying. He's had three injuries. The unfortunate part has been the relative severity of each causing him to miss large chunks of games. Between the shoulder injury in junior and the knee injury last season, he played 66 games of 82. Unfortunately the knee injury and recovery took longer than it should have for some reason. We have no idea why. An ankle sprain is a fairly common injury. When you consider the freak, non-hockey play that caused it, it's hard to blame it on the kid (for some of us anyway). High ankle sprains are tough to return from. He tried and tweaked it again. We know from past experience that this injury can bother players for months. For all we know if the team were in contention, he could play through it.

Three injuries in three seasons doesn't really freak me out like it seems to most others, I guess. The severity is more bad luck than anything. It sucks, and it can't help his development, but I don't see any particular trend here when you really look at what has happened.

It's surprising to me how many make cracks about Murray, but no one mentions that Jenner's missed a lot of games for various injuries as well. No one seems to be lining up to call him 'injury prone' or 'made of glass' like some in these threads.

It's difficult for me to explain this in a way that I think you'll follow far enough to read this far, but this is the gist of it.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Four years?

It's difficult for me to "admit" because I think you're oversimplifying. He's had three injuries. The unfortunate part has been the relative severity of each causing him to miss large chunks of games. Between the shoulder injury in junior and the knee injury last season, he played 66 games of 82. Unfortunately the knee injury and recovery took longer than it should have for some reason. We have no idea why. An ankle sprain is a fairly common injury. When you consider the freak, non-hockey play that caused it, it's hard to blame it on the kid (for some of us anyway). High ankle sprains are tough to return from. He tried and tweaked it again. We know from past experience that this injury can bother players for months. For all we know if the team were in contention, he could play through it.

Three injuries in three seasons doesn't really freak me out like it seems to most others, I guess. The severity is more bad luck than anything. It sucks, and it can't help his development, but I don't see any particular trend here when you really look at what has happened.

It's surprising to me how many make cracks about Murray, but no one mentions that Jenner's missed a lot of games for various injuries as well. No one seems to be lining up to call him 'injury prone' or 'made of glass' like some in these threads.

It's difficult for me to explain this in a way that I think you'll follow far enough to read this far, but this is the gist of it.

For one thing, you're vastly overstating the takes of people who've stated that Murray is injury prone. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed any pitchforks.

For another thing, you're just really glossing over the recent history. He's missed a helluva lot of games, that we're paying him to play.

I don't hold this against him, I don't blame him, whatever. I want him to be healthy and in the lineup because he appears to be very good and will help this team out in a big way.

But he is hurt at this point all. The. Time. It's not mean or vindictive to notice that, it's just observant.

Spin it however you want, it's just spin. He's not yet a reliable member of this roster. All of us hope that changes

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Saying Murray is injury prone, which he seems to be, is not "blaming" him. It is just recognizing the factual reality of his career since we drafted him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad