Post-Game Talk: Infuriating game

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Shouldn't slash someone in the numbers to end the game.

Would have been nice if the ref had the same zest for calling the blatant interference/hooking on Boston 5 seconds before that as they did the slash.

Kailer Yamamoto 19:45 well-earned TOI

Time to save the coach from himself and get rid of him. This is ridiculous.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Accidentally read the title of this thread before watching the game.

Don't really understand it. Stoked with the effort. They were *just there* with a historically successful team. Without Kane and Player X.

Seattle just got smashed against Toronto, LA got smashed against Rangers, and Vegas got shutout today.

Not the end of the world barely losing to the beat team in the league.

Yeah I really don't get how people are upset about last night. We lost on a rather lucky goal, and had the majority of the play against a historically good team. We beat them in xGF and on the "win o meter" were around 55% if memory serves. We played really, really well. There are many things to be upset about with this team (how we play against the bottom feeders and Holland being the biggest two by far), but last night is not one of those reasons.

The rule is stated as a high stick causing injury can be given a double minor, major or game misconduct. There is nothing that says blood or cut in the actual rule, that’s just become the kind of slang for injury.

I absolutely HATE refs but I agree with that call. You hit a guy that hard right by the eye, to me, that’s an easy 4 minute call.

Yeah the double minor was 100% the right call. The missed tackling of Janmark on the PP was the big issue. It happened right before the VD slash that made the 5 on 3. It would have been 4 on 4 for 1 min, followed by quick PP for us. That could very well have resulted in a tie. Hell, we almost tied the game down by 2 TWICE. Again, we played great, and likely should have won the game.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
not a pathetic as 6'4" physical specimen that has all the tools in the world to be an impact player but can't skate, can't handle the puck and throws muffins at the goalie...what a waste of physical tools

both Yamo and Jesse stink this season
Nice. We have an agreement. We agree that Yamo lacks tools to be effective and stay healthy in NHL.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I know it doesn't mean much sitting in 3rd and coming off a loss, but the Oilers lead the Pacific division in Goal differential, +28 on the season. This is huge position imo.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I know it doesn't mean much sitting in 3rd and coming off a loss, but the Oilers lead the Pacific division in Goal differential, +28 on the season. This is huge position imo.

Unfortunately goal differential doesn’t really matter. They dropped below Seattle and Winnipeg in point %. They need to split this tough stretch at a minimum. Or could drop out.

Saving grace is the flames have a tough run too.

Saying all that. They play like they did last night they will be fine. No more games like CLB.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Goalies still can't make a freaken save, pp opportunities lopsided again.

Was a solid game. Skinner should of had 2 of 3. Another game with save percentage under 9

Goaltending should be the priority it's by far are biggest hole

I heard about a 6'7 Goaltender available with a 27-12-4 record last year.
If we were not dick, he could probably had resign for less than 2 mil

Reactions: Zguy370

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
I find it pretty cool though that whenever an Oiler record is broken by McDavid that usually means it’s an nhl record.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Nurse was actually pretty solid in this game. he erased a couple goals just belting people off the puck when they had cross ice one timers. He saved bacon a couple times. I thought Nurse did a yeoman job cancelling out the Bruins top players.
Agreed Nurse had a great game. The first goal was all on Kostin completely missing his man. Our D and other two forwards were glued to their guy.

I think the 2nd Boston goal is Kulak's fault. If there's 2 Bruins in the zone, and McDavid is covering one, by simple process of elimination who do you take Kulak?
The second goal was a matter or Connor and Kulak getting crossed up going for the same guy. Shit happens like that to every team almost every night.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Everybody can see Minimoto is useless and getting gifted time on top6. His contract blocks all competition about ice time. That truly is pathetic.
Having a tough time here. Do you like Yams? I can’t tell. Hate when people sit on the fence about a player.

• Haha
Reactions: frag2

Cagey B

Jul 21, 2021
I'm not terribly upset by this loss... we lost by 1 to the best team in the league. We almost tied it 2x when short handed at the end of the game.

If Yams could have pissed a drop and if the double minor was only 2 mins ( which it should been ) and Vinny doesn't chop the bruins back who knows what would have happened. I just know you never bet againt McDrai.

Its a lot of "ifs" but I think a game like that against the best team will do wonders for the psyche of the team.

Now Holland get out of bed and get the Dman or men we need. The time is now. Spend whatever.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Don't really understand it. Stoked with the effort. They were *just there* with a historically successful team. Without Kane and Player X.

Seattle just got smashed against Toronto, LA got smashed against Rangers, and Vegas got shutout today.

Bruins were missing one of their top D, Taylor Hall, and Marchand for the first period, who was injured (skate cut) and wasn't close to his normal self the rest of the game. They were missing more valuable players in this one than we were.

Despite that Bruins showed they can beat us on their depth alone as their top players had a really nothing night. This could have been Pasta's worst game of the season. He and others were complete non factors. This was not one of the Bruins better games. Don't know that I would take much from this one. Bruins barely even looked for an insurance goal. Was a strange game overall.

I will say the likelihood that we get an impact Kane back this season is slight. Whether he plays or not I think it could be sometime if and when he gets his dexterity, puck handling, and shot back. That he fought after coming back was also probably a bad decision. It can't be assumed he's going to be in appreciable form. It sucks, but is what it is. Kane has not been the same since the wrist laceration.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Agreed Nurse had a great game. The first goal was all on Kostin completely missing his man. Our D and other two forwards were glued to their guy.

The second goal was a matter or Connor and Kulak getting crossed up going for the same guy. Shit happens like that to every team almost every night.

Yeah, I actually slowed down the replay of the Bruins 2nd goal and re-watched with my 8 year old to show him how the players should have reacted and communicated with each other. Classic example of getting crossed up in their coverage.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

The angst is more about the points squandered against bottom feeders the past few weeks. After those games, we have no room for moral victories with 20 games left and still fighting for a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad