Post-Game Talk: In Soviet Ottawa, Goals Score You! Sens 6 Habs 3

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It will be interesting to see what we do, a right side of Zaitsev, Zub, JBD doesn't offer much in terms of size and physicality, something DJ seems to like and i think we targetted this offseason. Couple that with Chabot and Brannstrom on the left, i can't see us not looking to insert a big guy somewhere in the lineup. That guy might be J.Brown as he is under contract, maybe we trade or sign a big bodied LHD.

Ya, i can certainly see Brown being the other half of JBD's season

I can also see amore mature group that is able to move the puckbetter in our end needing less ability to box out at the net

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Ya, i can certainly see Brown being the other half of JBD's season

I can also see amore mature group that is able to move the puckbetter in our end needing less ability to box out at the net
Also we'll spend less time in our zone and it also means less penalties

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Definitely some "game management" in this one.

We're not used to having the lead so maybe it was a bit jarring for us.

That game eventually got pretty chippy

If you rule out the two calls you HAVE to make, Gallagher's blood drawing high stick and the puck over the glass, the minors were 4 to 0.

There were quite a few calls that could have and should have been made including the Weber crosscheck on Tkachuk that precipitated that fight

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
There were quite a few calls that could have and should have been made including the Weber crosscheck on Tkachuk that precipitated that fight
Calling an extra minor on either guy would have been brutal, that was two guys battling and settling their differences.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Calling an extra minor on either guy would have been brutal, that was two guys battling and settling their differences.

the crosscheck should have resulted in a raised arm before the fight started

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
the crosscheck should have resulted in a raised arm before the fight started
You can't just ignore the two handed slash from Tkachuk that led to the cross check then.

Matching majors was the correct call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad