Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bernier is a smart and humble man, you won't see him reach for things he's not ready to do. I have blind trust in his integrity. The type of guy to step down if he feels he isn't helping the club. Think the total opposite of NDS.

bernier could assist a cap expert too, it could be the other way around.

Jean-Charles on 91.9 Sports had Olivier Brett on earlier asked if it would be possible that it would be Bernier and Leduc. Wouldn't be opposed to that. And get someone else to help them out, particularly in the contractual particularities of the MLS.

Reactions: JunglePete

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Jean-Charles on 91.9 Sports had Olivier Brett on earlier asked if it would be possible that it would be Bernier and Leduc. Wouldn't be opposed to that. And get someone else to help them out, particularly in the contractual particularities of the MLS.

Bernier and Leduc could be part of the intra MLS pro scouting team. Anything more than that would be a bit premature

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Thats exactly my point.They made the playoffs because they have a good team around this Cf. 8 goals in 28 games for a starting CF is **** and far from elite, thank you. Altidore got 7 goals in 12 starts. Armenteros is not top quality CF.

He does much more than scoring goals. He's a complete CF. He was a monster when IMFC visited Portland.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They need more of a president of soccer operations, than a DT (Garde is the DT). A guy that knows the MLS/CONCACAF well, that has good communication skills, can negociate contracts and has a good idea of how to move the club forward as the league grows.

I don't want some expensive big name from Italy or France to come over not knowing what the MLS is.

Reactions: ShaMu

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Leduc didn't comment at all the fire of Adam Braz.. maybe a sign !

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
FYI, Réjean Tremblay said today that he met Joey Saputo in Zurich's airport last week. It could very well be that he was on a business trip to Bologna, but maybe he went in Switzerland to meet with potential players/candidates for scouting and management positions.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He does much more than scoring goals. He's a complete CF. He was a monster when IMFC visited Portland.

Just one game and I don't even remember seeing him play.Seriously, I totally forgot his existence. That's how worthless he is to Portland's success. 8 goals is mediocre. A complete forward would at least hit double digit. He wasn't missed against Seattle. Idk why you're defending this guy. Adi scored 16 goals. Their coach probably traded Adi because he realized he doesn't need him/wants to play prospects. Idk.

My point is just Portland have no top quality CF yet they went this far because of the quality around the Striker. Valeri, Blanco, Guzman, Chara now Melano again. Montreal should follow this model, we already have Piatti, Silva. You already know they are gonna get some Ligue 1 reject/Ligue 2 caliber that will score 6-8 goals. If we don't sign a guy like David Villa, I would aim for a #10 asap that could score 12 and will make Taider stop going forward and lose the ball all the damn time.

they don't have 17 million but Juan Fernando Quintero would be great. (Chicago bound)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I like Leduc as GM. He seems to know his stuff, straightforward guy and not an ass kisser. If only he could wipe that permanent grin off his face, I would take him more seriously. Dude look like a full human version of The Mask. But yes Leduc over Braz anyday. I'd rather watch darts tournaments than Braz. He is so dull, it's like he's 85 years old inside. Hell, I know 85 years old more energetic than him. I fell asleep once in one of his press conference and it was broad daylight.

Bernier is annoying af, attention whore tired of seeing him, worse than Drogba I swear. like man enough already, dude always raises his eyebrows, moves his head side to side, it's like he got some latent ADHD, move too damn much. He should book an appoitment with a neurologist. I will become a member if he isn't the GM.
Please no Bernier.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

Leduc is good too, he gave me good tips to improve my game and to protect myself when i came up in collegial aaa from highschool. Sees the game in a cerebral way. He admires smarts as much if not more than skills. They are both good guys to have around.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
CanMNT goaler Milan Borjan’s team (Crvena Zveda) is hosting Liverpool for a CL match right now

1-0 Zevzda after 25

Edit: make it 2-0 at the 30th

Also, Thierry Henry’s Monaco is losing 3-0 at home against Club Brugge after 30

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I see an interesting name from Bundesliga and it's not Ribery :popcorn: but knowing this club they'll probably sign Dante to play next to Fanni.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
CanMNT goaler Milan Borjan’s team (Crvena Zveda) is hosting Liverpool for a CL match right now

1-0 Zevzda after 25

Edit: make it 2-0 at the 30th

Also, Thierry Henry’s Monaco is losing 3-0 at home against Club Brugge after 30

Monaco's in trouble in league 1, they have no aspirations in europe whatsoever. They haven't won in 4 games henry has been in charge as well. He took over a shit show because he turned pro there and I cant call it a mistake for that particular reason. When your first club turns to you, you go and help, but from a management standpoint he could have waited for a better opportunity like taking a spot in championship like lampard did with derby.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

People really believe that? It's NDS who will run the show, under wraps to fool everyone, the sneaky mastermind. At least for short-term and I have no problem with it. We need someone asap that knows this team, the league and with contacts. NDS has more contacts worldwide than Garde anyway. I wanna see more Silvas on this team.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
People really believe that? It's NDS who will run the show, under wraps to fool everyone, the sneaky mastermind. At least for short-term and I have no problem with it. We need someone asap that knows this team, the league and with contacts. NDS has more contacts worldwide than Garde anyway. I wanna see more Silvas on this team.

It takes one Ontivero, one Venegas and one Vargas for each Silva though

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
People really believe that? It's NDS who will run the show, under wraps to fool everyone, the sneaky mastermind. At least for short-term and I have no problem with it. We need someone asap that knows this team, the league and with contacts. NDS knows more shady agents in Argentina and Italy than Garde anyway. I wanna see more fat Maxi Rodriguez and Daniele Paponi on this team.

FTFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad