Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
We will never land someone perfect.

No, but the Avs can still do better than JJ.

I agree that we're not going to find that perfect guy but I have serious doubts that the Avs are going to be giving up anything significant for players with question marks in their defensive games.

What about a guy like Mark Giordano? He's likely available for the right price and would be a strong 2-way addition to our team. I'd rather the Avs try and acquire him than pay through the nose for JMFJ or Jake Godner.

Still think the Avs are going to do something HUGE though before the deadline:

To Col:
Shea Weber,RD

To Nsh:
O'Reilly,C
Barrie,RD or McGinn,LW
Bigras,LD or Siemens,LD
1st round pick
2nd round pick

Something crazy like that

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I agree that we're not going to find that perfect guy but I have serious doubts that the Avs are going to be giving up anything significant for players with question marks in their defensive games.

What about a guy like Mark Giordano? He's likely available for the right price and would be a strong 2-way addition to our team. I'd rather the Avs try and acquire him than pay through the nose for JMFJ or Jake Godner.

To Col:
Shea Weber,RD

To Nsh:
O'Reilly,C
Barrie,RD or McGinn,LW
Bigras,LD or Siemens,LD
1st round pick
2nd round pick

I suspect we will make an interesting trade before the deadline. I just don't see it being a big blockbuster like that. I don't know, maybe we take on a decent player on a bad contract like Myers. I just don't see the farm being sold.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl

To Col:
Shea Weber,RD

To Nsh:
O'Reilly,C
Barrie,RD or McGinn,LW
Bigras,LD or Siemens,LD
1st round pick
2nd round pick

It would be really stupid to pay such a ransom for one guy. I think such a trade would make us weaker instead of stronger.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i think the deadline could be very interesting with avs. though the 'boring' option isn't that bad; trade no one and for no one, at least significant and re-sign stas and o'reilly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It would be really stupid to pay such a ransom for one guy. I think such a trade would make us weaker instead of stronger.

Take the Bigras/Siemens part out and it is a pretty solid deal for the Avs, or keep Siemens in and Nashville adds a solid forward prospect like Salomaki and a 3rd or 4th round pick.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
i think the deadline could be very interesting with avs. though the 'boring' option isn't that bad; trade no one and for no one, at least significant and re-sign stas and o'reilly.

I believe it will be interesting. Especially if they deem one of O'Reilly/Stastny to be un-extendable but are deep in a playoff race.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think the deadline is going to be quiet. Maybe a small trade or even no trade and no extensions at that point. Everyone is expecting something big and are going to be shocked when nothing happens.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

To Col:
Shea Weber,RD

To Nsh:
O'Reilly,C
Barrie,RD or McGinn,LW
Bigras,LD or Siemens,LD
1st round pick
2nd round pick

I do it but would rather give up Mcginn/Siemens and make the 1st a 2015 draft. Not sure if press would accept the offer considering holmgren loves weber. He'd probably pay more something around schenn and couturier.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I do it but would rather give up Mcginn/Siemens and make the 1st a 2015 draft. Not sure if press would accept the offer considering holmgren loves weber. He'd probably pay more something around schenn and couturier.

michael-scott-no.gif

I'd much rather have a pick in the 2015 draft. It really is a much better draft than 2014.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The Nashville Predators are not moving Shea Weber. You surround him with talent. If he was traded he wouldn't get full value back thereby hurting the Predators.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would trade Parenteau+ for J. Johnson. Wouldn't trade O'Reilly for him though.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any Colorado fans interested in this deal? I don't know the value, and one Avs fan said it wasn't enough, but I think the value for you guys is there (hopefully).

:leafs
Ryan O'Reilly
Stefan Elliott

:avs
Jake Gardiner
Mason Raymond
Carter Ashton
Tony Cameranesi
Brad Ross

Three prospects, plus a young top 4 defenseman and a mid-20's top 6 sniper. I read this on a thread that the young top 4 defenseman and the top 6 sniper were your only two needs, but I realized you lacked on wing depth in the prospect pool, so you get two quality wingers, plus another center.

Thoughts?

I would trade Parenteau+ for J. Johnson. Wouldn't trade O'Reilly for him though.

Gardiner for O'Reilly? Interested?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not straight up! I'm not like other Leafs fans :laugh:

Told you on the main board that it is flawed ;).

We value Elliott over everyone but Gardiner in your proposal.

And I for myself would not give up Elliott + 1st for Gardiner.

I tried to tell you that Gardiner is simply not a good enough centerpiece in a ROR trade.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
No thank you.

As for the trade proposal, I see that as O'Reilly and Elliott for Gardiner. Those other guys do nothing for the Avs.

Really, Mason Raymond is nothing? He's played top 6 for us in Lupul's absence. He's the 3rd best scorer on our team behind JVR and Kessel. Though, the prospects I admit were a shot in the dark. I could only find two of your needs, and I just filled in the value accordingly. Would taking Elliott help the value?

I also compared O'Reilly's deal to Seguin's deal. Seguin is worth more than O'Reilly, and he got a top 6 winger, 2 B prospects and a C prospect along with a solid #3 C and a C prospect going with him. So, I did a B prospect and O'Reilly for Gardiner, a top 6, and 3 C prospects. I thought it was fair, but I guess I was wrong (hopefully I wasn't too far off though, because then there may never be an O'Reilly deal going anywhere and everyone can let their hopes down :laugh:)

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Told you on the main board that it is flawed ;).

We value Elliott over everyone but Gardiner in your proposal.

And I for myself would not give up Elliott + 1st for Gardiner.

I tried to tell you that Gardiner is simply not a good enough centerpiece in a ROR trade.

Eh, I guess you were right. Well that's why I came here, just to make sure it wasn't one fan overvaluing a player. Being a Leafs fan, it's necessary. :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not straight up! I'm not like other Leafs fans :laugh:

Rielly is the starter for O'Reilly, if he's not on the table we're not moving ROR to Toronto. There's better young defenders out there we could target for ROR. I'd even take JJ over Gardiner and ROR for JJ is overkill on our part.

I'm not sure what the value of JvR is in Toronto right now, but I can safely say the Avs value ROR as much if not more.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Any Colorado fans interested in this deal? I don't know the value, and one Avs fan said it wasn't enough, but I think the value for you guys is there (hopefully).

:leafs
Ryan O'Reilly
Stefan Elliott

:avs
Jake Gardiner
Mason Raymond
Carter Ashton
Tony Cameranesi
Brad Ross

Three prospects, plus a young top 4 defenseman and a mid-20's top 6 sniper. I read this on a thread that the young top 4 defenseman and the top 6 sniper were your only two needs, but I realized you lacked on wing depth in the prospect pool, so you get two quality wingers, plus another center.

Thoughts?

Gardiner for O'Reilly? Interested?

I'd consider something like:

To Tornoto:
O'Reilly
Elliott

To Colorado:
Gardiner
Raymond (I like him and his speed, but I'd only want him with the guarantee he'd want to re-sign here)
But I'd want a pretty high prospect as well like Gauthier, the Avs would be giving up the best player in the deal Raymond is a ? because we wouldn't know if he'd re-sign so we'd need some compensation Gauthier becomes pretty redundant if you were to acquire O'Reilly.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really, Mason Raymond is nothing? He's played top 6 for us in Lupul's absence. He's the 3rd best scorer on our team behind JVR and Kessel. Though, the prospects I admit were a shot in the dark. I could only find two of your needs, and I just filled in the value accordingly. Would taking Elliott help the value?

I also compared O'Reilly's deal to Seguin's deal. Seguin is worth more than O'Reilly, and he got a top 6 winger, 2 B prospects and a C prospect along with a solid #3 C and a C prospect going with him. So, I did a B prospect and O'Reilly for Gardiner, a top 6, and 3 C prospects. I thought it was fair, but I guess I was wrong (hopefully I wasn't too far off though, because then there may never be an O'Reilly deal going anywhere and everyone can let their hopes down :laugh:)

Raymond had a good start for the Leafs but most Avs fans know what he is. We've seen him play a lot when he was with the Canucks and he's not the type of player we need. He also wouldn't crack our top six and would probably be the 9th best forward on the team when everyone is healthy.

I still wouldn't trade O'Reilly but Kulemin is the one Leafs winger I would be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad