GDT: "In The Running" • FLAT CAP FRENZY • Oct.9.2020 • 10 AM • SN / TSN

Which of these free agents do you want the Oilers to sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

My-Post-12.jpg

WHICH PLAYERS ARE THE OILERS "IN THE RUNNING" FOR?

-

LIST OF FREE AGENTS (UFA & RFA)

TSN FREE AGENT SIGNING TRACKER

TSN TRADE TRACKER

-

CAN HOLLAND WIN A RACE?

4413e3ff-517b-44a4-a314-91c5df339a7b-AP_Oilers_Holland_Hockey_EDM.jpg

-

CLONED'S CORNER:

FOALS IS A GREAT BAND AND "THE RUNNER" IS A BANGER.

WHERE'S SUPERGIRL? (THE GIF IN MY SIGNATURE DOESN'T COUNT...)

-

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL!

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Posted tonight because the rumours thread is close to 1000+ posts already.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I made some totally unrealistic and some realistic choices:

- Granlund, Barrie, Hoffman, Kahun, Brodie, Eakin, Haula, Grant (realistic ones)
- Supergirl (unrealistic)

Reactions: Cloned

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Duclair and/or Kahun would be terrific and presumably cheap bets.
Ennis - Mcdavid - Duclair/Pulju
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Nuge - Pulju/Duclair
Archibald - Haas - Kassian/Chiasson

Breaking up the DRY line kinda sucks but this is true depth.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I voted for Toffoli, Greiss, and I found Supergirl in lieu of Johan Larsson as my players I want who seem realistic and then I just clicked Hall, because damn it I still want him, but realistically making it work seems like a challenge.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Duclair and/or Kahun would be terrific and presumably cheap bets.
Ennis - Mcdavid - Duclair/Pulju
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Nuge - Pulju/Duclair
Archibald - Haas - Kassian/Chiasson

Breaking up the DRY line kinda sucks but this is true depth.
Tell me how many minutes are you allocating to each center (per game)? Is there even any point in dressing Haas?

canhi80

Sep 28, 2020
I'm thinking the insiders are just creating a bunch of buzz with all these big rumours involving the Oilers to increase their hits/views. At the end of the week, I hope decisions are made with the cap in mind. We've been fighting an uphill battle with all this dead cap, no reason to continue making things worse.

I'm hoping we go after an unqualified RFAs like Kahun, grab Barrie on a cheap 1-2 year deal and hope for a Wenneberg buy-out. Ideally, a strong lockerroom presence would be a nice grab too. Not sure who that is thou

Reactions: nabob

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I voted for Toffoli, Greiss, and I found Supergirl in lieu of Johan Larsson as my players I want who seem realistic and then I just clicked Hall, because damn it I still want him, but realistically making it work seems like a challenge.

I had Larsson in my original list, but I had to take him out in favour of Wallmark.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Tell me how many minutes are you allocating to each center (per game)? Is there even any point in dressing Haas?
Maybe there isn’t. I just feel like it’s more sustainable in the long run to not have 97 and 29 play 25 minutes a game. Maybe you give the top three lines around 15 5vs5 minutes a game. Let’s say ten minutes are played on the PP or PK. Only a few minutes left for the 4th line. I mean you can have 29 and 97 or Dry play occasional shifts together when trailing in the third f.i.. But if we can get their TOI down to 21-22 minutes regularly, that might be better over a full season.

Edmoiler13

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Turris wouldn't be bad depending his cost for 3C. I mean he is already getting paid each of the next 4 years on his buyout, so maybe he takes a 2 year $2m to play here. I'd take him over Wennberg if he gets bought out and I feel Haula will cost too much

I wouldn't mind Benning back at less than last year's salary. Brodie, but I feel he will be offered more elsewhere.

Griess in goal if he takes a Leon discount, otherwise I wouldn't blow the bank on offers to Markstrom and avoid Holtby at all cost.

If we could somehow snag Korpi and Savard from Columbus in a trade that would be huge.

CookiesAndMilk

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Yes, but can he lay claim to being a HFBoards poster and a Oilers fan? I think not!
Yeah about that. I became a godfather in june and told the child that I am an Oilers fan. She started crying. I didn't even mention my daily HFBoards reading routine, poor baby probably would have never stopped.

Conclusion, if you ever meet Melissa, I sure hope you don't mention something like that out of sheer nervousness :laugh:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think Turris could be had for cheap and it would be nice to have him playing 3rd line center.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah about that. I became a godfather in june and told the child that I am an Oilers fan. She started crying. I didn't even mention my daily HFBoards reading routine, poor baby probably would have never stopped.

Conclusion, if you ever meet Melissa, I sure hope you don't mention something like that out of sheer nervousness :laugh:

I mean I would think you should know how to soothe a crying baby...

Cookies and milk.

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

CookiesAndMilk

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I mean I would think you should know how to soothe a crying baby...

Cookies and milk.
Way too young for that snack :D

(loop back to topic) Can't wait to watch a game with her. I hope by then we have a contending team or at least another Cup.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I think Tyson Barrie is the most likely. That's where there seems to be the most smoke and a one year show me deal is the best fit for both parties.

A 3C is next likely and it actually seems like a buyer's market there which is great.

Markstrom, while it would be awesome, I question if the rumours are just from his agent to drive up his price. Plus we'd likely have to move Koskinen.

Lastly Hall. The heart wants him back, the head says it's just so unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad