• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
In>>>Thoughts on tonight’s game

Not sure what Joe and Sam were watching, they both seem really inspired beating one of the worst teams in the league. Them winning is the only redeemable quality about tonight’s game, most of which was played in our zone. They rave about our defense--you don’t give up short -handed goals and pretend you’re going to win the Stanley Cup a couple months. Good teams don’t string together ass performances to teams that are pretty bad… If you do that typically, that literally means you are worse pretty bad teams… This team does it typically… Or just eeking past those teams.

They're a bunch of unimpassioned bitches… And it really does seem like Kane is learning the way>…

Mika isn’t bad, he’s Zibanejanebad…

I loved when Vesey reacted to not scoring on a rush in the third… “I can’t believe that didn’t go in, I shot it like directly into his diaphragm, was the f***?

The little campaign promoting Michelle Gingras is weird probably the result of of one Cablevision’s higher-ups fulfilling a contractual agreement.

Cablevision determine when We Found a Way to Win.

Everyone loves Trouba now because it's his birthday.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The zone outs are the worst in the league. Half the time they don't work. 30% of the time they're actually hurting the team. How about that play in the 3rd by Goodrow? He had the clear out going upstream on the wall but elects to do the little lateral touch pass to someone on the other team. There was no teammate in sight. It looked like a muscle memory play and he couldn't help himself. That lateral touch pass is seared into their "system."

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Harpur doesn't even play big. At what point do we give Jones another look or even Robertson?

Let Lindgren rest.

It’s really small of you to say that just because he isn’t a typical, toxically violent male that he doesn’t “play big”. And even if his ability isn’t great, he still tries. Being less talented and also more sensitive, but still trying your best is “playing big” in my book.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The zone outs are the worst in the league. Half the time they don't work. 30% of the time they're actually hurting the team. Hope about that play in the 3rd by Goodrow? He had the clear out on the wall but elects to do the little lateral touch pass to someone on the other team. There was no teammate in sight. It looked like a muscle memory play and he couldn't help himself. That lateral touch pass is seared into their "system."
Turn it over
Bang it off the boards into the neutral zone for a 50/50
Flip it high in the air into the neutral zone for a 50/50
Skate it out - really only KAM
Stretch pass

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
How? We gave up 1 decent asset. Potentially 2 if we makes the semis.

I don't see us winning the Cup, but this is a giant overreaction.

The Rangers could have gotten some better, more useful, players with those assets, perhaps ones that don't kill the lines they're put on and can actually play 5on5

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
Habs trapped a bit which gave us trouble…we need to play more games to get our groove…Igor was good…we were the only NYR fans in section and a idiot said to me that I’m in trouble and I looked at him and said trouble is my middle name..after Igors stop he bolted so quick ..Kaako as shootout was bizzaro world

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The Rangers could have gotten some better, more useful, players with those assets, perhaps ones that don't kill the lines they're put on and can actually play 5on5
I actually agree that I would've preferred they went in a different direction with their deadline moves, but I like that they took a shot at it. I don't think it's a long term, franchise crippling decision like you seem to think, however.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What if he’s consuming his energy till play offs? He still wins most of his games with half the effort

What if he wasn't Russian?

I remember I went to see a game in Tampa in 2002 against NYR that had all star squad - Bure, Messier, Lindros, it was glorious, too bad they sucked come play off time

What are you talking about? That team didn't make the playoffs. Hence the dark ages.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Tbh Trouba and Laf were the only 2 players who i'd say were any better than "passable" tonight. A fair few guys were straight bad.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We can all have our opinions about Ryan Lindgren as a player and his future as a Ranger but it has been made abundantly clear that him being out of the lineup completely ruins this team defensively.

Every single time he’s out they look horrible defensively. Horrible. It’s night and day with him in vs him out.
This has to be fixed. The team needs to be able to do without him from time to time.

Reactions: zukeisgone and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad