Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Those two Tampa scouts are interesting. We don't even play them at all this month, so why send two guys where one guy would suffice?

Would love to acquire one of their younger guys, seeing as they have probably the best drafting/developing in the entire league right now.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Those two Tampa scouts are interesting. We don't even play them at all this month, so why send two guys where one guy would suffice?

Would love to acquire one of their younger guys, seeing as they have probably the best drafting/developing in the entire league right now.

I just figured they'd be scouting Phoenix, isn't Tampas main need defense still?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
BbJBJEGCYAEZ-74.jpg:small

Looks like we've solved the Montreal scouting mystery. Scott Masters, the Montreal scout, used to be a Colorado scout and his linkedin still lists him as living in the Denver area.

I don't' think that's why they've been scouting them all year. Montreal isn't going to pay a guy to scout a team in the other conference all year. They only play the Avs one more time this year, and it's in March.

That might be why they sent Masters, but it seems as though they have interest in a player or two. PAP seems like an obvious bet.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It's not like he would just be scouting the Avs. He'd be scouting every team that comes here too. They're looking at someone on the Avs for sure, but to be at every game is excessive.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I don't' think that's why they've been scouting them all year. Montreal isn't going to pay a guy to scout a team in the other conference all year. They only play the Avs one more time this year, and it's in March.

That might be why they sent Masters, but it seems as though they have interest in a player or two. PAP seems like an obvious bet.

Well here are the teams he would have seen besides the Avs. And considering he's pretty familiar with the Avalanche, this might reveal certain things about each of those teams to him.

Ducks
Predators
Stars
Wings
Hurricanes
Jets
Flames
Capitals
Panthers
Hawks
Blues
Wild
Coyotes

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd love for the Avs to get there hands on Letang some how.

Doubt it would be possible without including ROR, but I would happily give up PAP + 1st + any prospect the Pens wanted for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's not like he would just be scouting the Avs. He'd be scouting every team that comes here too. They're looking at someone on the Avs for sure, but to be at every game is excessive.

True, it's probably a mixture of both. It's too excessive just to be scouting how the road teams play though.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
7.5 million is a pretty heavy ticket for a guy who has only hit 50 points once. I know Letang (or is it Lestink?) has had injury filled seasons close to PPG, but that just raises the injury concerns. I'd also be concerned his point totals would drop once he is not playing on the powerplay with the two best centers in the world.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
check out their recent draft picks. the past few years, almost all seem to be trending upwards since being drafted.

and not just on junior level etc. gudas, panik, palat, kucherov etc.

I see, it's great news for them to be sure. So many wasted picks/prospects during the Feaster/Lawton years, and even though he played for the Wings, I'd like to see Yzerman succeed as a GM.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
7.5 million is a pretty heavy ticket for a guy who has only hit 50 points once. I know Letang (or is it Lestink?) has had injury filled seasons close to PPG, but that just raises the injury concerns. I'd also be concerned his point totals would drop once he is not playing on the powerplay with the two best centers in the world.

He's still one of the top Offensive Dmen in the game. And although he's not elite defensively, he can still get the job done on a regular basis.

With the cap rising potentially to 71.1M next season, I would be fine with paying Letang the 7.25M that he's due to make starting next year.

In 3 or 4 years if the cap is up to close to if not over 80M, his contract will almost be a steal again.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
maybe the worst was declining to trade vinny for subban, price, maxpac and 1st (09, i think).

I think that trade was vetoed by the previous Tampa owners (Oren Koules was against the trade, while Len Barrie was for I believe) while Brian Lawton was GM. What a relief for the Habs. Mind you in 1998, rumours had it that Pierre Lacroix had offered all 4 first round picks to Tampa for the 1st overall (Lecavalier), apparently Tampa wanted Deadmarsh as well.

As for the current Avs, I hope the Kulikov-to-the-Avs rumour happens. He's at his worst right now but he has enough talent to be a very solid 2-3rd defensemen. I like how Foppa2118 thinks (Matthias, Kulikov, Ott) for the Avs roster.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It really feels like a F will be coming back along with a D in trade. Just for shiz and gigs here's a few possibilities that jump out at me. Some obviously will cost a lot more than others.

FLA

D
Kulikov (RFA)
Campbell

F
Matthias
Goc (UFA)
Upshall
Kopecky

PIT

D
Letang

F
Sutter (RFA)

CGY

D
Giordano

F
Glenscross
Stajan (UFA)

BUF

D
Ehrhoff
Myers

F
Ott (UFA)
M. Foligno (RFA)

PHX

D
Yandle
Klesla (UFA)

F
Vermette

I can't seem to figure out who the names would be from TBL, WIN, or MTL, unless it's Subban, Hedman, Enstrom, or Wheeler or something. Nothing else seems to make much sense. I guess Carle, and Malone could be the names from TBL, I just hope that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad