Post-Game Talk: I'm not even mad. Jets lose 4-0 to the mighty Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Reporter (Lawless?) asks Hainsey if we can learn from this,

Ron Hainsey - "Luckily we won't see these guys again until the Conference Final, in which we'll have a new and improved gameplan".

Oh, Hains. :laugh:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Not a good effort at all.

-LLW was the only line that seemed to have any kind of jump consistently. Although, Wheeler was completely shut down for the most part and that ultimately hurt that line.
-Kane had jump, but that was it for his line.
-Joker was invisible until he was put on the point to start that 5on3. Then you noticed he was useless.
-Enstrom probably should have started that PP instead of Joker. We got more opportunities after that. Although, that might partly have to do with Ladd not trying to force a completely unnecessary cross-ice pass.
-Speaking of Toby, I thought he was the only defenseman that didn't completely outmatched or afraid of Crosby or Malkin.
-Buff was bad for the most part. Helped create a little offense but nothing more.
-I'm wondering where the physical confident Bogosian is, because that wasn't him out there tonight. Too afraid to make a mistake it seemed like and that seemed to cause him to get caught chasing...a lot.
-Hainsey wasn't really any better, but he knew when not to chase allllll over the place.
-Btw, I'm almost positive that Hainsey fell down more times then we as a team knocked a Penguin player down. Very little physical play.
-Burmi wasn't good either but neither was most of the team so I don't think you can be too critical of him. If so, then everyone deserves the same treatment. Had a good shift with about 15 to go in the 3rd with helping on a breakout and then forcing a turnover in the neutral zone and got the puck back up the ice in Pens zone. Mostly though trying to do too much.
-I thought Monty played well. Was very poised even after we were down by 4. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't that way.

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Monty played ok, I didn't expect too much out of him considering who we were playing. The Antro line played well tonight, LLW couldn't get anything going. Move on and get ready for the next game.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Reporter (Lawless?) asks Hainsey if we can learn from this,

Ron Hainsey - "Luckily we won't see these guys again until the Conference Final, in which we'll have a new and improved gameplan".

Oh, Hains. :laugh:

Lol love hainsey! Just epic comment XD

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
TBH the Jets were skunked tonight, 2 breakaways that didn't go in. A 2 man advantage, no goal.

It happens, time to bounce back and wipe the floor with the Canes.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
We need a BIG win against the Canes on Saturday. Though I am a little worried about Washington catching us. All Washington needs is a 4 game winning streak and they are ahead of us.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
6Q3uuSh.jpg

bazaaa*

Well, I wanst expecting a win, but it would have been nice to at least get the loser point. At least the Leafs did us a big favour.

Now the Jets need to go 8-5 over the last 13 to gurantee a spot in the playoffs

7-6 is more than likely enough. A win over Carolina, and they could probably finish 5-7 and still make it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Everybody was bad, but two guys worry me.

Bogosian continues his approach of chasing guys and poking at the puck in his own end, including behind the goal line. He just doesn't get involved physically the way a big, strong, fast D should. I hope it's not his wrist that worries him. If he doesn't play physically, that pairing with Hainsey is way too soft to play against most teams.

I've seen enough of Jokinen. It's like he's playing with a soft rubber stick. He can't win a face-off, can't make a shot, and whiffs on too many passes. His short stint on the 5-3 powerplay was just awful.

Last edited:

bazaaa*

Buff has been pretty brutal the last couple weeks too.
He could have easily stopped that 2-1 from happening, but he was too lazy to skate back.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
He could have easily stopped that 2-1 from happening, but he was too lazy to skate back.

Buff needs to ride the pine. He's been completely disinterested and it's been very nauseating watching him.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Big Buff was horriffic, 2 goals because he was either too lazy or too tired to get after the puck carrier, that guys needs to loose about 30 pounds, seriously.

My plan for you guys is thus, loose the dead wood, the guys that came with the looser (Leafs) mentality, Wellwood and Antropov. Get someone to play with Kane, improve the 3rd line.

After that, good to go. Hope your ownership group is willing to spend a few bucks though and not be in the mediocre middle like Calgary forever as you have some really good pieces.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Well, after this game was over I watched the Rangers game, so I got to watch 2 really ****** games tonight. :rant:

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Big Buff was horriffic, 2 goals because he was either too lazy or too tired to get after the puck carrier, that guys needs to loose about 30 pounds, seriously.

My plan for you guys is thus, loose the dead wood, the guys that came with the looser (Leafs) mentality, Wellwood and Antropov. Get someone to play with Kane, improve the 3rd line.

After that, good to go. Hope your ownership group is willing to spend a few bucks though and not be in the mediocre middle like Calgary forever as you have some really good pieces.

Agree with you 100%, but I fully expect our GM to just roll the dice and play out the season with what we have for the most part. If anything, we'll pick up a waiver scrap that will have almost zero impact on our team. Or maybe we'll go after that Ponikarovsky guy???

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Listening to 1290 guys prop up the Jets after every single game is getting annoying. They can't seem to do any wrong to these guys. Our effort to hit the net needs to improve. We can't score goals without hitting the net.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

He was gassed. It has to be said - he needs to be in better shape to play his kind of game. If he lost 20-25 pounds and got in shape, he would be an absolute beast all the time. Now, he can just be dominant in spurts. It's not enough for this franchise to take the next step.

Still, when Buff makes a drive to the net, how can there be a clear 2-on-1 going the other way??? That is so clearly the fault of a forward.

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Not surprised by this loss, on to the next one. This is another example of a save % meaning very little. Montoya, had a .907 % but was solid in the game, definatly not below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad