Speculation: In the Event That Buffalo Lands McDavid, Do You Think Murray Goes For Eichel Too?

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I don't think it's in the realm of possibility, but I'd trade pretty much anything to move up to no. 2.

Reinhart + Risto + 2016 1st + NYI 1st + STL 1st

Is this a troll post? Sure seems like it. Nobody would do that, noone.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Is this a troll post? Sure seems like it. Nobody would do that, noone.
That's too steep a value payment, would negate good prior drafts (few of us here believe Murray will trade any of Myers ristolainen and zadorov before 2016 season, if ever.

In Venn diagram space, stokes views are usually in the overlap set of "contrarian" "irrational" and "hyperbole". I agree with him <<50% of time. He's definitely not a troll however.

Goofball McGundy

Jan 29, 2015
Buffalo
As much as I would love to have both of them, we really only have room for one. The Sabres have are very deep at center with the likes of: Zemgus Girgensons, Mikhail Grigorenko, Sam Reinhart, JT Compher, Johan Larsson, Connor Hurley, Sean Malone, and Eric Cornel. Now obviously we could move one or more of them over to winger, I think that if we did it would be Compher or Grigorenko. Still, it would be tough to make room, this year is a fairly deep draft, but I think we should trade the St. Louis and Islanders' pick to move up to like the 8th spot and try to snag a good winger like Pavel Zacha, or Lawson Crouse. Wing is the one position that the Sabres are thin at in terms of prospects. We have: Joel Armia, Justin Bailey, Hudson Fasching, Vaclav Karabacek, Nick Baptiste, Nic Deslauriers, Gustav Possler, and Brendan Lemieux. When I say thin, I mean compared to other positions. Defensive prospects include: Rasmus Ristolainen, Jake McCabe, Nikita Zadorov, Chad Ruhwedel, and I'd maybe include Anthony Florentino. In net, we have: Andrey Makarov, Linus Ullmark, Jonas Johansson, and Nathan Lieuwen. If you consider a team needs 4 centers, 8 wingers, 6 defenseman, 2 goalies, and a few depth players, We have more than enough defensemen especially including a guy like Tyler Myers, who turns 25 in a couple of days, we have more goalies than we need, the wing is stretched a little considering we have exactly what we need with 8 top prospects, and center is WAY overstocked if you consider that we already have 8 high end prospects with 3 potential star players (Girgensons, Grigorenko, Reinhart) so in truth we really don't need another center prospect, if we get the number 1 or 2 pick, I'd be more than happy to pick up McDavid or Eichel, but if not, there's no need to trade up for yet another center. I think the best top guy that fits into the system well is Noah Hanifin, you can never have too many good defenseman. If we drafted Hanifin, in a few years we could see a stacked blue line that looks like Top 2: Ristolainen Hanifin, Top 4: Zadorov McCabe Top 6: Myers and ? That last bit is uncertain. But, the only trade I see happening on draft day for the Sabres, is to send out the St. Louis and Islanders pick to bring in a top 10 pick. And then if we manage to get McDavid or Eichel, we get a winger with the other top 10, and get a guy like the unfortunately named Ryan Pilon, or a different defenseman that will be available.
I apologize for the length of that, but whenever you talk about the Sabres prospect pool, you can't keep it short, there's too much to talk about.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
As much as I would love to have both of them, we really only have room for one.

This is not even remotely true, but that's beside the point.

We have absolutely no realistic way to get both at this point (previously, the only hope was finish last and hope isles or blues win the lottery).

It confuses me that this thread got to 5 pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad