WC: Injuries and suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
To acallabeth it`s not about russia it`s about how they take away our best d`s whenever some important game comming up,same with kulda few years ago.fu** iihf

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
IIHF will not suspend him. IIHF only suspends when it fits their agenda. Like suspending Bārtulis for something, that could have possibly turned into an injury to the opposing player, but was not noticed by the ref as a penalty.
According to some journalist on Swedish Aftonbladet, journalist Emil Karlsson, Yemelin will be suspended one game for the spearing against Franzén. Kalinin will be suspended three games for breaking Franzén's nose.

I think it should be the other way around. Kalinin's crosscheck was incidental, while Yemelin's spearing was just disgusting, not to mention all the dives.

Last edited:

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
According to some journalist on Swedish Aftonbladet, journalist Emil Karlsson, Yemelin will be suspended one game for the spearing against Franzén. Kalinin will be suspended three games for breaking Franzén's nose.

I think it should be the other way around. Kalinin's crosscheck was incidental, while Yemelin's spearing was just disgusting, not to mention all the dives.

Agree with you and it´s now official:

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/news/news-singleview-2012/recap/6929.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=6249&cHash=e79b1870e1

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I'm not even sure why Kalinin is suspended in the first place. In my eyes that crosscheck was basically on the same level as an unintentional high stick. Too bad Franzén broke his nose.

Emelin should probably have gotten 3 games though.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I don't think Kalinin deserved to be suspended, I'd rather put his suspended games on Yemelin's account.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Ha, a game for Yemelin is tolerable, but 3 games for Kalinin is a joke. He was looking at Varlamov and pushed Franzen without any intention. What next, a suspension for a deflected shot?
And to think that Treille got a game more for that elbow... :shakehead

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Three games for Kalinin? :laugh:

Whoever came to that decision are even worse than the refs the other night.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Well that's pretty pathetic. Emelin should've gotten the match and 1 game. Kalinin no further discipline, maybe a game tops for the injury outcome.

Outrun

Feb 20, 2012
Franzén is a bit messed up:
ImageHandler.axd

ImageHandler.axd

Won't play tonight, but will be back Tuesday.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
3 games ... fooo ... a crosscheck in the crease when the other guy had his head at the waist level. IIHF reads to much Aftonbladet.

Hockey has a history of punishing results, not intent.

Yemelin (sp?) should've gotten all the four games suspension. God I hope someone really lights him up soon so that he doesn't need to dive around making a mockery of the sport of hockey.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
What I get from Tretyak's interview is that he regards himself as a great hero because he didn't make an attempt to underline unintentional character of Kalinin's crosscheck.
Joke of a decision, joke of the FHR president. Way to support your team.

If Kalinin just elbowed Franzen as hard as he could... He'd get a game more for a premeditated cheapshot that can ruin someone's career.

NicolasH

Feb 9, 2008
Rouen (France)
Anthony Guttig from France is out for the rest of the tournament with a concussion.

Damien Fleury has a broken foot but it seems he will continue to play until the end of the world championship.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Possible suspension for Daugavins. Isn`t thats just great? :) Important game against norway? nope no Bartulis for you guys! Important game against Danes? Sorry Daugavins could actually win that game for you!
**** IIHF,**** THIS TOURNAMENT AND **** THE REFS!

Baba Booey

Apr 3, 2012
Ontario
Blindside headshot on eberle today, probably will be looked at

That was a good hit, he got him in the chest.

Also is there anywhere you can get highlights of some of the suspended incidents(Ive seen the RUS/SWE ones) I wanna see what Latvias complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad