3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is this the spamming we were talking about because I might change my vote :laugh:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Same team that just took Carolina to OT.
What does Carolina have to do with OUR 5v5 game? Please. Stay on topic. Don't just spam mass reply things that are irrelevant to the point.

This isn't a one off, we've struggled 5v5 since Gerard came here. We struggled again, against an AHL team. We have the most talented lineup in Rangers history. We need to be way better at producing offense.

We are bad 5v5, this is not debatable. Deflecting into different tangents to prove what exactly? We're not bad 5v5? You can't spin it. We need to be better 5v5.

You want to argue it's personnel? Great. I'd argue it's our coaching staff and our 'tactics' or the lack thereof. If we do not improve 5v5, guess what? Gallant's most likely gone.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Do you really think this team in front of a Shesty playing this way is the equivalent to the Colorado avalanche of last year? There’s a reason they won despite Darcy Kuemper. We’re closer to the local beer league than that team
Playing this way? No. But our team this year is as skilled as the avs last year. No doubt in my mind

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I think they have been better at generating offense at 5v5. The biggest issues I see are defenseman picking bad spots to pinch and/or not winning puck battles when they do jump into the play. Teams look for this against the Rangers and know it's an easy odd man rush. That is what got exposed by a veteran Pens line in the playoffs last year and it's been exploited all season. If the goaltending was S tier like last season it would mask that weakness but the goaltending has been B tier.

I think if they fix the odd man rushes and help out Igor, he can get back to where he was but it's not gonna happen if he keeps getting hung out to dry. D needs to keep it simple if they aren't named Adam Fox, let the stacked superstar forward roster do the offense. We should hardly ever see freaking Mikkola jumping into the play forcing one of those guys to cover for him at the blue line, yet he does it several times a game.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
We can all have our opinions about Ryan Lindgren as a player and his future as a Ranger but it has been made abundantly clear that him being out of the lineup completely ruins this team defensively.

Every single time he’s out they look horrible defensively. Horrible. It’s night and day with him in vs him out.
He is the heart and soul of this team.

I remember I went to see a game in Tampa in 2002 against NYR that had all star squad - Bure, Messier, Lindros, it was glorious, too bad they sucked come play off time
Jokes on you - they didn’t make the playoffs, fool

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
What does Carolina have to do with OUR 5v5 game? Please. Stay on topic. Don't just spam mass reply things that are irrelevant to the point.

This isn't a one off, we've struggled 5v5 since Gerard came here. We struggled again, against an AHL team. We have the most talented lineup in Rangers history. We need to be way better at producing offense.

We are bad 5v5, this is not debatable. Deflecting into different tangents to prove what exactly? We're not bad 5v5? You can't spin it. We need to be better 5v5.

You want to argue it's personnel? Great. I'd argue it's our coaching staff and our 'tactics' or the lack thereof. If we do not improve 5v5, guess what? Gallant's most likely gone.

If someone points out that it's an atrocity to go to OT, then it's an atrocity for a team that is better and hotter than the Rangers.

I don't remember arguing with you, or anyone else, about 5x5.

Looks like you're the one who went off point.

Yes, we disagree about coaching vs. personnel. I'll almost always take the position that personnel and luck makes a Cup. It's just the way sports work.

Coaching in all sports is vastly overrated and I find it funny when fans say teams don't practice or they can somehow judge from their couch a coach's worth.

I think some people will never understand that personnel crushes all other factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille