Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Sorokin is the last guy on this team I'd be worried about. Expecting him to be a miracle worker every game is not fair to him. We're lax defensively, he's seeing a ton of rubber, our PK has swapped identities with our PP. If we could support our goaltending more instead of blowing D zone coverages and letting him face shooters from right in front of him I'm sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.
You're right. I'm over analyzing and grasping at straws.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Right now we're riding great streaks from Horvat, Dobber and Barzy. Going to be nice when we get one from Sorokin.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
You're right. I'm over analyzing and grasping at straws.
He’s been weak since the playoffs. It’s more on him than the team. There’s plenty of defensive breakdowns, but he’s demonstrating mental Tommy Salo-like weaknesses to let in weak goals or goals at the wrong time.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He’s been weak since the playoffs. It’s more on him than the team. There’s plenty of defensive breakdowns, but he’s demonstrating mental Tommy Salo-like weaknesses to let in weak goals or goals at the wrong time.
Sorokin, all of the sudden, is showing mental weakness? He was mentally strong all of last season. It would be fair to say last playoff he was showing signs of fatigue. Now he’s become mentally weak? That’s a hoot.

Reactions: Foppberg

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Sorokin, all of the sudden, is showing mental weakness? He was mentally strong all of last season. It would be fair to say last playoff he was showing signs of fatigue. Now he’s become mentally weak? That’s a hoot.
It’s a hoot he’s been pretty mediocre since that playoff series. He’s 37th in GAA. Yup, everything is normal. Vezina to follow.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
So let’s call it mental weakness because we can’t figure out what else it could be.
Letting in weak goals is a mental weakness thing. Whether it’s temporary or not, who knows? Could be 5 games, 20 games, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad