Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

There are rules for everything in MLS, even for players who wanna take pay cuts to help their teams. All done for parity, yet ironically the team that just won the cup bought it.

That's not what it said. Had we made a lower offer, but ROD ACCEPTED IT, he would be under contract. He is on the waiver list because the two parties did not agree on a new contract.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
That's not what it said. Had we made a lower offer, but ROD ACCEPTED IT, he would be under contract. He is on the waiver list because the two parties did not agree on a new contract.
That was before Martineau clarified that we hadn't made a concrete offer because we were in trouble financially. I posted it right after.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
How can Fanni be so money hungry? Like you made millions at Marseille and very old so forget about playing all 34 games. So why ask for +1 Million? I'm assuming it's what he's asking for., because I doubt the team offered him lower to 750k

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

so that's why Dallas got rid of him for a mere of 75k lolol, I thought it was good bargain but nowafter seeing this, it's just another Mancosu on his way. I thought he was at 700k and DP which was okay as it would give space for solid depth but now it's WAY too much. This is indeed a small club where Taider is a top player so always have to expect the worst. No way he goes back to Argentina and gets paid 1,2 mill, unless he totally hates in Mtl and no team in MLS is as dumb as Montreal's. He'll stay.

so I guess Saputo will fire Garde by mid-season and hire a new manager with no MLS experience for another cycle. Bookmark it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Incredible that we’ll have to let our best defender go because we have to pay Camacho. Terrible asset management there.
It's a byproduct of the non-existence of a scouting department. We were caught in a quagmire and we spent almost 3 million on two defenders because that's all we knew.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Does that guy know that our second goalie next season is probably Jason Beaulieu? :laugh:

Is Diop coming back anyway?

Trading away Bush would relieve us from some money though

I believe Pantemis is the next in line after Diop. He's definitely the goalie Bats and the team see in their soup to replace Bush eventually. Odds are he's the main reason for Crépeau's departure.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
NYRB selected Marcus Epps from the Philadelphia Union on waiver selections.

Ureña was selected by Chicago Fire, who also selected Christian Martinez from Columbus Crew.

The only other player selected in the waiver draft was Ricky Lopez-Espin by LAFC. He was a 2018 draft pick of RSL., but played most of the season in the USL.

Rod Fanni was not selected. He's free to go wherever he wants.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Worst case we'll go with plan A, which was Diallo all along
In a way, this is positive because it forces Remi to look into our budget, which is clearly unbalanced. Can't have that in MLS. At least if you spend that much on D, you can't have question marks like Camacho. At 700k you're supposed to be one of the best CBs in the league, not a guy who sits in the final game of the season. I know it's a screwed up way of judging a player's value, but that's the reality of this league since the salaries have such a big gap.

Decisions will have to be made, you can't have it all.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I won't pretend I understand it all, but maybe why CONCACAF is doing this is because Ottawa Fury is an independently run organization, despite the affiliation with IMFC. They're not exactly an MLS team's second team like FC Montréal was or like Toronto FC II is.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm already making my bold prediction for next season.

Rudy Camacho will prove all the haters wrong. I remember last season when he back-to-back shut down Dom Dwyer, which was something Ciman or Cabrera never achieved.

It's obvious he got tired and had a ton of nagging injuries that slowed him down. But still, he's better than some of you give him credit for. His offensive instincts were fun to watch, and I'm really hoping for the best with that one.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Good news about Ottawa not getting sanctionned. Nowhere would a team be sanctionned for playing in a second division of another federation when they have their ticket for their own domestic first division. I wouldnt mind if this extends to the three MLS franchises in the future but it wont happen.

And no, Ottawa can not remain an affiliate to IMFC if they go to CanPL. The league has stated that they dont want MLS affiliates, which is another good decision. If we want soccer to grow in this country it's not by being slaves to Mickey Mouse. CPL will never have MLS reserve teams, it goes against the purpose of the league, forget it.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I won't pretend I understand it all, but maybe why CONCACAF is doing this is because Ottawa Fury is an independently run organization, despite the affiliation with IMFC. They're not exactly an MLS team's second team like FC Montréal was or like Toronto FC II is.

Exactly, Ottawa has nothing to do with IMFC other than an affiliation deal they struck when dumbass Joey dismantled the reserve team.

They wont develop anyone for IMFC if it doesnt serve their own interest, and they give jack shit about IMFC's style of play or anything. Most of the players IMFC sends there hardly even get minutes.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I'm pretty confident the team will be able to sign Fanni once they get rid of Cabrera and Vargas.

Camacho is the one they need to get rid of asap.He's older and more expensive than Cabrera. Vargas is only 21, you dont just "get rid" of a young player of his caliber. You actually try to develop him, or you send him on loan or sell him for good value if he doesnt fit into your plans. Unless you think a 21 year old player can be called a flop, then you just get rid of him, like a dumbass.

And since IMFC usually do things like dumbasses, you might get your wish.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Camacho is the one they need to get rid of asap.He's older and more expensive than Cabrera. Vargas is only 21, you dont just "get rid" of a young player of his caliber. You actually try to develop him, or you send him on loan or sell him for good value if he doesnt fit into your plans. Unless you think a 21 year old player can be called a flop, then you just get rid of him, like a dumbass.

And since IMFC usually do things like dumbasses, you might get your wish.

In Vargas case it's more than likely to be a loan, but I meant to get rid of his contract on the MLS cap more than anything. I know you personally like the kid, but so far it has proven to be an awful investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad