Proposal: I'm fixing the Habs, (2trades,1bribe,1new UFA)

member 88115

yeah let's deal every first round pick and quality prospect we have

fantasy sci fi trades are sci fi

ps overpayment for duchene and muzzin

Welcome to the contending years. Where you will over pay for the right guy (not saying Muzzin or Duchene are pieces since i'm not a Habs fan)

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Feels like everyone gets so focused on futures that they fail to see what the team will look like then.

If your top players are currently in their primes and trading most of your futures will push you to a cup then do it. When those futures show up your current prime aged guys won't be as good and you won't be a cup contender.

I guess it comes down to the question of do you prefer to be a playoff team for 10+ years or be a cup contender for 5 and then rebuild.

I personally would go for the cup but it seems like most fans on HF are not interested in the cup as much as just being a playoff team.

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
Actually, I really like OP. Makes sense to go hard when Price is still at the top of his game. Go big or go home.

At the same time...RIP in five years. Should you do it? Hell, yes! No stagnation! But...this would doom you to 5 years of bottom feeding. That's better than staying permanently in the middl, though.

Also, you simply have to love the 'Yuk-'Chev-'Ov line. All sorts of possibilities for marketing.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
In this order: Major changes Bolded

1. Habs - Kings

Scherbak, Beaulieu, Fucale, 1st

for

Muzzin

Beaulieu likely becomes expansion fodder for LA as they have five defenseman they wnat to protect atm and the habs taking muzzin

2. With Beaulieu gone The best players not protected on the Habs are Emelin, Davdison, Benn, and montoya.

We bribe LV to take emelin (likely a second)

3. NHL Draft day

Avs - Habs

Duchene
for

Sergchev, Mccarron, 1st, Plekanec

Habs need a top six centre (ideally one b) Avs need defensive prospects.

4. July 1st

Sign Shipachev - one year 5.5 mil
This allows us to move Chucky to the wing

Resign Galchenyuk and radulov both at 6 mill
Resign Steve Ott, Nesterov, and A.Martinsen for about 800k each
Resign markov for 4.5 mil for two years

current cap hit just under 75 million (74.8)

Habs lineup

Patches - Duchene - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Shipachev - radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Ott - Mitchel
Martinesen

Weber - Muzzin
Petry - Markov
Benn- Davidsion
Nesterov

Price
Montoya

Thoughts on deals and the ideas in general?

Both those deals are bad for the Habs. Trade Beaulieu + 1st/McCarron to the Jets for Myers.

Flip Myers to the Oilers for RNH straight up. It's no secret that the Oilers still want another RD and I'm sure Jets wouldn't mind a much cheaper, young LD. Sergachev will most likely play in the NHL next year and it won't be long before he surpasses Muzzin.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Welcome to the contending years. Where you will over pay for the right guy (not saying Muzzin or Duchene are pieces since i'm not a Habs fan)

Usually on Hf boards the common idea is you can't trade futures for right nows, with LA and the Avs you can LA has no forward prospects, and Avs are rebuilding.

Many people have said bad trades but has anyone preposed a counter offer or another target. One guy suggested going after nuge, I have suggested this in the past threads on this board.

Again look at what is offered on the 2 big deals.

Sergachev+1st+big mac and we get rid of pleky for duchene. In the Duchene thread this was considered fair value by most parties whether or not it happens is another matter entirely. Also if my scenario occurs where does big mac slot in the lineup, he doesn't have one anyway.

Muzzin Deal, Muzzin is horribly under rated on Hf. he was on team Canada for christ's sake. On most teams muzzin would be their best defenseman he is an elite number 2 (something we need). Let's look at what I offered,
Scherbak, habs have some of the best RW depth in the league don't really need him , LA does. Next Fucale he is our third best goalie prospect, a late 1st, with this team I built, that will be in the 27-31 range, nathan beaulieu, he is a good defenseman when he is on his game, but again he isn't needed with the aquisition of muzzin also if we were to acquire muzzin beaulieu gets taken in expansion draft.

As the man I quoted said, Welcome the contending years you sell you future to make a push unless you tanked hard for a decade. The habs have two top 5 picks on their roster.

The way I see it the habs have 3 options
1. stay in the range of almost a contender for the next 10 years
2. start a rebuild right now, we have valuable players on good contracts
3. Go all in by mortgaging the future

I'm open to option 2 or 3, but if you aren't going to offer insight other than nope won't work or paying to much why comment. You think my preposal is off make a change or suggestion.

member 88115

Usually on Hf boards the common idea is you can't trade futures for right nows, with LA and the Avs you can LA has no forward prospects, and Avs are rebuilding.

Many people have said bad trades but has anyone preposed a counter offer or another target. One guy suggested going after nuge, I have suggested this in the past threads on this board.

Again look at what is offered on the 2 big deals.

Sergachev+1st+big mac and we get rid of pleky for duchene. In the Duchene thread this was considered fair value by most parties whether or not it happens is another matter entirely. Also if my scenario occurs where does big mac slot in the lineup, he doesn't have one anyway.

Muzzin Deal, Muzzin is horribly under rated on Hf. he was on team Canada for christ's sake. On most teams muzzin would be their best defenseman he is an elite number 2 (something we need). Let's look at what I offered,
Scherbak, habs have some of the best RW depth in the league don't really need him , LA does. Next Fucale he is our third best goalie prospect, a late 1st, with this team I built, that will be in the 27-31 range, nathan beaulieu, he is a good defenseman when he is on his game, but again he isn't needed with the aquisition of muzzin also if we were to acquire muzzin beaulieu gets taken in expansion draft.

As the man I quoted said, Welcome the contending years you sell you future to make a push unless you tanked hard for a decade. The habs have two top 5 picks on their roster.

The way I see it the habs have 3 options
1. stay in the range of almost a contender for the next 10 years
2. start a rebuild right now, we have valuable players on good contracts
3. Go all in by mortgaging the future

I'm open to option 2 or 3, but if you aren't going to offer insight other than nope won't work or paying to much why comment. You think my preposal is off make a change or suggestion.

You have been pretty fair with your proposals.

DL over payed for Lucic, Sekera, Regehr, Carter (maybe not), & Mike Richards. Most of the guys played important roles to two cups. DL gambled on Sekeras and Lucic, but lost hard. So the question is: Are the Habs ready for the next step? And how many trades do you make to point where you still have depth on your team? DL had to make 2 solid trades to get LA going once the teams was ready in Carter and Richards trade. If DL does not make that trade, LA would be a bubble team. + confidence was not the highest in the middle season when LA won the 1st cup. But it was obvious we needed a forward with speed and DL brought in Carter and LA just tuned it up a couple of notches. The rest was history, with a cup to show for it.

About Muzzin, I think DL is going to go for the best Forward Prospect made available, + would be less than what you offered.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
In this order: Major changes Bolded

1. Habs - Kings

Scherbak, Beaulieu, Fucale, 1st

for

Muzzin

Beaulieu likely becomes expansion fodder for LA as they have five defenseman they wnat to protect atm and the habs taking muzzin

2. With Beaulieu gone The best players not protected on the Habs are Emelin, Davdison, Benn, and montoya.

We bribe LV to take emelin (likely a second)

3. NHL Draft day

Avs - Habs

Duchene
for

Sergchev, Mccarron, 1st, Plekanec

Habs need a top six centre (ideally one b) Avs need defensive prospects.

4. July 1st

Sign Shipachev - one year 5.5 mil
This allows us to move Chucky to the wing

Resign Galchenyuk and radulov both at 6 mill
Resign Steve Ott, Nesterov, and A.Martinsen for about 800k each
Resign markov for 4.5 mil for two years

current cap hit just under 75 million (74.8)

Habs lineup

Patches - Duchene - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Shipachev - radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Ott - Mitchel
Martinesen

Weber - Muzzin
Petry - Markov
Benn- Davidsion
Nesterov

Price
Montoya

Thoughts on deals and the ideas in general?

wonderful... you trade the 1st round pick twice and mortgage our future.
your title should be kiling the habs hopes for another 20 years
stick to your day job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad