Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Two are UFA's. Cormier can be a 4th liner right now better than any of Talbot, Mcleod or Cliche.
Morrissey may be a what if when you consider him a surefire elite top pairing guy but he will absolutely be a top 4 with the ceiling to be elite. Burmistrov is a throw in. If he doesn't come play it means we traded Briere, Hejda and ROR for Cormier and Morrissey which is fine. If we get Burmistrov to come over, it's gravy.

Okay, well, I'm not sure Cormier is even an NHLer at this point. Has had plenty of chances to crack the lineup on some truly awful Thrashers/Jets teams and couldn't stick.

And Morrissey is a gamble until he makes the NHL and sticks. I'm just not keen on trading a guy who might very well be the best two-way player the franchise has ever seen to a division rival for a what-if prospect.

I think someone should definitely trade for Burmi's rights--absolutely criminal and stupid how the Jets handled that situation. But he should come a LOT cheaper than this.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
And no, no, a thousand times NO on Phaneuf. He's an asset in decline, he's rather one-dimensional to begin with, and is selfish to boot. He'd thrive in a lesser role, but again, he will never, ever accept that role.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Okay, well, I'm not sure Cormier is even an NHLer at this point. Has had plenty of chances to crack the lineup on some truly awful Thrashers/Jets teams and couldn't stick.

And Morrissey is a gamble until he makes the NHL and sticks. I'm just not keen on trading a guy who might very well be the best two-way player the franchise has ever seen to a division rival for a what-if prospect.

I think someone should definitely trade for Burmi's rights--absolutely criminal and stupid how the Jets handled that situation. But he should come a LOT cheaper than this.

Cormier is definitely a better 4th liner than what we have. Plus his physical prescence is always in mind of the other team and he's a great PK'er. I know the Avs may have had more talented teams than WPG/ATL in the past but the Avs bottom 6 players were never as good which is why Cormier couldn't crack their lineup. They always had 2 lines of 3rd/4th line tweeners.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
And no, no, a thousand times NO on Phaneuf. He's an asset in decline, he's rather one-dimensional to begin with, and is selfish to boot. He'd thrive in a lesser role, but again, he will never, ever accept that role.

This is my read on him too. DD on a 2nd pairing with some salary retained isnt too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad