Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going back to months ago, I would definitely would do Subban for ROR. He is a fantastic player with an insane shot, creative with the puck, physical, great skater, and underrated defensive game. Prone to do too much with the puck for sure, but some of you are crazy saying that he wouldn't look good by EJ on both 5v5, PP, and PK.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Going back to months ago, I would definitely would do Subban for ROR. He is a fantastic player with an insane shot, creative with the puck, physical, great skater, and underrated defensive game. Prone to do too much with the puck for sure, but some of you are crazy saying that he wouldn't look good by EJ on both 5v5, PP, and PK.

I'd do that deal...but I doubt the Habs would have.

And yes, a PK/EJ pairing would be amazing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Management probably wouldn't because of who they have to deal with in about a year and a half.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is that an E5? Most of his E5s are correct...

I was being sarcastic, no idea if Eklund has commented on it. A deal around Brassard and ROR might not be a terrible deal for both side though. CBJ would have to add a bit though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I was being sarcastic, no idea if Eklund has commented on it. A deal around Brassard and ROR might not be a terrible deal for both side though. CBJ would have to add a bit though.

What? Brassard has been going nowhere for years now. It would be a disaster for Avs if the biggest piece coming back in a RoR trade was Brassard.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What? Brassard has been going nowhere for years now. It would be a disaster for Avs if the biggest piece coming back in a RoR trade was Brassard.

Brassard and CBS 1st round pick.

And I would laugh at ROR being shipped off to Columbus.

EDIT: They wouldn't give their 1st, but maybe LA 1st..

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Brassard and CBS 1st round pick.

And I would laugh at ROR being shipped off to Columbus.

EDIT: They wouldn't give their 1st, but maybe LA 1st..

I would hate it if they give us both picks.
Only to watch both NYR and LAK somehow just miss the playoffs and win the lottery.

That would make Sherman look like a genius. And I would hate that !!!!
(Well MacKinnon, Drouin and Jones might console me a little bit ;))

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

It would all depend on the + that CBJ would have to add. Brassard is nothing special, but is a low level #2 that could work well as a #3 on a team that wants to roll 3 scoring lines (like the Avs were going to do this year). No matter the Avs would be giving up the best player in the deal, and would probably end up losing the deal.

IMO the only way the Avs do well in a trade with ROR is if it is basically 1 for 1 swap for a defensemen with top pairing potential. Any trade centered around forwards or draft picks (outside of the top 10ish) is probably going to be a loss for the Avs.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Can't imagine O'Ry would be involved, but Brassard(along with Little and others) is another long time Sherman target. Wouldn't surprise me, but it is Eklund...

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Can't imagine O'Ry would be involved, but Brassard(along with Little and others) is another long time Sherman target. Wouldn't surprise me, but it is Eklund...

I remember hearing a while back that he tried to deal Liles for Brassard at the deadline the summer before Liles was traded for a second.

I'm very up and down on Brassard. He is excellent in finding the trailing guy on the rush, but his boards play makes me vomit in my mouth. Most days I whine about how he doesn't play physical, but one game I was at he leveled Chara of all people. He's got a ton of talent and just no consistency.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Speaking of Brian Little in WPG, i just wish the Avs would have gone after, or pulled the trigger on guys like Enstrom and Wheeler a year or so ago when their value was lower, and it looked like they may be available.

Now Enstrom's leading the league in defenseman scoring, and Wheeler has developed into a really good forward for them, and they probably won't move either one now.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I would much rather have Little than Brassard. I think Calgary is a team that should take a chance with Brassard.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Speaking of Brian Little in WPG, i just wish the Avs would have gone after, or pulled the trigger on guys like Enstrom and Wheeler a year or so ago when their value was lower, and it looked like they may be available.

Now Enstrom's leading the league in defenseman scoring, and Wheeler has developed into a really good forward for them, and they probably won't move either one now.

Enstrom was that good when he was with Atlanta. I can't imagine they were ever thinking of trading him. He is the perfect partner for Byfuglien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad