• Teenager, lived through 1986 cup.

• Young adult, remember 70's dynasty.

• OK boomer, another cup, yawn.

Results are only viewable after voting.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
17 and was lucky enough to see a lot of hockey that season, between the regular season, getting to go to the all-star game and also being in person for most of the games at the Forum in the playoffs. Was a great season!!

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
22 and not so much supporting the Canadiens, but more just rooting against Gretzky and Kurri.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I was 5/6 years old. Don't remember although supposedly I was really stoked about it.

First series I remember was when we got beat by NJ in '97 in 5 games.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
In 93 I was 27 old and went on a 3 day bar hop and got crazy drunk on parade day .
About 8 of my buddies and co-workers also missed work. Our boss was livid but non of us had any trouble going back on the job.
Highlight must have been the after game celebration at a strip club where nobody realized we just won the cup; we were treated like royalty when we entered the club and announced the news
Good times

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
I was 4 and don’t remember any of it. After all the years of disappointment I had grown pessimistic. Watching prospects get selected and develop is what kept me around.

Now I’m in my 30s, haven’t lived in Montreal in over 7 years, but will be packing the car later this week and driving to my hometown to take it all in.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was 5/6 years old. Don't remember although supposedly I was really stoked about it.

First series I remember was when we got beat by NJ in '97 in 5 games.

Ughh, that one was men against boys. I remember that one for brodeur scoring on the habs.

The other thing about that series is that it might have had the longest OT game in bell center history when brisebois scored.

I think it was either that one or the one next year against Buffalo when peca scored.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Ughh, that one was men against boys. I remember that one for brodeur scoring on the habs.

The other thing about that series is that it might have had the longest OT game in bell center history when brisebois scored.

I think it was either that one or the one next year against Buffalo when peca scored.

I also remember Brodeur scoring.

But the most vivid memory from that series is that my dad made me go to bed after the first OT or so, and me sneaking downstairs to listen to the game from the basement stairwell, haha. Then running up to bed after Brisebois scored.

Reactions: JianYang

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
The 93 series is on Sportsnet right now for anyone interested, the game looks so slow compared to today’s.

Matteus

May 11, 2009
In '93 I was already a bit jaded.
I had watched the '75, '76' 78, '79, and '86 cups and I still had memories of the '71 cup although I was only 12 at the time.
That's it, that's the post.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I was living in a shitty damp basement apartment with my girlfriend and my old 20 inch color tv died during the second period of game 4! I ran upstairs and woke up my Phillipino landlord(s), two of the coolest people on the planet and outstanding cooks as well, they kept me supplied in good food, (MR and Mrs. Aquino, I hope that the afterlife is treating you well!)

I woke them up and told them about my dilemma and they found me an old 9 inch, yes 9 inch black and white tv and gave it to me, all smiles. I rushed downstairs, hooked it up and proceeded to sit about a foot(30 centimeters) away from the screen with my eyes straining and forehead veins popping, I watched the infamous wink in black and white lol, Patrick Roy was a legend to me when I saw that.

We went on to win the cup and the black and white TV saved my ass, we were broke AF but really enjoyed life back then, fun times. That was back when the John LeClair jersey actually still fit.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I was living in a shitty damp basement apartment with my girlfriend and my old 20 inch color tv died during the second period of game 4! I ran upstairs and woke up my Phillipino landlord(s), two of the coolest people on the planet and outstanding cooks as well, they kept me supplied in good food, (MR and Mrs. Aquino, I hope that the afterlife is treating you well!)

I woke them up and told them about my dilemma and they found me an old 9 inch, yes 9 inch black and white tv and gave it to me, all smiles. I rushed downstairs, hooked it up and proceeded to sit about a foot(30 centimeters) away from the screen with my eyes straining and forehead veins popping, I watched the infamous wink in black and white lol, Patrick Roy was a legend to me when I saw that.

We went on to win the cup and the black and white TV saved my ass, we were broke AF but really enjoyed life back then, fun times. That was back when the John LeClair jersey actually still fit.

Did they make good crispy pata?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Playing Bantam for the Mariniers. Watching wrestling. Having my first girlfriend. Playing SNES, I got it the previous Christmas. Probably NHLPA Hockey, Super Mario World and Sim City, which my father gave to me for passing 6th grade. He thought little of video games, but he loved the idea that I was playing Sim City, and I loved it.

I still had my hockey cards but no longer did the whole trading with friends deal, I guess you get too old for that in high school...

For sure we all got f***ed buying loads of worthless Pro Sets, didn't we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad