Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
For what it's worth, CapGeek lists Mike Connolly and Joel Chouinard as UFA's, so the Avs must not have qualified them.

It's a shame the Avs do not have any kind of official press statement on these kinds of things.
Not worthy of a professional hockey/sports organization.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
It's a shame the Avs do not have any kind of official press statement on these kinds of things.
Not worthy of a professional hockey/sports organization.

I agree. It would be courteous for the fans to know what the organization is up to.
Dater said though that everyone except Palushaj was retained, but we know how reliable he is.

Dutchy09*

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 22s Sources say Senators have acquired Bobby Ryan. Details coming. #Sens

Ryan for Silfverberg Noesen and 1st.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You could see this trade coming, the sens have a lot of promising prospects and need an legiy offensive star.would be a grrat day if alfie didn't leave. The ducks got good pieces as well noesen is a solid prospect who has top 6 potential and a good character guy. SILVERBERG should what he could do this year. Like the deal for the sens but ducks made out alright.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Got to wonder how close Colorado could have been with McGinn (who scores at the same rate as Silfberg) and their 1st for Ryan. Not sure if they have a forward prospect like Noesen though. Hish and Sgarbossa are a little off in value probably because of their size.

Hopefully they have a good D trade up their sleeve and didn't want to give up the assets.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
So we used a standard buyout on Zanon and not one of the compliance buyouts. So it'll count against the cap...possibly into next year too. Why'd we do this? Is there some advantage to it? I feel like there's no reason not to use one of the compliance buyouts. Which two players are we buying out next year that we needed to save the compliance buyouts for?

Edit: Nevermind, looked back through the posts from yesterday

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Got to wonder how close Colorado could have been with McGinn (who scores at the same rate as Silfberg) and their 1st for Ryan. Not sure if they have a forward prospect like Noesen though. Hish and Sgarbossa are a little off in value probably because of their size.

Hopefully they have a good D trade up their sleeve and didn't want to give up the assets.

Silverberg is 3 years younger than Mcginn, he much more potential. Noesen was drafted in the 1st round he has more value then sgarbossa or hishon. I don't think the avs would be close.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Silverberg is 3 years younger than Mcginn, he much more potential. Noesen was drafted in the 1st round he has more value then sgarbossa or hishon. I don't think the avs would be close.

Well he's two years younger to be technical. McGinn's turning 25 in August, and Silfverberg is turning 23 in October.

He does have more potential, but it's not clear how much higher he'll go at his age. He's got an edge on McGinn defensively, but McGinn has an edge on him with physical play.

I'd agree Silfverberg has more value, but not a whole lot IMO.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Noesen has been a pretty big disappoint to Sens fans and many of them have been prematurely calling him a bust.

IMO Sgarbossa + Hishon have the same/higher value as him. Silverberg > McGinn, but we couldn't give up our 2014 1st.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Coburn!!!!!!

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 21m
As i understand it, there is a number Gagne/Flyers can live with but cap prevents this getting done now. See how shakes out in days ahead

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Coburn!!!!!!

As i understand it, there is a number Gagne/Flyers can live with but cap prevents this getting done now. See how shakes out in days ahead

God please!!!

Seriously... Flip them McGinn + Elliott for Coburn, and sign Iginla.

There you go, you have 3 natural RWs and a top 3 defender to pair with EJ.

You can't tell me Elliott as a replacement for Timonen or Mezaros in the future, and a cheap cost controlled power forward in McGinn wouldn't be appealing to them. At the deadline you flip Stastny or O'Reilly for the best 1st line LW you can find, then continue to build the defense.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Coburn!!!!!!

I kinda get the feeling that Philly wants to keep Coburn.

So instead, Meszaros for a draft pick (4th or 5th).

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, I'd be happy with mesz. It just seems to make so much sense. He could be had on the cheap and if healthy, he'd be a huge upgrade on d. Worst case, it doesn't work out, he walks after the season, and were out a 3rd rounder.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Yeah, I'd be happy with mesz. It just seems to make so much sense. He could be had on the cheap and if healthy, he'd be a huge upgrade on d. Worst case, it doesn't work out, he walks after the season, and were out a 3rd rounder.

I with you on that. Sakic and Roy should be on the phone right now talking to Holmgren about it. Go for Coburn, but settle for Meszaros if they won't budge.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
God please!!!

Seriously... Flip them McGinn + Elliott for Coburn, and sign Iginla.

There you go, you have 3 natural RWs and a top 3 defender to pair with EJ.

You can't tell me Elliott as a replacement for Timonen or Mezaros in the future, and a cheap cost controlled power forward in McGinn wouldn't be appealing to them. At the deadline you flip Stastny or O'Reilly for the best 1st line LW you can find, then continue to build the defense.

If they are trying to sign Gagne, McGinn has no use for them, unless there is another forward moving.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Of course they do, and any team would let them off the hook by taking on the mess that is Meszaros. They shouldn't even be mentioning his name if they want Coburn.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Is it Coburns availability that has made people high on him? He really was god awful from time to times last season.

He is a solid Top 4 guy who is slightly overpaid. But his trade-price doesn't seem to reflect that.

I would prefer to look for someone that might just be cap dumped.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is it Coburns availability that has made people high on him? He really was god awful from time to times last season.

He is a solid Top 4 guy who is slightly overpaid. But his trade-price doesn't seem to reflect that.

I would prefer to look for someone that might just be cap dumped.

We don't really know his trade price, it's all speculation.

Edmonton has a little less pressure to drive up that price now that they have Ference, if they're not out of the running all together. Anaheim shipped out Bobby Ryan, so it's unlikely they'd be a trade partner. Doesn't seem like they can afford Yandle now that they added Vinnie, so maybe Phoenix is out.

Might be the perfect time for the Avs if they don't blow it. He's not a top 5 D in the league kind of guy, but he is the kind of guy that would be a great fit with EJ and help him both offensively and defensively. He did have an off year last year, but that was mostly in terms of offense from the criticisms I've heard. Philly has never had the best team system to play defense for anyway.

He's a big, mobile, solid, physical two way guy that's good in transition. He's basically Hejda but bigger, tougher, and with a little more natural talent. What sets him back is he only has average offensive hockey IQ just like EJ, but he can still be a big help to the team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We don't really know his trade price, it's all speculation.

Edmonton has a little less pressure to drive up that price now that they have Ference, if they're not out of the running all together. Anaheim shipped out Bobby Ryan, so it's unlikely they'd be a trade partner. Doesn't seem like they can afford Yandle now that they added Vinnie, so maybe Phoenix is out.

Might be the perfect time for the Avs if they don't blow it. He's not a top 5 D in the league kind of guy, but he is the kind of guy that would be a great fit with EJ and help him both offensively and defensively. He did have an off year last year, but that was mostly in terms of offense from the criticisms I've heard. Philly has never had the best team system to play defense for anyway.

He's a big, mobile, solid, physical two way guy that's good in transition. He's basically Hejda but bigger, tougher, and with a little more natural talent. What sets him back is he only has average offensive hockey IQ just like EJ, but he can still be a big help to the team.

Yeah a top 4 of,

Coburn - EJ

Hejda - Barrie

Would at least be respectable, and allow us to continue to build our defense while being solid enough back their to compete.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't see the downside. He's only got a year left on his contract.

The downside is you get an injury mess that is a gamble, and Philly gets let off the hook by another sucker and doesn't have to move a good defenseman that can actually help the Avs for a few years.

It's not about, "oh hey lets just bring in someone because it can't hurt." That is not the mindset the Avs should have. Their mindset should be,"Our D was awful last year, and we've had the same top 4-5 guys for the last three years. Lets quit effin around and bring in someone that can help solidify the D somewhat, and try and make the playoffs for a change."

Yeah a top 4 of,

Coburn - EJ

Hejda - Barrie

Would at least be respectable, and allow us to continue to build our defense while being solid enough back their to compete.

Just one decent defender like Coburn would be huge in terms of slotting guys down the depth chart, and taking pressure of guys like Barrie and Wilson. It frees them up to play to their strengths against the right kind of opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad