WC: Injuries and suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Anything on Ondrej Nemec and Jiri Novotny (CZE) or Goran Bezina (SUI)? Are they injured? Thanks.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
Ondrej Nemec - flu or something similar, he's going to be ready against Germany
Jiri Novotny - I don't know, but I think there's no problem

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
No suspension for Nedved? How surprising, I guess he should've ruptured Tereschenko's testicles to even get a game.
Also, great job at protecting your players from cheapshots Tretyak :shakehead

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
No suspension for Nedved? How surprising, I guess he should've ruptured Tereschenko's testicles to even get a game.
Also, great job at protecting your players from cheapshots Tretyak :shakehead

Even Nikulin said (Czech press) that it was unintentional and Nedvěd came to Russian bench to apologize right after.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Even Nikulin said (Czech press) that it was unintentional and Nedvěd came to Russian bench to apologize right after.

As if Kalinin's 3 game crosscheck was intentionally targeted into the face.
Intentional or not, it's as much a missed major as Yemelin's and equally deserved a suspension.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
It seems that he doesn't.

OK smartass enlighten me.
What I know is that any spearing is a major penalty or match penalty (the latter gaining an automatic suspension) no matter intentional or not. Even a spearing movement with no contact is at least 2+2+10.

What I know as well is that Yemelin was suspended for a game for a soft spearing and Franzen dive after Franzen himself provoked Yemelin.

What I know as well is that Kalinin got 3 games for an unintentional and unfortunate crosscheck to the face (which everyone was considering a mistake), this shutting up all the talk about (un)tentional.

Then again, what's the reasoning for not suspending Nedved?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
OK smartass enlighten me.
What I know is that any spearing is a major penalty or match penalty (the latter gaining an automatic suspension) no matter intentional or not. Even a spearing movement with no contact is at least 2+2+10.

What I know as well is that Yemelin was suspended for a game for a soft spearing and Franzen dive after Franzen himself provoked Yemelin.

What I know as well is that Kalinin got 3 games for an unintentional and unfortunate crosscheck to the face (which everyone was considering a mistake), this shutting up all the talk about (un)tentional.

Then again, what's the reasoning for not suspending Nedved?

Accidental<->intentional. They have common sense on that. Can't remember a single incident of a player getting suspended for an accidental spear, which is actually a wrong term for it.

Last edited:

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
The main difference is that crosscheck is not unintentional move. The result could be accidental though. The move by Nedvěd was. He just didn't hit the stick like he wanted to. Penalty? Yeah, may be. But not suspension at all. Even Russian players know that. Was there any protest from Russian side, players or something?

Davebo*

I expect a game for Andrei Kostitsyn's boarding today against Kane. No further suspensions warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad