Injury List

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I don't know about you guys, but any injuries involving any "CL" are serious. I'm not feeling good about this.

No way he could be out there with a fully torn ligament so my guess is a partial tear. He can rest and it will heal on it's own. Then after about a month, he will probably start a rehab program to strengthen and stabilize it. There shouldn't be any issues as long as he goes about it the right way, which I'm sure he will. It's not a common injury and even more uncommon to get surgery for it.

KingKopitar11*

And what was Kopitar's problem?

If I was kopi and I was injured, I'd release that info so people didn't think you sucked ass for no reason. I think he will release it soon.

I hope a full recovery for the kings. Just like the Sharks, we will get you back Hawks.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
From a nice piece LeBrun wrote about the Kings going down swinging

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/25082/defending-champs-went-down-swinging

He listed some of the injuries
Talk about a warrior, not only did Stoll have a concussion but a separated shoulder as well.
This team rocks...what guts

Brown was one of several Kings who labored through pain, revealing when asked afterward that he tore the posterior cruciate ligament in the back of his left knee on his first shift of Game 6 against San Jose. Justin Williams said he played with a slightly separated shoulder after Sharks blueliner Brad Stuart rocked him with a big hit in Game 3 last round. Drew Dougthy (ankle) was also a little hobbled, Mike Richards, of course, recovered from a concussion in time to play Saturday night while Stoll told ESPN.com not only was he concussed last round after the hit from Raffi Torres but he also separated his shoulder on the play. And we’re missing a few guys.

and this should make every Kings fan's chest swell with pride:

All the Kings felt Saturday night was heartbreak, but in time they will realize that they defended their Cup championship with honor, a conference finals berth nothing to sneeze at when you consider the struggles of past defending Cup champions in the salary-cap era. No team has won back-to-back titles since the 1997 and 1998 Red Wings, and there’s a reason for that. It’s mighty difficult, both from a physical and mental point of view.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
From a nice piece LeBrun wrote about the Kings going down swinging

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/25082/defending-champs-went-down-swinging

He listed some of the injuries
Talk about a warrior, not only did Stoll have a concussion but a separated shoulder as well.
This team rocks...what guts

Brown was one of several Kings who labored through pain, revealing when asked afterward that he tore the posterior cruciate ligament in the back of his left knee on his first shift of Game 6 against San Jose. Justin Williams said he played with a slightly separated shoulder after Sharks blueliner Brad Stuart rocked him with a big hit in Game 3 last round. Drew Dougthy (ankle) was also a little hobbled, Mike Richards, of course, recovered from a concussion in time to play Saturday night while Stoll told ESPN.com not only was he concussed last round after the hit from Raffi Torres but he also separated his shoulder on the play. And we’re missing a few guys.

and this should make every Kings fan's chest swell with pride:

All the Kings felt Saturday night was heartbreak, but in time they will realize that they defended their Cup championship with honor, a conference finals berth nothing to sneeze at when you consider the struggles of past defending Cup champions in the salary-cap era. No team has won back-to-back titles since the 1997 and 1998 Red Wings, and there’s a reason for that. It’s mighty difficult, both from a physical and mental point of view.

Wow:amazed:

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I don't think I saw this posted anywhere.

@theroyalhalf Amazing reactions from various LA Kings players as Mike Richards heading the ball pre-game.

BMRm4rmCUAAWvO9.jpg

Everyone else looks scared except Doughty, who is laughing. Lol Doughty. Love this team.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think I saw this posted anywhere.

@theroyalhalf Amazing reactions from various LA Kings players as Mike Richards heading the ball pre-game.

BMRm4rmCUAAWvO9.jpg

Everyone else looks scared except Doughty, who is laughing. Lol Doughty. Love this team.

:laugh:

That's a great picture.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
All these injuries and we had to start the series with back to back games, so stupid

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
LOL at Kopi!

Carter is like, "Bro... bro... BROOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Doughty with his troll smirk as usual :laugh:

Quick looks like he just saw a ghost.

Scuds is all casual.

And is that Toffoli in the far back by the door?

kingscups

Jun 5, 2008
California
LOL at Kopi!

Carter is like, "Bro... bro... BROOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Doughty with his troll smirk as usual :laugh:

Quick looks like he just saw a ghost.

Scuds is all casual.

And is that Toffoli in the far back by the door?

Haha! Ya Toffoli is ready to bounce once Richards hits the deck, dosen't want to have to explain it to Sutter. :laugh:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If I was kopi and I was injured, I'd release that info so people didn't think you sucked ass for no reason. I think he will release it soon.

I hope a full recovery for the kings. Just like the Sharks, we will get you back Hawks.

This. I highly doubt this is the case, but if he isn't hurt then its really alarming how bad he has become. Given how slow he was though I have to think its his knee and probably a groin injury.

Anyways very proud of this team given how banged up they are. Maybe now they will do better during the regular season so they don't get stuck playing a team like St Louis in the first round.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let's just hope Kopitar's loss in speed isn't permanent.

He got slower as time went on, though there were shifts last night where he showed flashes of his old self...hope it's something fixable in the offseason. Would be nice to keep him around town for rehab and conditioning.

KingKopitar11*

Oh my god. Please tell me Kopitar was injured badly...

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Oh my god. Please tell me Kopitar was injured badly...

LoL, this statement is pretty ridiculous outside of context, though I am not sure the context helps that much... :laugh:

I personally would rather he not be injured and allowed to rest and train for next season versus having to recover or possibly be forever hindered by some random injury.

No matter what happened to Kopitar, all players battle with consistency throughout their careers, and he is a proven commodity, who recently brought us the Stanley Cup, I think some understanding is in order. I am sure Lombardi and Sutter will keep him on track to succeeding.

KingKopitar11*

LoL, this statement is pretty ridiculous outside of context, though I am not sure the context helps that much... :laugh:

I personally would rather he not be injured and allowed to rest and train for next season versus having to recover or possibly be forever hindered by some random injury.

No matter what happened to Kopitar, all players battle with consistency throughout their careers, and he is a proven commodity, who recently brought us the Stanley Cup, I think some understanding is in order. I am sure Lombardi and Sutter will keep him on track to succeeding.

He had a pretty mediocre season. I rather know that he was injured instead of him playing like crap because he wanted too. He wasn't good at all, he wasn't playing close to how he used to this season, points regardless. He was crap mostly in the season and the playoffs. That's no excuse, Williams worked his ass off and Kopitar was on the third line. I rather know Kopitar was injured instead of playing like a princess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad