Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
You can walk after ligament damage without a brace, too. (I have done it twice, once after a sprain, once after a full tear.) It doesn't really mean anything until we hear an official diagnosis.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Unlike most in this thread, I'm not a doctor, so will wait for official word on an MRI or whatever they're going to do.

Maybe Joensuu can fill in once he's back? At least we have wingers that can fill the void to a degree. At least it wasn't one of our centres.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Unlike most in this thread, I'm not a doctor, so will wait for official word on an MRI or whatever they're going to do.

Maybe Joensuu can fill in once he's back? At least we have wingers that can fill the void to a degree. At least it wasn't one of our centres.

Got to agree. There simply is no replacing Hall, but we certainly have better depth on wing than center.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The determining factor will be an MRI and examination by an orthopedic surgeon. Everything other type of analysis (e.g., crutches, brace, limp, etc...) is a very inaccurate way to diagnose the severity of a knee injury.

The point is that I'll try and take some positivity in the situation when I can, rather than a narrative that automatically assumes the worst.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Gazdic is officially useless. Did nothing after that knee. When MacIntyre is back I hope he's flushed.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gazdic is officially useless. Did nothing after that knee. When MacIntyre is back I hope he's flushed.

Gazdic fighting Gryba before or after the hit wouldn't have changed anything. Neither would him gooning Spezza or Karlsson.

It was a hit where their knees collided. It wasn't even dirty.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
At least we can continue to blame injuries... jk jk

If the hockey gods read this forum, you know we will win every game with Hall out of the lineup and lose on his return, prompting the Hall for whoever proposals as those divine beings share a lighthearted chuckle.

There are no positives when losing a player, especially one like Hall, but it certainly will provide opportunity for others. Perhaps it brings increased production from, and a resulting confidence boost in, Yak or the other wingers. Maybe Stauffer is right and Pitlick has a positive experience and fills in valiantly.

If this was the beginning of the road trip we could have at least witnessed wild prognostication regarding the length of his absence by whether or not he was sent home before the end of the trip or remained with the team. That would have been "interesting".

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's the Oilers. The worst is pretty much guaranteed.

QpHSM.png

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm currently dealing with a torn ligament in my knee, if he's got that the definitely can walk no problem but could mean he'd be out for a while if that's indeed the issue.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Yeah walking means nothing.

I tried to walk off a complete ligament tear in my ankle, worked a week with torn knee ligaments and a patella sublimation lateral.

We need to wait for an MRI.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
If you want to see what happened to Hall again
See the link:
@GenePrincipe: If you didn't see it or want to see it again here's what happened to Taylor Hall today http://t.co/BgxMvKfbRy

Doesn't seem to be on YouTube yet

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
After seeing the replay I'm thinking maybe MCL, still hoping for a sprain but we'll see. Didnt think the hit was that bad but maybe his knee got flexed the wrong way some how with the hit.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
At least we can continue to blame injuries... jk jk

If the hockey gods read this forum, you know we will win every game with Hall out of the lineup and lose on his return, prompting the Hall for whoever proposals as those divine beings share a lighthearted chuckle.

There are no positives when losing a player, especially one like Hall, but it certainly will provide opportunity for others. Perhaps it brings increased production from, and a resulting confidence boost in, Yak or the other wingers. Maybe Stauffer is right and Pitlick has a positive experience and fills in valiantly.

If this was the beginning of the road trip we could have at least witnessed wild prognostication regarding the length of his absence by whether or not he was sent home before the end of the trip or remained with the team. That would have been "interesting".
Oh god, if this happens I can only imagine this board. Rumors of yak hating hall, and such because of the NYI game incident. It would be chaos. Though Yak lighting it up would be nice.

Maybe I am alone in thinking that the injury didn't seem THAT bad. But I am no doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad