Speculation: In-Game Differences With New Coach?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
VHP as a PP unit with Ehrhoff/? on the back end
Grigs either gets sent down (preferably) or gets a chance to play with some decent talent for at least part of a game(Grigs-Enzo-Staff line?)
Myers-Regehr and Myers-Leo are never again used as pairings once sekera's back

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It'll be interesting to see if Vanek gets put on the PK. Maybe we will see 50 goals from him yet.

Why do people want the team's top forward blocking shots with his shins, his skates, and the rest of his body? I've never understood the fascination with people wanting Vanek on the PK. Because he may score a shortie once in a blue moon? Great. Lotta consolation that'll be when he breaks a bone blocking a shot.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Leino roaring back when he is given more liberties.

If he just was healthy.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I'll be shocked if we don't see an immediate jump in energy, attitude, and to use a word I hate, "COMPETE".

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Why do people want the team's top forward blocking shots with his shins, his skates, and the rest of his body? I've never understood the fascination with people wanting Vanek on the PK. Because he may score a shortie once in a blue moon? Great. Lotta consolation that'll be when he breaks a bone blocking a shot.

Not exactly campaigning for it.

Just said it would be interesting.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
He was on the ice for goal-prevention. In that regard, he's been fine. Far be it from me to stare down the HF echo chamber, though.

I'd say he hasn't, but that's me. I have no gripe about Hecht as a serviceable 3rd line center. He's no longer an effective two-way player, though, and not good enough defensively to make up for that.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd say he hasn't, but that's me. I have no gripe about Hecht as a serviceable 3rd line center. He's no longer an effective two-way player, though, and not good enough defensively to make up for that.

And yet, for one reason or another, teams aren't scoring with him on the ice. Perhaps there's a reason for that. Perhaps it's a wonderful coincidence. But that's what the numbers are saying.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's disingenuous to set the 10 game minimum when 8 games counts as half of a full season played :laugh:.

Even so, I have him coming up further down the list. Are we checking different sources?

He's not a defensive liability like a good number of our forwards are, but he's hardly the driving force behind defensive success on his line.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Anyway, that's ancillary to the main point, which was that Hecht in a greater role would not help the team win games as much as other players on the roster. I feel fairly comfortable in that assessment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad