Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'd be disappointed at this point If we don't get 2nd for Hejda. Min. I know Timonen is big name, but teams love Hejda's game as well. Tough, good hitter, big, defensive defenseman, can play top-4 minutes IF needed. He should bring in 2nd prettty easily.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
If we trade Hejda, who can we sign to replace him? Or are planning to start a season with: Holden, Johnson, Guenin, Barrie, Stuart, Redmond plus whatever prospects make the jump? I feel like if Hejda will sign for $2.5 million for one or two years we should sign him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If we trade Hejda, who can we sign to replace him? Or are planning to start a season with: Holden, Johnson, Guenin, Barrie, Stuart, Redmond plus whatever prospects make the jump? I feel like if Hejda will sign for $2.5 million for one or two years we should sign him.

Agree, but we are in the minority for sure

I've been told draft picks are money and keeping Hejda ensures the status quo and if they trade him they will be forced to make a move this offseason.

I see "forced" and I think Stuart 2.0

Now dumping guys off the team like Redmond or Guenin (3 point night be damned) and then being forced to fill those slots isn't as scary

JMHO though

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Agree, but we are in the minority for sure

I've been told draft picks are money and keeping Hejda ensures the status quo and if they trade him they will be forced to make a move this offseason.

I see "forced" and I think Stuart 2.0

Now dumping guys off the team like Redmond or Guenin (3 point night be damned) and then being forced to fill those slots isn't as scary

JMHO though

Hejda will be 37.
There is no status quo with him. You simply can not rely on him any longer.
We have a piss poor prospect pool and are out of future picks (thanks Brad).

It is time to be smart for once.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Hejda will be 37.
There is no status quo with him. You simply can not rely on him any longer.
We have a piss poor prospect pool and are out of future picks (thanks Brad).

It is time to be smart for once.

So the Avs will be relying on 2 new (but yet unknown) LHD in the top 4 next year? I like those odds after our success last offseason getting in defensive FAs and that followed a good season.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs will have a new NHL player on D next season. Either via trade or via FA. I'd be amazed if this didn't come true.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wish the Avs had pulled off a deal for Tye Mcginn. He would look good on our fourth line.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think a trade the Avs should really push is Hejda + 3rd/4th for Harrington. Pittsburgh is lacking picks, but still need some defensive help. Hejda by himself isn't enough to get Harrington, so add a pick they lack (obviously 4th is better than 3rd) to try to score a prospect that can help next year.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I think a trade the Avs should really push is Hejda + 3rd/4th for Harrington. Pittsburgh is lacking picks, but still need some defensive help. Hejda by himself isn't enough to get Harrington, so add a pick they lack (obviously 4th is better than 3rd) to try to score a prospect that can help next year.

or hejda+talbot

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Now Roy is going to use Guenins 3 point miracle night as justification he needs to be in the lineup. Damnit Guenin. The guy should be eating nachos or in the spot he's in now, but in Lake Erie.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Siemens was back in the line up tonight for Cleveland. Trade Hejda and call up Siemens to get a taste of the NHL.

Can't do that to him when he just came back from an injury. Maybe he could come up in the last week or so if he's ready.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
There some time early in the season, I hope we ask for Adam Larsson when he need a change of scenary because he was regularly scratched

Now he is a very solid defenseman.:(:(

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: