Ilya Zubov

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Rahan, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Rahan

Rahan Registered User

Home Page:
    I don't know much about him.

I know he's currently playing for Russia in the U-18's, and that he's producing. I'd like to know what to expect from him, what's his game, what kind of potential he has.

Also, is he one of the top russian prospects right now? Who should we be keeping an eye on from Russia for the next two drafts?

Lots of questions, sorry. ;)

2. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

Zubov is one of the top Russian prospects for this draft, according to Russianprospects. He's a skilled center with good hands and a nice wrist shot from what I'm told. I don't know what his potential is, but he's having a solid year in the High league although not that much better then last season where he played in the High league for the same Traktor Chelyabinsk team.

For this draft, I would think Istomin, Zubov, Churilov, Anikienko, Buravchikov, Belov, Zharkov, Zubarev and Krysanov would be the guys to keep an eye on. Shirokov, Megalinsky, Panin, Rylov, Romanov, Markarov, Karpov are guys that were passed over last year (unless Shirokov did opt out) with some of them seeing RSL time, perhaps a team will take a shot on them. Got to think Shirokov and Megalinksy will be picked, I always liked Markarov but he's been passed over twice now. Panin struggled in the WJC's but played for Lada all season. Rylov didn't look too bad the wjc's and saw time in the RSL.

3. he's a great diver, a little tap on the wrist and he goes down like he stepped on a landmine...

i don't know much about him but in todays canada russia game after being hit a few times he showed a reluctance to go after the puck...but he got an earful on the bench and played pretty well after that.but thats just one game, so take what i said with a grain of salt.

4. Chootoi

Chootoi Registered User

Home Page:
    relation to sergei?

5. wilka91*

wilka91* Registered User

they share the same last name :dunce:

6. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

No Trukhno?

7. Habsfan 32

Habsfan 32 Registered User

Trukhno is considered a north american player because he played in the Q this year.

8. CH Wizard

CH Wizard Guest

Maybe , I'm just drunk BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH REAALLLY HARD!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's true but don't forget it's kinda hard for a russian kid to play against the big canadian d's.He showed some serious flashes vs Canada.Woodlief was right , he's too selfish with the puck but the guy wasn't stopping making fun of the canadian d's.Once , eh deked them alot and instead of cutting to the net he turned behind the net and took a bad shot.He has also an amzing wrist shot.I'd keep an eye on him and Buravchikov in the upcoming games , they're both skilled and fun to watch.

Anikeenko also looked solid against Canada , he was the most physical d out there and I liked his slapshot.He looked more like a stay at home defenceman.Let's say what he'll do (he scored a goal against Germany on the pp).

9. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Ah, yeah, shoulda figured that. Thanks for clarifying :)

10. czechhockeyfan

czechhockeyfan Registered User

economist
    Home Page:
    He will have nice European career. That´s all.

11. markov`

markov` Registered User

Home Page:
    I'd watch Anton Krysanov from Russia, he's my favorite Russian prospect eligible. His skating is really his achille heels, because his skills would make him a top 20 selection IMO. He's 6'5, has already played 15 games in the RSL (and scored a goal) and is a great two way player with soft hands.

12. Habsfan 32

Habsfan 32 Registered User

No problemo

13. Darcy Wakaluk

Darcy Wakaluk Registered User

I only saw the first and the top half of the second period before having to go to work, but from what I saw, I was very unimpressed with Anikeenko. He made two terrible giveaways, one which lead to a goal and another which almost lead to a breakaway. From the little I saw, he seems to be the Wes O'Neill of this draft, he's got the physical tools but lacks the smarts and hockey sense to complete the package.

14. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love

corporate drone
    montreal - Shirokov opted out of last year's draft.

15. monster_bertuzzi

monster_bertuzzi registered user

Home Page:
    Funny you should say that. Wes O'Neill got deked out of his pants at last years tourny by Danish forward Jannik Hansen. In the game VS Canada Anikeenko had a similar situation - deked out of his pants by Dan Bertram.

16. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Kill! Jeff, Kill!!! Sponsor

Home Page:
    His package of size and skill is certainly intriguiging, but his skating really leaves a lot to be desired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.