Post-Game Talk: In Soviet Ottawa, Goals Score You! Sens 6 Habs 3

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That is true, but he also separated his man countless times and won multiple key battles on the PK. Also, very active stick. He had some gaffs but I loved his highs that game.

He’s a very good player but I wouldn’t say it was one of his best games.

Anyway, we won so that’s what counts.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Thought Forsberg acquitted himself decently. Felt a little shaky early, but seemed to settle in nicely. At worst, if he gets waiver-shuffled again he has a solid game on his CV that might earn him a real shot elsewhere.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Like the way pretty much everyone played. Tough, fast, exciting stuff.

Peak Gudbranson last night too. Absolute nails out there...

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty happy with this game. Both the Baby Sens and Big Sens got convincing wins so a very good hockey day

Even more satisfying because it was the Habs but also and mainly because it was "on the road"...

Yes they gave up 3 goals against, but "only" 20 SCA at ES, with 9 HDCA

Some kind of improvement defensively, they bent but didn't break

I think it will be a mix of prospects and UFAs

These next moves by PD will be his legacy or his downfall.

I think they are taking a long term approach. This FYOUS thing was a mistake and kinda gave unrealistic expectations.

They are building through the draft (of course) but are pretty selective with the kind of players they want and are ready to get rid of some young players early (Balcers, Chlapik, Wolanin, Jaros, next are Brannstrom and Logan Brown?)

But hopefully they target the right prospects or young players. Example : a Carter Verhaeghe would be welcome

All that being said, do we have that many pieces to trade, that are interesting to other teams?

Impending UFAs are :

Anisimov, Dzingel, Bishop, Gudbranson, Coburn, Reilly, Forsberg

It'd be fun to get a pick for Forsberg lol

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

DJ Smith lives in a parallel universe. But in reality, I think he is a Dorion's mouthpiece. It was decided a long time ago to throw this season for a better draft pick. May be the next one too. So, get used to DJ Smith spewing a laughable nonsense.
I would pack all the NHL refs, Dorion, Buttman, Smith in a rocket and just send it to Mars with no return ticket. There is absolutely no integrity.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If you just a 10% hockey guy, you could see after a first practise that Zub is a top pairing defenceman on your team, or top 4 on any team in NHL. Not putting him in a lineup, you are throwing a season away. Plain and simple.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty solid team effort all around Brady is simply a beast and yet again absolutely terrorized the habs all night, Weber was certainly shook after he took one in that fight!

Reactions: aragorn

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

DJ Smith lives in a parallel universe. But in reality, I think he is a Dorion's mouthpiece. It was decided a long time ago to throw this season for a better draft pick. May be the next one too. So, get used to DJ Smith spewing a laughable nonsense.
I would pack all the NHL refs, Dorion, Buttman, Smith in a rocket and just send it to Mars with no return ticket. There is absolutely no integrity.

I agree having Gud and Colburn in the lineup isn’t ideal, but you have to give credit where it’s due, they played well last night.

Reactions: Deku and swiftwin

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I agree having Gud and Colburn in the lineup isn’t ideal, but you have to give credit where it’s due, they played well last night.

Gud got beat wide by Gallagher at one point in very traditional fashion but it didn't cost us.

Coburn cost us a PP goal with a penalty (make-up call?).

If the result were different, you might see the typical reaction.

In general though, I do agree with the general premise that fans spend a lot of time pointing fingers at 4th liners and 3rd pairing defencemen when they don't have the most significant impact on the final result of the game.

Gudbranson bothered me a lot more when he was playing a lot more minutes and with much better partners.

Reactions: Fuhrious

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wouldn't you rather see optimistic posts than negative ones for a change, or do people on here live just to shit on the team & management & hope they are bad every game to prove they know better.

You can't force people to write cheerful posts.

Just enjoy what you can and stop worrying about how other people follow the sport.

This trend on HF Sens of telling people the "right" or "wrong" way to be a fan is irritating.

We're all fans here. We have different opinions. Some people use the board to vent. That's just the way it goes.

And yes, I am being a bit of a hypocrite here. But that's ok too!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wouldn't you rather see optimistic posts than negative ones for a change, or do people on here live just to shit on the team & management & hope they are bad every game to prove they know better.

You've been here long enough to know the answer to that question.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
You could say the same about most platforms to be honest. Facebook, twitter, the negative news always get ton of retweets/shares. E.g. anything lockdown related, complaining posts about masks will get tons of traction but the "this person did this good thing" usually don't get much attention. People like to vent is the reason I imagine it happens like that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

That means he is going to the net, he's causing havoc in front of the goalie & pucks are bouncing off him & going in. It's not how, it's how many.

Amazing how much room these guys had out there last night compared to the game in Ottawa

They played a much tougher game, they didn't back down & Tkachuk gave notice by fighting their captain & toughest player & acquitted himself quite well which most I bet didn't expect. Anderson tried to start something & Gudbranson stepped forward & that was that. It's another example that there is still intimidation in hockey & guys have to step up when it's required or fold & we've seen this team fold many times in the past. Nice to see us being the instigators for a change.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You could say the same about most platforms to be honest. Facebook, twitter, the negative news always get ton of retweets/shares. E.g. anything lockdown related, complaining posts about masks will get tons of traction but the "this person did this good thing" usually don't get much attention. People like to vent is the reason I imagine it happens like that.
Social media driving the bus to hell. haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad