Post-Game Talk: Infuriating game

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Can anyone explain to me the double minor?
The rule is stated as a high stick causing injury can be given a double minor, major or game misconduct. There is nothing that says blood or cut in the actual rule, that’s just become the kind of slang for injury.

I absolutely HATE refs but I agree with that call. You hit a guy that hard right by the eye, to me, that’s an easy 4 minute call.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought the team played a pretty good game overall and did a good job matching Boston’s intensity and effort, but a couple little mistakes cost you at least a point.

The second goal in particular you’ve got the attackers outnumbered with 4 players tracking back into the zone, two of them your two best players. No communication and a guy that could have been covered by one of three players just waltzes to the net and scores. First goal more of the same, Kostin is right there with the goal scorer but peels off last second, he’s gotta recognize and have that man.

The Zacha goal maybe Ceci could of tied up a little stronger and Skinner could of been a little quicker but I mostly chalk that one up to a great effort by Zacha and a bit of luck
Completely agree with this.
Just to expand a little further on the 2nd goal...when the Bruins entered the zone there was no issue.
Kulak was playing the puck carrier (Foligno) and McDavid was reading the play to determine where to go. Then once the pass was made to the Bruins winger Kulak inexplicably let Foligno go which left him wide open to receive the return pass. McDavid made the right read...Kulak didnt.
I dont even think any verbal communication was needed because when McDavid went to mark the Bruins winger it was right in Kulaks line of sight. All he had to do was continue to stay with Foligno.

On the first goal that was all Klim Kostin. He floated back and let his man go...not at all sure what he was thinking there. He clearly wasnt thinking. Put in a decent effort for the remainder of the game until he took the penalty in the 3rd.

This loss IMO was representative of exactly what this team struggles with. Poor defensive reads.
As you correctly stated...mistakes.

All that being said there were far more positives than negatives.
In addition to matching the Bruins intensity level the team also did an excellent job at shutting down the Bruins top players....last change helped that a bit but more importantly many players had strong games not the least of which was Janmark. He was excellent.
I cant imagine any Oilers fan thinking that this team (prior to the game) was on par with the best team in the League.
They arent...but I do think this game suggests that they arent that far off.
The next time these teams play I expect that Oilers will have a different lineup.
That will be interesting.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The rule is stated as a high stick causing injury can be given a double minor, major or game misconduct. There is nothing that says blood or cut in the actual rule, that’s just become the kind of slang for injury.

I absolutely HATE refs but I agree with that call. You hit a guy that hard right by the eye, to me, that’s an easy 4 minute call.
Thanks man.

Reactions: TB12

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I mean, was it an injury?

He blinked for 30s then played on the PP.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
First Goal. Nurse almost bumbles this dump in and then throws a stupid big bouncing backhander and Deharnais cannot even come close to getting it. Then Kostin's controller is disconnected. I mean FFS. This was very preventable.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibanez

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
i think we live in dumb world. Bruins have a 5 on 3 with a one goal lead. They elect to put out 5 forwards there off a faceoff with McDrai on ice. Hands up who thinks thats stupid?

Conner and Leon proceed to get a 2 on 1. Bruins are lucky not to have conceded that goal. But what a dumb ass coaching decision. Thats the worst coach decision I've seen all season, and he's coaching the top team in the league.

i think people overthink things instead of just doing the sensible thing. There should be two D out there even in the circumstance.
All they had to do was play keep away on the pp

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
2nd pathetic goal. Slow motion.

McDavid veers off right and so does our dman. Drai is right there off into the clouds. He could have backchecked there.

McDavid could have also just kept on Foligno there easily.

Is that Tyson Barrie looking like a LW on the rush? lol

Drai does not even take one stride once touching the blue line

Last edited:

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014

That was the right call. It’s a dangerous stick

McDavid veers off right and so does our dman. Drai is right there off into the clouds. He could have backchecked there.

Tire fire defending all around lol

Reactions: TB12

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
3rd goal

Ceci-Nurse have the toughest time tag teaming a Bruin on the bottom right corner and still the Bruin comes away with the puck.

This whole team gets so lost

Watch as Nurse goes way out to the point to chase the Bruin. Foligno is left WIDE OPEN on the bottom right lol. Nobody knows he is even there. Then Ceci can't box his guy out and Skinner goes for that poke.

That was a very quick play. Skinner didn't have time to jump on that IMO

Ceci is just picking his nose looking down on his feet instead of just tying up his man. That is simple D. Just grab your man and his stick if you do not know where it is

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

McDavid could have also just kept on Foligno there easily.

Barrie calls out the guy along the wall that he has no chance of catching, and for some reason both Kulak and Mcdavid go for him leaving Fogliano in alone.

Probably just a communication error, but sure looks like everyone jumps when Barrie gives out orders :laugh:

Reactions: TGOSnipes99

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
He didn't take a stride after touching the centre line.
I am still trying to wonder what was going on in his head. Yes, he was not the main guy at fault, but he could have prevented that. Look at McDavid hustling. I would be so pissed if I seen this replay if I was him

Even Skinner is already down on his knees when Faligno receives the pass. He looked bad too.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
JP's hard work gets rewarded with 6 minutes of ice time, while the teacher's pet dirtamoto gets almost 20 minutes. Same thing with Kostin.

Our dinosaur coaching staff with the typical nepotism decisions.

Reactions: Kaptah

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
How many more wide open nets does Yamamoto have to whiff on before he gets any Puljujarvi-esque hit pieces from the media?

Reactions: Duke74 and Kaptah

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
What the f*** is with the schedule. Flames again get both teams on a back to back after playing us this week. Total Bullshit.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
First Goal. Nurse almost bumbles this dump in and then throws a stupid big bouncing backhander and Deharnais cannot even come close to getting it. Then Kostin's controller is disconnected. I mean FFS. This was very preventable.

I'd add that Nurse also doesn't have to chase the Bruin forward behind the net leaving two Oilers defenders far from home in one zone and leaving a path right down Broadway for the player who scores. Kostin can't pull the Shute in that situation. But really why is Nurse behind the net?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What the f*** is with the schedule. Flames again get both teams on a back to back after playing us this week. Total Bullshit.

Yeah, someone said they have 9 games like this vs the Oilers having 2. Absolute garbage.

I guess at least the Flames get Ullmark tomorrow

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Woody is probably not allowed to bench Minimoto because Holland gave him that god awful 2-year deal. 16 minutes a night guaranteed until next concussion :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad