Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Do we need one of the big 3? YES

I heard that Tampa has a thing for the Russian guy. If this is true, it means that Drouin might go 4th.

Would you be interested in a trade that would turn around our 1rst and Nashville 1rst + Josi.

Josi has the potential to play on a first pairing and at worst, he would be an excellent 2nd pairing dman.

Born Jun 1 1990 -- Bern, Switzerland
[23 yrs.old today]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 198 -- Shoots L (and we need a LD)

Drouin with PAP and Duch would be an amazing line.

Drouin with an happy Stastny would also be great.

---- by the way - I would love to add a guy like Colin Wilson in our team also ---

And if Drouin is not there at 4, we need to talk to the Jets, they have a potential
1rst pairing LD in Trouba.

I know, I might be dreaming but a guy like Roy is a guy that thinks a lot and in his head, he has 1000 scenarios at this moment.

Sherman days are over guys, we now have a guy that has hockey in his blood.

I would seriously consider that trade, but I'm not sure Nashville would. It would suck to potentially not come away with one of the top-3, but Nichushkin would certainly make for an excellent consolation prize.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Actually if we could get Filppula for 3-5 years at AAV 4mil (a bit cheaper than what I expect some foolish GM to give him) he would be a good 3rd line center which would (in case we don't draft Mac/draft him but play him on the wing) help us free ROR or Staz if they demand something over the moon (probably ROR in this case).
We then would pay a good 3rd line center 4mil, which is very reasonable if Duchy gets 6.5, let's say Staz is kept at 5.5mil and Vale at 4mil, we would still be very strong down the middle and by that we might have some more $$$ to spend on D/better depth forwards.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Actually if we could get Filppula for 3-5 years at AAV 4mil (a bit cheaper than what I expect some foolish GM to give him) he would be a good 3rd line center which would (in case we don't draft Mac/draft him but play him on the wing) help us free ROR or Staz if they demand something over the moon (probably ROR in this case).
We then would pay a good 3rd line center 4mil, which is very reasonable if Duchy gets 6.5, let's say Staz is kept at 5.5mil and Vale at 4mil, we would still be very strong down the middle and by that we might have some more $$$ to spend on D/better depth forwards.

I agree with Freudian - Filppula is going to get paid. There's no question he's a good player, but the real question with him is similar to the one we had after O'R's breakout season two ago. Is Filppula a 60 point player, or a 40 point player? A 2nd line center or a 3rd line center?

I think he's going to be paid 2nd line center money, and given that responsibility someplace.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

If he's willing to take 3x4 why Wings wouldn't just re-sign him then?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
i have a gut feeling filppula will sign in calgary 4.5-5.0 mill a season. he wouldn't have interest here anyways i'm sure he doesn't want to come here to play 3rd line minutes. i think we could get stastny for 5-5.5 may as well stick with him if were going that route.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If he's willing to take 3x4 why Wings wouldn't just re-sign him then?

You never know with people. They might want change.
And yes, as I said there will be a foolish GM who will give him too much.
He is not more than a 3rd line center, but a good one at that.
He should be paid around 3.5mil, but he will get paid more.
I was more or less just commenting on others as they didn't like him as a player, I just said I'd gladly take him on as a 3rd line center if he doesn't demand the moon (which he will).

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
QsnNNza.gif

To Colorado:
Dion Phaneuf

To Toronto:
Matt Duchene

Yes, I know Duchene/Stastny/RoR has been beaten to death on here. But I thought I'd give this a shot. I don't think either side will like this too much therefore it must make perfect sense ;)

Flame away and add what you feel needs to be added :)

Also, for the love of god, just leave them to wallow in their own terrible proposals, do not take this quote as an opportunity to go and explain how bad it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino