Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Wasn't Émile Legault the guy who trained with us early in the season and almost signed?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think all higher seeded teams go through (ATL, NYRB, Seattle, SKC)

I have the same predictions except I think RSL will beat SKC and I hope. Although they are not the best on paper, RSL have nothing but offensive weapons in Kreilach, Savarino, Rusnak and Rimando is becoming the beast that he was again. SKC are known chokers.

Speaking of Rimando, reminds of Bush "keep throwing your coins at me"

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Watched the pregame of Leicester City vs. Cardiff City where they had a moment of silence for Leicester's owner. You couldn't hear a pin drop. A real moment of silence. You would think you had it on mute. Reminds me of the real moment of silence at the Bell Center after Jean Beliveau's passing.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The problem with Larin is that he could be another Higuain/Lukaku but he has Eddie Johnson's workrate... Heaps of talent but just there for the paycheck, no passion whatsoever. In his mindset, he made it already so like the Brits say he can't be arsed.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wayne Rooney is making a comeback and got called up for England, one last time to face the US in a friendly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today is a quadruple-header. All four Leg Ones, all on TSN and TVA Sports.

- 3PM: Columbus vs. NYRB
- 5:30PM: Portland vs. Seattle
- 7PM: NYCFC vs. Atlanta
- 10PM: Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting KC

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Not surprised RSL beat LAFC, they're one sneaky team nobody noticed this season, but they're pretty good in the last third and high tempo.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Drogba scored a goal in each elimination game for Phoenix. They’re off of the final agaisnt Louisville next Thursday. All of the goals were late in the game.

Old dude still has passion

Reactions: QuebecPride

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'd stay far away from Larin if it wasn't for the fact that we can't recruit CFs to save our lives.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Man, Seattle losing 2-1 and losing 2 key players to injuries in the first half

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Portland are the living proof that you don't need an elite CF if every other players behind are above average. Ebobisse is a prospect, from last year's Superdraft, 5 goals in 34 games in USL. They've got a top #10, 2 elite #6s in Chara and Guzman. Just saying we need a #10, a real magician that can dictate the game in one touch. (Look at Higuain's assist to Zardes earlier). I never saw that with IMFC.

In this league you need a number 10 to go far, for each remaining 8 teams left, they all have an AM and obviously a #6 too. Miss me with that striker rhetoric, we could win games with Mancosu or AJH starting if we had a #10.... like HBA whose contract ends this summer.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Portland are the living proof that you don't need an elite CF if every other players behind are above average. Ebobisse is a prospect, from last year's Superdraft, 5 goals in 34 games in USL. They've got a top #10, 2 elite #6s in Chara and Guzman. Just saying we need a #10, a real magician that can dictate the game in one touch. (Look at Higuain's assist to Zardes earlier). I never saw that with IMFC.

In this league you need a number 10 to go far, for each remaining 8 teams left, they all have an AM and obviously a #6 too. Miss me with that striker rhetoric, we could win games with Mancosu or AJH starting if we had a #10.... like HBA whose contract ends this summer.

Your rhetoric is flawed though, as Armenteros (a top quality forward) played 28 out of 34 games for the Timbers this year, scoring 8 goals. He's the main reason why they transfered Adi to Cincinnati. Very high odds they would not have made the playoffs without him.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Your rhetoric is flawed though, as Armenteros (a top quality forward) played 28 out of 34 games for the Timbers this year, scoring 8 goals. He's the main reason why they transfered Adi to Cincinnati. Very high odds they would not have made the playoffs without him.

Oh shit. You have a solid argument against one of JP’s points.

I hope you have a bulletproof vest ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad