Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So which one of the smurfs and wimps on the team is next on the hit list? My money is on Eberle in Montreal with either Eller or Prust running him though the boards while the rest of the team cowers and any tough guys we have remain stapled to the bench with instructions not to inflict retribution or touch anyone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It sure is a good thing that Gadzic and Brown were on the t̶e̶a̶m̶ bench to keep hits like this from happening.

I think it was in the 3rd where they showed the 2 of them looking pretty happy with themselves on the bench. Maybe they yelled out a good zinger at Gryba from the bench that taught him a good lesson.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@GenePrincipe: "I don't know the severity of the injury but when a player has to leave the game it's normally more than a day or two."Dallas Eakins on Hall

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Guys like Gadzic don't prevent our star players from getting hit, that's pretty obvious.

At best, they should be trying to hit the other teams best players hard as well.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Looks like the stars are on their own after the lack of response displayed by the rest of team. And not just today either. Might as well get your stick up and let the guy coming at you eat a stick shaft sandwich because that's all they can do to protect themselves at this point on this sorry-ass team.

Koto

May 3, 2011
Guys like Gadzic don't prevent our star players from getting hit, that's pretty obvious.

At best, they should be trying to hit the other teams best players hard as well.

funny thing the other teams best player tend to skate better than 4th line goons, making it difficult to catch them...go figure

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
I have it on good authority that this photo of him in the dressing room is legit.

robocop.jpg

For years I have lurked these boards, multiple times each day. While often left laughing after reading the contributions from a variety of select self-anointed "expert" posters, this was one of the only image-posts that made truly laugh out loud. Thank you!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
@GenePrincipe: "I don't know the severity of the injury but when a player has to leave the game it's normally more than a day or two."Dallas Eakins on Hall

This really isnt a good quote at all. Sounds like more than just a tweak or a bruise when a coach uses the word "severity"

FML

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@Bob_Stauffer
With @hallsy04 out in the short tern I wonder if the #Oilers look at bringing up Tyler Pitlick. Oiler could use his speed on the forecheck

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Can infer that in two ways.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
It sure is a good thing that Gadzic and Brown were on the t̶e̶a̶m̶ bench to keep hits like this from happening.

Was this really one of those targeted hits though? At the point of contact it looked innocent enough until you see Hall's reaction. Not like Gryba was running around crushing people and chirping.

2Sedins0Cups

Clever ain't wise.
Jul 29, 2013
Edmonton
@Bob_Stauffer
With @hallsy04 out in the short tern I wonder if the #Oilers look at bringing up Tyler Pitlick. Oiler could use his speed on the forecheck

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Can infer that in two ways.

We are due for the regular mid-season AHL infusion that never works out. Do it!!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Was this really one of those targeted hits though? At the point of contact it looked innocent enough until you see Hall's reaction. Not like Gryba was running around crushing people and chirping.

It doesn't matter whether it was targeted or not. You have to make the other team know you won't stand for that kind of crap. This happens too often to this team, and it's ridiculous.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It doesn't matter whether it was targeted or not. You have to make the other team know you won't stand for that kind of crap. This happens too often to this team, and it's ridiculous.

Montreal took it on the chin last year from these guys and stood up for themselves.

...Well, we know how that series ended.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@jirelandEJ
Taylor Hall left the #oilers room, after the game, without the aid of crutches but no update from team until he meets with the doctors.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

The last part of the quote..."but I really don't know." So anywhere from three days to the rest of the season according to the coach.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Doesn't really matter. Sens were taking liberties with just hammering hits and some dirty play all game. Tried to intimidate. The idea of enforcement doesn't stop this stuff at all.

Sens were definitely running around looking for crushing hits. Virtually every Oiler forward got pasted in this game.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Doesn't really matter. Sens were taking liberties with just hammering hits and some dirty play all game. Tried to intimidate. The idea of enforcement doesn't stop this stuff at all.

Sens were definitely running around looking for crushing hits. Virtually every Oiler forward got pasted in this game.

Ya enforcement doesn't work. I honestly think that kind of feisty attitude can be instilled in guys. Neither Smid nor Petry were mean by any stretch when they came into the league. They weren't even particularly physical. Now they're both tough customers. Not bruisers but tough to play against.

That's never gonna be Eberle or Nuge's game, but Hall and Yakupov could certainly play a lot tougher, at the very least like Perron and Gordon.

But also, the Sens lost. I guarantee the guys would rather be pasted all 82 games and win them than get through games unscathed but lose them.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
No crutches is a good sign at least.

maybe maybe not. if it's ligament stuff you can walk on those you just wind up with no stability in the joint. Couple years ago I recall one of the Blue Bombers qbs took a hit on the knee, finished the game so everyone thought it would be fine next thing you know it's torn ligaments and done for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad