Post-Game Talk: I'm a Leaf on the Wind. Watch How I <<splat>>: Leafs Lose 3-2 in Arizona. (PGT p19)

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I think fighting and hits should be banned. Also, they should remove the puck because people's feelings get hurt when the other team wins.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
phaneuf polak komarov have been crushing opponents as much as and probably more than any trio in hockey. I don't see other teams' goons able to stop them from doing that, or our lack of goons scaring them away from doing that.

Fighting or sticking together is about a sense of team and developing confidence in smaller players to play "a little taller" in their skates.

Any secret as to the fact that Kadri's best seasons came with Orr and McLaren in the line up?

Now, whether you need a designated fighter or not… that's a fair debate. But knowing that your teammates will have your back if you need it, that's confidence inspiring.

To say the Leafs have "team toughness" is just a saying. It means nothing if they don't ever demonstrate it.

About 1 in 4 games have fights in the NHL. It may be down but it sure isn't gone.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Fighting or sticking together is about a sense of team and developing confidence in smaller players to play "a little taller" in their skates.

Any secret as to the fact that Kadri's best seasons came with Orr and McLaren in the line up?

Now, whether you need a designated fighter or not… that's a fair debate. But knowing that your teammates will have your back if you need it, that's confidence inspiring.

To say the Leafs have "team toughness" is just a saying. It means nothing if they don't ever demonstrate it.

About 1 in 4 games have fights in the NHL. It may be down but it sure isn't gone.

Well we don't have anyone who can fight in the lineup other than Phaneuf, and we need him on the ice, not in the box. Clune would be a good option, but we have so many people ahead of him on the depth chart it would take forever for him to get up here in anything more than spot duty. Plus even he's not much more than a pure fighter.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If my math is correct the Leafs are 5th in the NHL in hits per game at 27.2 (behind NYI, PHI, LAK, BOS) and for once this year that number isn't inflated by having no puck possession.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Are you guys really talking about fighting in response to Kadri getting bumped in the head still? It was a completely accidental play and only happened because he was off balance. That is worse than Dion being forced to fight after a clean hit.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
because goalies have near total control of their save percentage, while shooters have very little control of their shooting percentage. save percentage is a skill, shooting percentage is mostly luck.

zeke, can you expand on this

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If my math is correct the Leafs are 5th in the NHL in hits per game at 27.2 (behind NYI, PHI, LAK, BOS) and for once this year that number isn't inflated by having no puck possession.

It would be inflated by playing at the ACC though. Our hit counters are very generous (Only NYI is more generous, IIRC).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad