Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXVI ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoppaForsberg*

Here is a question... ROR locked up at $7.5m for 4 years or Duchene on his current contract ($6m AAV for 4 more years)?

ROR.

Duchene is good but he has a similar,and better version of him in MacKinnon. While Landy and ROR offer elite defense along with solid offense vs solid offense and subpar defense.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
ROR.

Duchene is good but he has a similar,and better version of him in MacKinnon. While Landy and ROR offer elite defense along with solid offense vs solid offense and subpar defense.
I'm thinking the exact opposite.

And 7.5 won't be enough to keep ROR I don't think.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I get the feeling that RoR's agent hasn't answered the phone for Sakic. They're just avoiding calls and trying to get to UFA.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Here is a question... ROR locked up at $7.5m for 4 years or Duchene on his current contract ($6m AAV for 4 more years)?

Duchene.

I like RoR's game more than I do Duchene's but the Avs will be a cap team going forward and I'd rather the savings. You know RoR is going to want top dollar when it comes time to re-sign and Duchene has always been easy to negotiate with.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I can't believe how caught up in O'Reilly's hot March people are. The mob was starting to get ready to lynch him before February, then he has a decent February and a great March.

Hopefully the same holds true for the scouts and GMs who focus solely on the last 30 games of the season. His value will be much higher than if they take his whole season into account.

Outside of March, he had 38 points in 69 games. In other words, a 45 point scoring pace.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Just trade him to StL with McGinn for Stastny and Oshie

I'm done with this silly business and I'll worry about the cap later

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I said this in the other off-season thread. I heard on the radio some source speculating ROR for Phaneuf trade, but then again someone else thinks Phaneuf wont leave Toronto

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
ROR.

Duchene isn't subpar defensively. Oh how quickly people forget his 2013-2014 season and Olympic invite

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
ROR.

Way to sell Duchene short with "solid offense". His production is a lot better than those two over the last three seasons.

I will not miss these discussions though.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I would take Duchene over RoR if he cost a million more than RoR. Duchene is just a significantly better player. Edit: With far greater upside.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think I've been sufficiently de-sensitized at this point with the loss of Stastny that losing ROR wouldn't hurt as bad. But this could be a franchise setting back moment if we don't get good value for him after losing Stastny for nothing.

In the end I just want it to end and move on. If ROR wants to chase a huge payday, let him. But get good value in return before losing him, every GM in the league knows how valuable he is and if you play your hand right (indicating you'll re-sign him without good value) you could just come out of this saving face.

I would hold onto him until the deadline though if we're just going to get rental offers.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think I've been sufficiently de-sensitized at this point with the loss of Stastny that losing ROR wouldn't hurt as bad. But this could be a franchise setting back moment if we don't get good value for him after losing Stastny for nothing.

In the end I just want it to end and move on. If ROR wants to chase a huge payday, let him. But get good value in return before losing him, every GM in the league knows how valuable he is and if you play your hand right (indicating you'll re-sign him without good value) you could just come out of this saving face.

I would hold onto him until the deadline though if we're just going to get rental offers.

Please, no.

If he doesn't sign -- or agree to sign -- by the draft, he needs to go. Nobody needs the drama -- not the fans, and not the team.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I said this in the other off-season thread. I heard on the radio some source speculating ROR for Phaneuf trade, but then again someone else thinks Phaneuf wont leave Toronto

This would be a disaster unless a good chunk of salary is retained on Phaneuf.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
"Be surprised if they don't get Oduya"

That has got to be just bad wording by Dater. He can't know how high the rest of the teams are willing to go even if he knows Avs really want him.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Won't be disappointed in Oduya. The price has to be reasonable though. Hope to god we don't overpay for him. Rather overpay Sekera, Erhoff, or, hell even Martin.

It will probably be Orpik reasonable, considering they offered Orpik that ridiculous contract.

m0ngr31

Rights to Oduya + Bickell for our next 2 2nd rounders. Sounds like a sweet deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad